Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s not that I don’t rate Coady, it simply comes down to budget and prioritising areas of greater need in the team.

For example if we end up with Max Lowe starting at LWB because we’ve spent £4.5-£5m on a CB/RCB instead of a new LWB, then that would be a pretty stupid use of our budget.

If we’re going to spend money like Forest, then get Coady signed up, but I very much doubt our spending will be even half of what Forest spent last summer.

Speaking of Forest and Coady.....kind of signing they would make

Speaking of Forest and Coady.....kind of signing they would make

Forest might become the new “Gone to Villa”. We’re still likely to be in the same market for a similar calibre of player and they will be able to blow us out of the water wages wise too.

So long as we don't take a Wilder punt on his mate Keane,shocking player for an international 🙄

For those saying he wouldn't want to come to a club fighting relegation - he went on loan to fucking Everton who survived on the last day in the last two seasons

Nailed on to sign for Everton permanently now that they've stayed up, surely?
He's a blood and thunder Dyche type player, and he's a Toffees fan is he not?
Out of our league anyway I would think.

He's a Liverpool fan. Not that that matters when millions are being dangled in front of you

we sign coady and he goes straight in to our first 11 for me alongside anel and egan i reckon all 3 could play any position in that back line robinson who had a great second half of the season addmitedly will be too error prone for the premier league and will get punished for every mistake he makes if the salary can be agreed its a no brainer for me at 4m

we sign coady and he goes straight in to our first 11 for me alongside anel and egan i reckon all 3 could play any position in that back line robinson who had a great second half of the season addmitedly will be too error prone for the premier league and will get punished for every mistake he makes if the salary can be agreed its a no brainer for me at 4m
I agree. He'd tick a lot of boxes - established and experienced Prem player, undoubted quality, comfortable in possession, plays best in a back 3 etc.

While he wouldn't be cheap (very few Prem players would be!) and would have minimal resale value he's not on an obscene amount (~£60/week) so affording him wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility should all parties be keen.

The only question would be whether he'd be able to play LCB. Anel is nowhere near as effective and Egan isn't mobile enough to do it.

I agree. He'd tick a lot of boxes - established and experienced Prem player, undoubted quality, comfortable in possession, plays best in a back 3 etc.

While he wouldn't be cheap (very few Prem players would be!) and would have minimal resale value he's not on an obscene amount (~£60/week) so affording him wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility should all parties be keen.

The only question would be whether he'd be able to play LCB. Anel is nowhere near as effective and Egan isn't mobile enough to do it.
you know he could be our answer to the defensive midfielder we need plus could cover for injuries to any of our centre backs i would offer wolves 4m and offer coady 40k a week thats still not a big salary for an established premier league player i think he may well be interested as well if neither wolves or everton want him

If we pull this off I’d be over the moon. Sure Egan and Anel don’t need replacing but the lad’s an England International and a proven prem player, I’m sure one of those 3 could play on the left side to fit him in and even if they can’t it adds great competition to get into the side and better depth than Bash! Would be fantastic on and off the pitch.

The wages point is a fair one but I don’t agree with Coady being out of our league. He’s lost a bit of his shine IMO. He fell out of favour at a fairly average Wolves side, and the same thing happened at a relegation threatened Everton. He’s good at the base of a back three but more limited in a four man defence, which automatically reduces interest. And he’s 30. I imagine a team like Nottingham Forest will be aiming for someone more exciting. We should absolutely explore it though and I’m sure we will.

The wages point is a fair one but I don’t agree with Coady being out of our league. He’s lost a bit of his shine IMO. He fell out of favour at a fairly average Wolves side, and the same thing happened at a relegation threatened Everton. He’s good at the base of a back three but more limited in a four man defence, which automatically reduces interest. And he’s 30. I imagine a team like Nottingham Forest will be aiming for someone more exciting. We should absolutely explore it though and I’m sure we will.

Loans, frees, young players to build future resilience.
Coady ticks none of the boxes.

Apparently the deadline is tomorrow for Everton to sign Coady permanently. Probably will be a lot clearer in next couple of days seeing what crack is.

Think we should be looking at fending off clubs after our current players. If we can’t convince the likes of Coady the likes of Egan, Anel, Berge or Ndiaye are staying we will look a lot less attractive.

If Coady came in with the above players staying and a couple of decent loans we could make a fist of next season.

Can they afford £4m for anyone?

4million (+ wages) for a reserve ?
It's a bargain for the quality he has.
Would be more about the wages he wants.

He'll want to be first choice though, rightfully - so I think Egan would have to play LCB... Which isn't really ideal on paper.

I'd love to sign him, but surely he'll get a bigger offer.... He needs a club playing three centre backs though.... Maybe Wolves will need a new manager who wants to play three at the back.

Basically it doesn't make complete sense and I'm confused.

Let's just take the money, pay the debts and get out of this Premier League

We don't belong there, the club is too old fashioned, set in its ways, too tight and stubborn to recognise the way football has moved on

We're like a beggar outside the church who gets invited to the wedding and reception with a free bar and food all day

For one day he'll live like a king and tomorrow its back to reality

Take the money, then try to come back next year and take some more money off them.

It's a bargain for the quality he has.
Would be more about the wages he wants.

He'll want to be first choice though, rightfully - so I think Egan would have to play LCB... Which isn't really ideal on paper.

I'd love to sign him, but surely he'll get a bigger offer.... He needs a club playing three centre backs though.... Maybe Wolves will need a new manager who wants to play three at the back.

Basically it doesn't make complete sense and I'm confused.
well egan is a regular for roi at lcb i think he would be ok there and coady could then play the middle centre back role actually anel was brilliant in the game he covered for egan this season as well if we could get coady either loan or 4m and salary could be agreed it would be a fantastic signing and would give us a better chance of staying up

well egan is a regular for roi at lcb i think he would be ok there and coady could then play the middle centre back role actually anel was brilliant in the game he covered for egan this season as well if we could get coady either loan or 4m and salary could be agreed it would be a fantastic signing and would give us a better chance of staying up
Yeah it's only that Egan at LCB restricts us in an attacking sense. Defensively it's absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom