CONFIRMED Ciaran Clark

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd hazard a guess that he will
Imagine you start with (assuming no great O'Connell surprise for the first game):
Basham Egan Ahmedhodžić

If Basham is injured then Ahmedhodžić moves to the right and Robinson to the left. If Egan is injured then Ahmedhodžić moves across to the middle and Robinson comes in. Your issues start if two are injured. Though as some pointed out in another thread you then get into Baldock playing right centre back. Not sure there are good CB options if both Egan and Ahmedhodžić are out. Baldock Basham Robinson looks a bit makeshift.

Not seen enough of Clarke. Has he been injured much? He's at an age where it isn't unexpected to pick up injuries. No issue with him being left footed though as he can play the Egan role. You'd rather have that than say Basham, Robinson and Norrington-Davies as your three or Basham Robinson and Stevens.

Makes sense to get one more. Not against having a longer look at Andre Wisdom given he can also provide RWB cover with Bogle out for the get go.

Clark would be great I'd think. But then the CB competition would be outrageous

I think if we went for him, he'd be the 1st choice LCB.

We'd have Bash and JLT as cover for the 3 CB positions, youngster as the 3rd backup option should all hell break loose with injuries.
Anel looks like he can play anywhere across the 3.
Clark could play LCB or CCB.

I'd not grumble at this, he's a lower end prem/ top-end championship CB.
He'll not get near the Newcastle squad with how they're going about things, so we could get him relatively cheap and get him on a 2 year contract.

Bash is 34 and we've just given him a two year contract.... (he looked to be declining towards the end of last year, hopefully that was just because of coming back from injury).

Wouldn't have an issue with this. Age is just a number and like people have already said, we've just given Bash another 2 years.

Bournemouth signed Gary Cahill, Forest signed Steve Cook and look where they both ended up

Based on what exactly?
It’s the latest en vogue Edgelord comment and it’s based on nothing aside from looking for the world to end because we’re looking to have a decent window.
We’re still short at centre back, unless it’s been decided that RND is going to play there as his main position, which I doubt and all the kids need a season at League one level to show they’re up to standard and ready to push on.

He could be worth a gamble. Egan played every game last season and we will be lucky if next season is the same. Clark would be decent enough cover and if he plays well enough to become a regular then good on him.

Could see this if it allows us to loan out a couple of the younger players into the league system. Fee / wages dependant obviously

Gordon and lopata could do with a full season of games instead of (injuries permitting) a few cup games.

Find a league 1 side that plays with a 3 at the back and send them there. Clark provides solid cover / experience for a year or so.

Told he’s joining us from a “Birmingham” ITK.

Back
Top Bottom