Incoming? Chris Porter?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greasy Chip Butty

Reaction score
Sheffield United are considering a £250,000 move for Motherwell striker Chris Porter. (Star)

Anyone heard or know anything about him?

more links today...

Chris Porter of Motherwell is being linked with the Blades.

The 24-year-old, a regular goalscorer at both Bury and Oldham Athletic, has continued in the same vein since joining Motherwell in the summer of 2007.

"If there are suitors out there, we'll speak to the players as and when that happens," Fir Park boss Mark McGhee told BBC Sport recently.

"He came here trying to get himself a move to the bigger time and money in England. That's what he's here for and we are benefiting from that."

"Yorkshire Post"

Blades 'interested' in Scotland striker

18 November 2008
Reports north of the border are linking Sheffield United with a swoop for Motherwell striker Chris Porter.
Porter, who shone for Oldham moved to Scotland on a free transfer and scored 18 goals in his first season in the SPL.

It's thought United would need to table a bid of around £250,000 to secure Porter's services.

Scored 22 goals for us t'other season, we turned down £800,000 for him in January in the faith that he'd sign a new contract. Him and his agent did one at the end of the season, fled to Scotland meaning we lost out on compensation too. Twat of a person. As a player he'd probably chip in with 10-12 goals a season in The Championship, more if he didn't get caught offside so much.

Just a word of warning to everyone - don't stick his name in Google Images! :eek:

He's a big lad in more ways than one. Would certainly offer us another route to penetrate the oppo defence.

Just a word of warning to everyone - don't stick his name in Google Images! :eek:

I wondered what you were referring to at first, then I scrolled right down to the bottom and clocked the first image on page 14. Thank fuck I was looking at it on my laptop and not the work computer!:eek:

I wondered what you were referring to at first, then I scrolled right down to the bottom and clocked the first image on page 14. Thank fuck I was looking at it on my laptop and not the work computer!:eek:

It was page 7 on mine and I'm at work

Back
Top Bottom