Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We couldn't afford established PL player wages last time, so baffled as to how it'll happen this time,

£4.5m for a 30 year old is way too much money especially when you add his wages on top.

The money available for transfer fees should be used on younger players.
No it’s not it’s an absolute steal, he’s as fit as an ox and has about 5 years at a decent level in him, 2-3 years contract with a 5m transfer fee is an absolute steal.

£4.5m for a 30 year old is way too much money especially when you add his wages on top.

The money available for transfer fees should be used on younger players.
Alternatively £4.5m for a former captain with 176 premier league appearances, 10 England caps and a call up to the England world cup squad just 6 months ago sounds like an absolute bargain.

if wolves dont want him or everton would be a great signing for us either on loan with view to buy or test the water and offer wolves 3m plus add ons if we stay up can see peoples concerns about where he would play but we need another centre back to come in were gonna get injuries plus coady can also play the defensive midfielder role

To sign good players you do have to spend abit of money you know

1. We should be looking to bring the average age of the squad down.

2. Coady doesn’t play in a position where there is a great need (Egan and Anel don’t need replacing)

3. Our budget isn’t that big so the money would be better spent in other areas.

Depends on our budget. Would be a good option to be able to rotate the defenders and deal with injuries if he is available for £4-5m, has always looked very solid whenever I’ve watched him in the PL. Meant to be a fantastic character in the dressing room too, part of the reason he got into the England squad for the WC over probably technically better defenders like Tomori. If we really are completely skint then probably no though!

Wouldn’t be against moving anel to the middle and having coady as the rcb for games where we’re pinned back against the likes of arsenal

To sign good players you do have to spend abit of money you know
How much of £20m is “a bit” ?
Then another “bit” on a midfielder
& another “bit” on a forward ?
& another “ bit” on a keeper ?
Oh & another “bit” on a left sided CB or L(W)B - depending on where RND plays

How big a bit of the wages budget we gonna give CC ?

Trying to work out if I've nodded off and woken up in the twilight zone?

Is anyone seriously, and I mean seriously, trying to claim that we shouldn't sign CC if he's available??

I get the money constraints and the possible wage constraints but if, big if, we can get the deal done then he's better than ANY player in our back line.

I got shouted down on here a good few weeks back when i suggested that he might be available for around £4m......
Absolute no brainer if he's interested and the wages aren't extortionate.

Trying to work out if I've nodded off and woken up in the twilight zone?

Is anyone seriously, and I mean seriously, trying to claim that we shouldn't sign CC if he's available??

I get the money constraints and the possible wage constraints but if, big if, we can get the deal done then he's better than ANY player in our back line.

It’s not that I don’t rate Coady, it simply comes down to budget and prioritising areas of greater need in the team.

For example if we end up with Max Lowe starting at LWB because we’ve spent £4.5-£5m on a CB/RCB instead of a new LWB, then that would be a pretty stupid use of our budget.

If we’re going to spend money like Forest, then get Coady signed up, but I very much doubt our spending will be even half of what Forest spent last summer.

It’s not that I don’t rate Coady, it simply comes down to budget and prioritising areas of greater need in the team.

For example if we end up with Max Lowe starting at LWB because we’ve spent £4.5-£5m on a CB/RCB instead of a new LWB, then that would be a pretty stupid use of our budget.

If we’re going to spend money like Forest, then get Coady signed up, but I very much doubt our spending will be even half of what Forest spent last summer.

Exactly this. We will ultimately need another centre back in the squad by the end of the window, but spending £4m seems daft.

He’ll be on big big wages as well. Is he going to be an asset or a burden on us if we find ourselves back in the championship in a year?

Sorry….again I have to query what some of you all are thinking.
It’s nothing to do with the player being a cheap fee…or whether he’s any good or not…we wont be signing Coady because his wages will reflect those of an England International when he signed the deal.
He’s got a year left in that deal…so unless he envisages his next contract plummeting he will at least see out his current deal and see what he can get in 12 months.

Furthermore I doubt very much he will decide the best place for him is a club nailed on to be bottom 3 all season unless there is a huge shift in transfer plans….he wouldn’t be wanting us unless there are some serious arrivals here first to make us look viable to him. He’s only 30, it’s not like he’s approaching the end, he can still get a very perky three year deal somewhere

Sorry….again I have to query what some of you all are thinking.
It’s nothing to do with the player being a cheap fee…or whether he’s any good or not…we wont be signing Coady because his wages will reflect those of an England International when he signed the deal.
He’s got a year left in that deal…so unless he envisages his next contract plummeting he will at least see out his current deal and see what he can get in 12 months.

Furthermore I doubt very much he will decide the best place for him is a club nailed on to be bottom 3 all season unless there is a huge shift in transfer plans….he wouldn’t be wanting us unless there are some serious arrivals here first to make us look viable to him. He’s only 30, it’s not like he’s approaching the end, he can still get a very perky three year deal somewhere
I don't really understand why he'd want to come or how we can afford him. He's an England international with a European tournament next season. Pretty sure he could get a go at somewhere like West Ham , which gives him potential European football.

Why would he sign for a team that will be up against it almost every week and one which is very unfashionable?

Going to be half of what they spent on 1 player (MGW)

Back
Top Bottom