Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pinchy I'll doff my cap when we sign some of these players not when we put bids in that aren't accepted. I'm not saying we won't sign them but as it stands yet again we have spent less this summer than we have received.

We can't make them accept offers though. Surely it's a sign of intent unless we're going with the "all made up for publicity" conspiracy theory?

All speculative I know. We'll see what happens...

Edit: Not asking for a massive doff. Maybe a slight tug...

How can we possibly be entertaining the idea of Conor Coady when only days ago we bought a midfielder of the calibre of John Lundstram ? Are we schizophrenic ?

Coady is an excellent technical player, that has the ability to play any of the central midfield positions. Clough was developing him into a bit of a Lampard type when we lost him (making well timed runs into the box and scoring or assisting). He got caught offside a lot when doing this, but I saw the seeds of a player that could become a regular goal scoring midfielder - if we could only have kept him. Coady originally played for the Liverpool and England youth teams as a holding midfield player, and has captained teams throughout his career. If he could start where he finished off at United, he'd be an excellent signing.

We can't make them accept offers though. Surely it's a sign of intent unless we're going with the "all made up for publicity" conspiracy theory?

Brazen hussy !!! :confused:

Coady is an excellent technical player, that has the ability to play any of the central midfield positions. Clough was developing him into a bit of a Lampard type when we lost him (making well timed runs into the box and scoring or assisting). He got caught offside a lot when doing this, but I saw the seeds of a player that could become a regular goal scoring midfielder - if we could only have kept him. Coady originally played for the Liverpool and England youth teams as a holding midfield player, and has captained teams throughout his career. If he could start where he finished off at United, he'd be an excellent signing.

Really? I thought he was ok, nothing special. He's got to be better than that Lundstram bloke though. I'd rather see us sign a midfielder with some flair, like Oztumer of Walsall.

Wolves are such a massive club in comparison to us, we're not worthy to be gracing the same pitch as them, said no one, EVER. WE had a bigger average attendance last season despite our 6th year in League 1 ffs.

You could well imagine Tufty seeing him fill a gap in our match day squad. A hard man with talent (alternatively a talented, comfortable on the ball player who gets stuck in as wel.

I just can't see how the figures could possibly work out. The fee and wages would smash our structure.
If you have ever looked into Tufty's eyes you would see a bloke who you can be sure will have seriously considered every possibility. ( Oh and I don't confess to know him, just a chance meeting in Barkers Pool)
The bloke has a seriously infectious Aura and seems capable of anything. Self belief I think they call it.

Perhaps that's why the vast improvements we are still witnessing are possible to create in a relatively short period of time?

I doubt he will be giving up on his principles re wage structures. I wouldn't be surprised if he could persuade some players to play for nowt, such is his sheer enthusiasm.

Enjoy the ride peeps, the journey's just getting started.

Not a prayer of it happening though, unfortunately

Still gutted we never signed him when we had the chance
Not so sure mesen Danny. If we were looking at it purely from a money perspective I can understand why it is possible to think " We haven't a Prayer" However, there are arguably more factors to consider and maybe the Chris Wilder factor and all that goes with it has a greater influence.

I cannot imagine the Unity at Wolves is owt like we have, not yet anyway.

We shall see.

Well he managed to win the title with Northampton despite his players not being paid. How can you motivate staff to put in a shift if they know they're not getting paid.
Haha yes I had forgotten that Matt thanks.Can we use words like loyalty and passion.?

Yeah, I can't see him coming, being realistic.

Would love him to, thought he developed fantastically when he was here. And exactly he's the sort of box-to-boxer we're lacking & we need.

But... even then, it's not unproblematic. He's hardly gonna want to be a mere squad player. He'd sort of be top dog. Can we build a team around him? It'd mean changing the style a bit, I'd have thought (with all the disruption that'd involve).

In saying that, you've always got to evolve & progress. And Chris is clearly looking at getting a more dynamic type of midfielder in (Leonard, Coady, whoever). Which sort of ties in with the bit of doubt expressed after the game yesterday along the lines of "are we good enough"? Very interesting to see what happens between now & the end of the month.

As for Wolves being "massive". FFS, who next? Notts County?

They aren't even the biggest club in their area, fucking massive my arse.

Not before you've bought me a drink.

Clearly Wilder r8 wants a proper fuck off central midfielder.

What Wilder r8 wants Wilder gets.

JohnInman.jpg

What's unusual is Wilders apparent willingness to put this in the public domain. Not the normal "we are actively looking at situations with a view to getting bodies through the door of the right calibre / Until the player puts on the Blades shirt ........"

I have to ask myself why might this be ?

UTB

He’s usually quite open about players he’s bid on as long as he’s not the original leak. If the media pick up the story elsewhere and ask him about it, he will generally confirm whether a bid has been made (Leonard, Holmes, Lenihan, Evans, Lundstram etc.).

That's the end of that one it would seem....

DONE!!

right, who's that random Darren on Twitter who claims we made 3 bids Tuesday, who were the other two for?

Back
Top Bottom