Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Beard will not sign permanently in L1
I've not believed sentiment counts for much in football for many years (probably since Dane Whitehouse) but the magical second half of this season has reignited a bit of my faith. I think John Brayford has been largely embarrassed but mostly overwhelmed by the way in which Unitedites have taken to him. Along with that fabled thing "team-spirit", I think he will be seriously considering it and I suppose that's all we can hope for right now.

I've not believed sentiment counts for much in football for many years (probably since Dane Whitehouse) but the magical second half of this season has reignited a bit of my faith. I think John Brayford has been largely embarrassed but mostly overwhelmed by the way in which Unitedites have taken to him. Along with that fabled thing "team-spirit", I think he will be seriously considering it and I suppose that's all we can hope for right now.

I know what you mean, but he'll command quite a hefty fee and his wages will be crazy

Liverpool also have youngsters such as Jack Robinson, Martin Kelly and Conor Coady who will be given the opportunity to pursue their career elsewhere for the right price.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer? If they want rid then i think we may have to pay compo, but the amount ain't for Liverpool to decide.

As Conor is still 21, does this mean that any transfer fee for him would not count against FFP?

I know what you mean, but he'll command quite a hefty fee and his wages will be crazy
Yeah but coming to Bramall Lane would mean accepting that you're a League 1 player. That will be part of the consideration he has to make. Players have taken big cuts in the past to either play for a team they love or on the back of a chairman's vision to a more lucrative future. I can see JB eyeing a bit of both of those scenarios.

As Conor is still 21, does this mean that any transfer fee for him would not count against FFP?
He would count towards SCMP. It applies to all those aged 20 on 1 September 2014. I assume any fee would count as well. We might negotiate around this allowing a sell-on clause ?

Solskjær strikes me as a reactive person. So i think he will want Brayford because of the performances he has put in rather than if he would suit or adapt to Cardiff. So I don't think we have much chance. Hope I'm wrong.
Lets put a buy back clause in Coady s contract so when he has completed his development with us Liverpool would have to pay
3 million more than anyone else:D.

Have you got a source? :p

hp-fruity-sauce.jpg

They will have lots of clauses in the contract not only sell on but first shout if he goes big time. I'd get him signed up one less that needs to fit in come next season.

Thing about Brayford, lest we forget, if 'loyalty' comes into it, Brayford will have more ties with Derby than Sheff Utd. That added to the fact Derby will be AT LEAST Championship next season, that is surely his most likely destination? Added to the fact their first choice right back is currently a loanee... Brayford would be daft to move to L1 with his talent at his age.

Coady on the other hand, is a young ambitious kid who's only experience of first team football was with us in L1. In football terms, it wouldn't be daft for him to sign a contract with us containing a release clause if we didn't get promoted. That way he showcases his talent, plays guaranteed first team football and would be in the Championship the following season one way or t'other. Much more likely.

Coady on the other hand, is a young ambitious kid who's only experience of first team football was with us in L1. In football terms, it wouldn't be daft for him to sign a contract with us containing a release clause if we didn't get promoted. That way he showcases his talent, plays guaranteed first team football and would be in the Championship the following season one way or t'other. Much more likely.

I'm not even sure we'd need to go that far. There's a perfect comparison at the club in Jose Baxter. He had to go to Tranmere on loan to get experience in the league and actually opted to turn down a new contract at Everton so he could leave and join Oldham at the same level. Baxter was at that stage of his career more highly rated than I think Coady is right now - at one stage he was tipped to develop into a player heading to Brazil this summer. I am quite confident we could get Coady - far more so than our prospects re: Brayford permanently, for next season at least.

not worth £1.5mil IMO

May be in a couple of years but we cant spend that on him

Back
Top Bottom