CONFIRMED Ciaran Clark

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
Made available by newcastle....

Few positions.. RCB/RB/DM ✅
International ✅
Upgrade ✅
Experienced ✅
Not costly ✅

If we wanted a versatile player then think he'd be a good fit and we do like an Irish player!

He is a complete liability. Like a gammy sensor light. He switches off all the time but fails to switch on most of the time when there's danger. Would fit in well in Sheffield just not at Bramall Lane

If he's not good enough for Newcastle then he's definitely not good enough for us.

Made available by newcastle....

Few positions.. RCB/RB/DM ✅
International ✅
Upgrade ✅
Experienced ✅
Not costly ✅

If we wanted a versatile player then think he'd be a good fit and we do like an Irish player!
No thanks. Some of our fans won’t be able to spell his name on here and they’ll be putting an ‘e’ on the end of it, like they did with “David Brookes”. It’s just not worth the risk tbh

BTW - did pasta man kop blade suggest this to you?

please god no., having to see him play for my national team is unbearable enough. Certainly not an upgrade.

Take Gayle, knows where back of net is in this league.
You’re right he does, but he’s not played in the league for 4 seasons and scored 5 league goals in the last 3 seasons. I’m not sure I’d take him as he’ll also want a decent contract.

Sharp
Brewster
NDiaye
McBurnie
Jebbison
Osula (probably go out on loan)
Maybe Lawrence

We’ve got plenty of options providing two of them don’t go to prison

Clark would be a great signing for the right wages. Covers both Egan and fights for LCB. If he’s willing to take a pay cut it makes all sorts of sense. So what if he’s 33? He absolutely bossed it last time he was at this level with them.

If his performances for Ireland in 2016 are anything to go by, then no thanks. He was woeful.

Clark would be a great signing for the right wages. Covers both Egan and fights for LCB. If he’s willing to take a pay cut it makes all sorts of sense. So what if he’s 33? He absolutely bossed it last time he was at this level with them.
He's under contract so there will no doubt be a fee involved. We'll then have to give him a contract which you'd imagine will be at least 2 years so we'll have him until he's 35 - as back up, blocking the pathway for younger players, with no resale value and taking a good wage as he's played all bar one season in the Premier League. Also, the last time he was at this level was six seasons ago...

It would be a stupid signing. We need a first choice LCB, not someone as back up or competition who's turning 33.

He's under contract so there will no doubt be a fee involved. We'll then have to give him a contract which you'd imagine will be at least 2 years so we'll have him until he's 35 - as back up, blocking the pathway for younger players, with no resale value and taking a good wage as he's played all bar one season in the Premier League. Also, the last time he was at this level was six seasons ago...

It would be a stupid signing. We need a first choice LCB, not someone as back up or competition who's turning 33.
We don’t have any promising LCB coming through, and if he’s blocking the pathway there’s a reason for that. I’d rather have a battle hardened been there seen it done it player in such an important player next year than a kid

I’m pretty sure he’d start at LCB

We don’t have any promising LCB coming through, and if he’s blocking the pathway there’s a reason for that. I’d rather have a battle hardened been there seen it done it player in such an important player next year than a kid

I’m pretty sure he’d start at LCB
In which case we need to buy one who's not 33 and offers us nothing other than a short term solution.

We shouldn't be signing any players over the age of 30. Ideally, no one older than 28 unless circumstances dictate.

Back
Top Bottom