Coming Soon - Paddy Kenny 'The gloves are off...'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do find it extremely odd that for an allegation of something people reported as something he was doing all the time, which must be fairly easy to gather evidence on
Not sure how this would pan out based purely on testimony, I was going to say you'd need more than that to get a conviction but then again I know 2 people who have been convicted based only on these things, so what do I know (apart from you can get fitted up without evidence).

Not sure how this would pan out based purely on testimony, I was going to say you'd need more than that to get a conviction but then again I know 2 people who have been convicted based only on these things, so what do I know (apart from you can get fitted up without evidence).
Nobody would ever fit Neil Warnock up – he’s too well liked in the game. The slightest hint of any wrong-doing wouldn’t be seized upon by the authorities or anyone else because they’d all go to bat for him. He’s slippery, wriggles out of any potential danger. Neil Warnock? More like Eel Warnock.

I don’t know about the specific example, but I do find this tends to be a fairly common thing in football autobiographies – seemingly at times neither the person concerned nor the ghost writer will fact-check some of the details. Footballers do tend to misremember some of the details (the One of Our Own podcasts the club does showed that with some of Morgs & Sharp’s retellings), and perhaps someone noting the various interviews that will go on ahead of the write-up will trust that as they’re the primary source they will be correct. This was the same in Warnock’s first book, which Oliver Holt wrote. I don’t know whether this was an error in translating notes to pages, or Warnock for whatever reason got the detail majorly wrong, but there was a line in the section on the Battle of Bramall Lane where Wilko De Vogt was referred to as something like a left back that he was forced to bring on in goal with Tracey’s red card. There were a few more of those where I would read it and just wonder how that sort of thing was left in.
There were a lot of factual inaccuracies in the Tony Kenworthy book, Bladeheart, too. I don't doubt that players will forget or mis-remember details but you'd think someone would check this stuff before it goes into print - it's not that difficult these days.
The recent 'Undr The Cosh' episode with Paddy was a bit embarassing I thought. There were a lot of awkward pauses and they kept having to ask him questions to get anything from him. Most of his answers ended with some reason he ended up on the lash.

There were a lot of factual inaccuracies in the Tony Kenworthy book, Bladeheart, too. I don't doubt that players will forget or mis-remember details but you'd think someone would check this stuff before it goes into print - it's not that difficult these days.
The recent 'Undr The Cosh' episode with Paddy was a bit embarassing I thought. There were a lot of awkward pauses and they kept having to ask him questions to get anything from him. Most of his answers ended with some reason he ended up on the lash.

I got the impression the guy sat at the opposite side of the table to Paddy didn’t take to him for some reason.

I've never read it but Andy Gray's autobiography is meant to be really saucy.

41dzS-pM5UL._SX251_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Favourite Paddy Kenny moment-
Pre season away at Matlock/Worksop/ somewhere where you were basically stood on the pitch to spectate. Young lad with a pack of polos- 'Paddy do you want a polo?'
Paddy turns round and answers- 'no thanks'
The simple things in life

I don't know his name but he's the non-footballer and seems to know nothing about it either.
He’s called Chris Brown, (not the footballer Chris Brown who sat diagonally from him 🤣)

I enjoy Undr the Cosh but mainly because of the guests - Parkin is alright and the footballer Chris Brown is alright but I don’t really like the non footballer Chris brown.

The Glen Little one is very good btw

He’s called Chris Brown, (not the footballer Chris Brown who sat diagonally from him 🤣)

I enjoy Undr the Cosh but mainly because of the guests - Parkin is alright and the footballer Chris Brown is alright but I don’t really like the non footballer Chris brown.

The Glen Little one is very good btw

I like the podcast & think the dynamic of the 3 of them works quite well. - it's very dependant on the guest, Kevin Campbell one was good in my opinion.

I like the podcast. I can see why some people don't though as Parkin is a knob.

I like it for the guests, but Parkin and 'Other Brown' really grind my gears. I've heard "tell us abart christmas do", "I'd have teld em to fuck off" and "fucking hell Browny, you only scored 1 goal in your whole career" more times than is necessary. Little Browny also has that annoying Lancastrian accent and seems to have gleaned hs entire football knowledge in a 30 minute stint on wikipedia, he's a bit of a lickspittle with the guests as well, fanboy-ish at times.

I like it for the guests, but Parkin and 'Other Brown' really grind my gears. I've heard "tell us abart christmas do", "I'd have teld em to fuck off" and "fucking hell Browny, you only scored 1 goal in your whole career" more times than is necessary. Little Browny also has that annoying Lancastrian accent and seems to have gleaned hs entire football knowledge in a 30 minute stint on wikipedia, he's a bit of a lickspittle with the guests as well, fanboy-ish at times.

Parkin and Ricky Gervais are kindred spirits in my mind: the more I am exposed to them, the less l like them (although Parkin’s presence doesn’t stop me enjoying the podcast).

Parkin and Ricky Gervais are kindred spirits in my mind: the more I am exposed to them, the less l like them (although Parkin’s presence doesn’t stop me enjoying the podcast).

Completely off topic, but I used to think the same about Gervais.

Listen to this, it might help and it's a good listen anyway.

I'm a big fan of Gervais and don't put him in the same category as the drooling dingle!

Jon "As long as I get paid, I don't give a fuck if fuckin football club goes under." Parkin

I haven’t got time to watch that at the moment, could you paraphrase the Blackwell bit please?

Quite a few anecdotes that make him out to be a very insecure man. My favourite is Warnock not being at training for a day and Blackwell telling Kenny that he's the boss because Warnock isn't there

Back
Top Bottom