Incoming? Dimitris Giannoulis and Max Aarons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My guess would be we're after Sargent. He's fast, young, works hard and has had a reasonable season for them. I could see him doing well away from home with the ball over the top. But then I would say that Pukki could well be signed for that role and Sargent won't come less than £10m I wouldn't have thought.

Milot Rashica who’s been out on loan in Turkey and will definitely be leaving Norwich this summer could be someone we’re looking at.

Another indication we're willing to go with a right footer at LCB

Another indication we're willing to go with a right footer at LCB

Doubt it. If we're signing Omobamidele I think he'll be Ahmedhodzic's back up at RCB. And if Egan's out (or we decide we want a quicker back three), we'll move AA inside.

LCB will surely be dealt with in other ways.

He’s right footed.

Unless he has a decent left peg too then it’s strange as we need a starting LCB really in my opinion as CB and RCB are hardly our weakest positions on a tight budget. Baldock, Ahmedhodzic and Egan would be some of the last players I would want to swap if money is tight.

He does fit the young and athletic bracket though - he’s 6ft 3 too so will aid our already decent heading in both boxes.

Who knows could split the season on the left side with Robinson and surprise everyone.

The interest in Coady has got to mean we only want one of the two of them because 2 right footed centre halves in our current situation would be a waste

Doubt it. If we're signing Omobamidele I think he'll be Ahmedhodzic's back up at RCB. And if Egan's out (or we decide we want a quicker back three), we'll move AA inside.

LCB will surely be dealt with in other ways.
Doubt we'd spend what he'd cost on someone who might not start

Talking to a couple of Norwich fans, they think they are in for Norwood. Have I missed this, could be a player swap deal?

My guess is nowt happening there. No cash and wrong position. We need fast midfielders and fast forwards in this league. We need a fast striker 2 would be good on loans/frees, down to Mitch to pull one out of the bag.

That would make sense to swap Norwood for both parties as I cannot see him being first choice this coming season when he could not make the team towards the end of last season. Doyle would be a wonderful replacement as we need energy and the ability to move the ball forward quickly.

That would make sense to swap Norwood for both parties as I cannot see him being first choice this coming season when he could not make the team towards the end of last season. Doyle would be a wonderful replacement as we need energy and the ability to move the ball forward quickly.

It would not make sense at all.

Norwood was brilliant (as usual) and making peoples championship team of the season - for 3/4 of last season and had a poor patch when the rest of the side did too. He’s always fit and available and playing at a good level.

We NEED a squad. If we let Norwood go our contracted senior midfielders would be Berge and ….

Harsh activating his 12month extension only to swap him 😅

I wonder how highly Championship sides rate Norwood? He's a promotion machine, I reckon he will be high on a lot of clubs lists.
I wouldn't be surprised if we've asked him to stay but some offers are better elsewhere.

i dont think it makes any difference if hes got a 12 month extension all that means is if anybody wants norwood we get a fee for him i think its possible we might swap norwood plus cash for seargent thats my guess

Harsh activating his 12month extension only to swap him 😅

I wonder how highly Championship sides rate Norwood? He's a promotion machine, I reckon he will be high on a lot of clubs lists.
I wouldn't be surprised if we've asked him to stay but some offers are better elsewhere.
Harsh? How?

It ensures he still holds value.

What would he cost? Was his spells out of the team last season due to injury, or loss of form?

View attachment 161809
View attachment 161811

For comparison:

View attachment 161810

View attachment 161812
They wanted 20 million for him in January but you’d assume the price has dropped now in the summer given they’re actively looking to sell him to fund a rebuild and it’ll disrupt them less in the summer. I can only see us getting him if they really need the money and we can get him for less than half what they wanted in January.

Harsh? How?

It ensures he still holds value.
I'm sure he'd want some reassurances before he stayed.
I dont know how 'triggering extensions' work, but I doubt he'd sign one just so we could make some money off the team he was moving to.

I dont know how 'triggering extensions' work, but I doubt he'd sign one just so we could make some money off the team he was moving to.
It's normally the club who have the option for an extension written in the contract rather than the player. I can't see us shipping him anyway when we are really light in midfield. I could be wrong on that - I usually am!

Why is everyone missing Dimitris Giannoulis? He's a LCB who can attack, exactly what we're looking for, has one year left on his contract and doesn't suit Norwich's style of play. He's the most obvious player who we might have approached Norwich about.

He would if his extension triggered a bonus or such like...

Why is everyone missing Dimitris Giannoulis? He's a LCB who can attack, exactly what we're looking for, has one year left on his contract and doesn't suit Norwich's style of play. He's the most obvious player who we might have approached Norwich about.
He can run with the ball, defensively you might as well not play a left back - which would leave us wide open against teams already streets ahead of us.

Plus the fact he’s a diving, cheating, whinging bas**** unless it’s all for show Hecky wouldnt even consider him.

He’s everything we are not in a bad way.

Back
Top Bottom