Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just had a quick peek over on one of the Ajax forums, and there's remarkably little excitement about this. They're basically asking all the same questions: yes, one good season, but what else; what does he add to this team; with some suggesting it might all be a bit of a smokescreen by his agent to get other clubs to bid.

One thing I noticed though is that one of the people casting doubt on whether this is a good move for Ajax goes by the username "Snake":

1692018486410.png

1692018520687.png

Just had a quick peek over on one of the Ajax forums, and there's remarkably little excitement about this. They're basically asking all the same questions: yes, one good season, but what else; what does he add to this team; with some suggesting it might all be a bit of a smokescreen by his agent to get other clubs to bid.

One thing I noticed though is that one of the people casting doubt on whether this is a good move for Ajax goes by the username "Snake":

View attachment 168261

View attachment 168262
It's not Bettissss, he's a one-eyed snake

View attachment 168261

View attachment 168262
Did anyone else imagine the metal gear solid 'alert' noise when they read this 😄

I'm frustrated we missed out on Akpom, not because I think he'll set the Prem on fire if we signed him but he was Heckys priority signing (if what you read is true) so I feel the board should have backed him with that.

Hecky's priority signings also included re-upping Stevens, Sharp, Fleck, Osborn etc so I'm tempted to back the board on this one

Hecky's priority signings also included re-upping Stevens, Sharp, Fleck, Osborn etc so I'm tempted to back the board on this one
It’s a separate debate but the replacements at the moment don’t really look like they’re anywhere near in Traore, Slimane, Laroucci

As Simon Jordan said on the radio this morning, buy quality when you’re in the Premiership so you remain in the league rather than attempting to make profit on young talent because remaining in the league is much more valuable - his reference was relating to the model that Southampton took last season yet still ended up relegated.

It’s a separate debate but the replacements at the moment don’t really look like they’re anywhere near in Traore, Slimane, Laroucci

As Simon Jordan said on the radio this morning, buy quality when you’re in the Premiership so you remain in the league rather than attempting to make profit on young talent because remaining in the league is much more valuable - his reference was relating to the model that Southampton took last season yet still ended up relegated.
Like Leicester and Leeds did then? Good shout Simon.

In fairness to Southampton they’ve made as much from Livramento and Lavia as they would staying in the prem.

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than take onboard any advice from Simon Jordan.

Still waiting on him to reveal to people who his journalist “mate” is that texted him to say Sharp was insighting violence at Forest.

Sky news now reporting the lad is flying to the netherlands as we speak. Initial £10 mill, rising to 15 with add on's.

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than take onboard any advice from Simon Jordan.

Still waiting on him to reveal to people who his journalist “mate” is that texted him to say Sharp was insighting violence at Forest.
Thought his name on here wouldn’t go too well 🤣

Sky news now reporting the lad is flying to the netherlands as we speak. Initial £10 mill, rising to 15 with add on's.
I’m actually gutted about this, was it Glyn Hodges left foot that said it was Bettis who has been in charge of this transfer, ffs why the fuck didn’t we just go for it…. I’m well passed off.

In fairness to Southampton they’ve made as much from Livramento and Lavia as they would staying in the prem.
Can add another 30 million now as they've sold Ward Prowse to West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom