Incoming? Dimitris Giannoulis and Max Aarons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Told myself I’m not buying another shirt until there’s an American blade to throw on the back and boy howdy I hope it’s Sargent. Think he’d work very well up top in the current system

You believe we’d mess around negotiating with Norwich, when in 4 weeks thst contract officially expires?
You believe that we’d be the only club interested? Or that we wouldn’t want him to join the club on the first day possible so that he’s ready for the new season?

We’re not talking to Norwich over a fee. But we have to get their permission to speak with him about a contract post June, whilst ever he is their player, which he is for another 29 days.

You believe that we’d be the only club interested? Or that we wouldn’t want him to join the club on the first day possible so that he’s ready for the new season?

We’re not talking to Norwich over a fee. But we have to get their permission to speak with him about a contract post June, whilst ever he is their player, which he is for another 29 days.
In these circumstances it is most likely that the club have given permission to talk to whoever he wants. We won’t need to talk to Norwich.

In these circumstances it is most likely that the club have given permission to talk to whoever he wants. We won’t need to talk to Norwich.
Maybe they haven’t, which is why we have had to speak to them.

Josh Sargaent is nothing more than a young Matt Done.

If it’s information from The Star, I’m going to go with Todd Cantwell. Got to be.

If Biggs was tweeting it id be thinking he means Cantwell seeing as hes signed for Rangers

Sara would be my choice if we are raiding Narch, he wouldn't come cheap though.

Isn’t it worth taking a step back and considering that it is James Shields of the Star who ‘broke’ this news? A man who hasn’t broke any United news since saying “Covid 19”, would have brought confused looks as that what you were talking about.

The local journalists other than Hemingway haven’t been in the loop whatsoever.

I can't imagine for a single second that we're looking at Aarons. We have two RWBs and we're definitely not going to buy a right footer to play LWB.

Seems very unlikely we'd buy him. Norwich supposedly bought him on a deal worth up to £11m.

Completely agree, unless Norwich need to offload but can't see that either as they still have 2 years parachute cash...

If we are talking to them then I agree it will be for a player still under contract, the likes of Pukki and Byram can talk freely, (you would presume) to other clubs.

Aarons is going into his final year so they may want a fee now instead of letting him run his contract down, same with Giannoulis. Sargent still has 2 years left, Nunez is contracted until 2026 as is Omobambidele.

We aren't going to spunk most of our meagre budget on a Championship player with a long contract so unless we have to speak to Norwich about Pukki or Byram, (I can't see that we would other than to obtain permission to speak to the player and his agent possibly as they are still Norwich players until 30/6) then you have to conclude it would be Aarons or Giannoulis and bearing in mind we are OK at RWB it must be the latter.....if anyone at all bearing in mind it is James Shield who "broke" the story!

maybe we fancy Aarons as long term successor to Baldock and are willing to offer some sort of swap for Bogle?

They get a few quid. Bogle gets to be first choice. Both clubs resolve the issue of having a player who is out of contract in a year. Aarons gets to compete for a PL spot and we have some long term succession planning for Baldock.

Just a thought. Or maybe we just fancy the Greek lad.

There was a decent article covering Giannoulis in The Athletic in December, basically setting out how he's more attacking, but because of the way Norwich set up, he can often leave gaps in defence and so positionally, he leaves them vulnerable. For us this would be a strength, the team are already set up to cover when the LCB pushes forwards to make an attacking contribution. The stand out paragraph for me please this.

"Giannoulis’ carrying of the ball automatically provides an extra attacker in forward moves. The risk is that if the ball is lost, it leaves gaps behind him that need covering, usually by a midfielder"

maybe we fancy Aarons as long term successor to Baldock and are willing to offer some sort of swap for Bogle?

They get a few quid. Bogle gets to be first choice. Both clubs resolve the issue of having a player who is out of contract in a year. Aarons gets to compete for a PL spot and we have some long term succession planning for Baldock.

Just a thought. Or maybe we just fancy the Greek lad.
Id rather have bogle than aarons. Yes bogle has been poor the latter part of the season but people forget he was out for 12 months and thrust straight back in. On form bogle is superior imo

Id rather have bogle than aarons. Yes bogle has been poor the latter part of the season but people forget he was out for 12 months and thrust straight back in. On form bogle is superior imo
You look at how high they are rated and Aarons is always above Bogle.

You can critique the Transfermarkt guys, but they are impartial. They have him with a lot more value the Bogle.

True that he's been out but who says he'll be as good? We could say the same about O'Connell.

Apart from a bit of a spell in the PL where he scored a couple and when he scored against Brum or was it Reading with the quick feet before injury, we've just had this season of him not really contributing. There is more evidence of him being inconsistent right now.

I hope he can have a gold patch of form but he has a year left I think so he owes more good than bad, plus, is he going to extend so we can see this promise fulfilled?

We better not throw away Bogle for free

I think he's superior to Aarons, it's just a case of whether he can get back to his best level

If he can, he'll start up to half the games next season

Back
Top Bottom