Outgoing? Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For anyone wathcing the tottenham saints game he looks really impressive today.
We are crying out for a player like him.
Strong on the ball with good technical ability pace and power. His link up play has really matured

saints playing some nice stuff, could be a surprise package this season and finish top 10.

Yep. If you were to trawl back through this thread you'd see I've been against the grain a bit in championing us signing him. I couldn't believe that he went for just £13m last Summer... well below market value for a young forward coming out of the Championship having knocked in c. 25 goals.

He can play up top on his own, or in a pair. Very versatile attacking player. He can finish. Hold up. He's fast, he's strong. He doesn't get many injuries. Everything we were crying out for.

Most people said I was talking cod when he hadn't notched by January. Southampton were willing to sell him to Leeds for £16m. Again, I thought he'd have been great business for us. The window passed and now he's starting to come good. I think he'll score 10+ for them this season, more than any of our guys.

Adams and DCL up top, could’ve been possible if we had a bit of money back in the day.
£1.6 mill for DCL, they had our pants down. It does make you wonder how we would be if we kept a few of these assets. Weve done the right thing to sell them to improve the first teams hence being in the prem but i would loved it if we kept DCL, Che, Brooks and we might of been better of doing it.

Watching the Bruges game. Dennis not playing... A man can dream. Diatta looks shit hot btw.
Ive not seen any of dennis, does he match the hype or were ‘those goals’ against real madrid a bit of a fluke?

Strong on the ball with good technical ability pace and power. His link up play has really matured

saints playing some nice stuff, could be a surprise package this season and finish top 10.
Think this is why we are all holding our breath on Brewster. Similar to Adams (who we took a punt on) strong on the ball and an explosive finisher as seen in the two he put past Hendo last season.

A bit off topic but i love the look djenepo as well. Quality player.

£1.6 mill for DCL, they had our pants down. It does make you wonder how we would be if we kept a few of these assets. Weve done the right thing to sell them to improve the first teams hence being in the prem but i would loved it if we kept DCL, Che, Brooks and we might of been better of doing it.
All conjecture of course but I’m sure we’re all happy with the current situation. We brought a few good players in for the relative small fees that we got for both of them plus Ramsdale, we weren’t in a position to turn any offers down, it was all a bit depressing at the time but we’ve come out the other side better off all in all.

Ive not seen any of dennis, does he match the hype or were ‘those goals’ against real madrid a bit of a fluke?
From what I've seen he looks powerful, has flair and isn't afraid to shoot from any position inside and outside the box. Would rather him than Brewster personally. Also think he's more likely than Brewster if we set our minds to it.

From what I've seen he looks powerful, has flair and isn't afraid to shoot from any position inside and outside the box. Would rather him than Brewster personally. Also think he's more likely than Brewster if we set our minds to it.
Just for my senior brain, should this go in the Dennis thread.

This aged well..

Yep. If you were to trawl back through this thread you'd see I've been against the grain a bit in championing us signing him. I couldn't believe that he went for just £13m last Summer... well below market value for a young forward coming out of the Championship having knocked in c. 25 goals.

He can play up top on his own, or in a pair. Very versatile attacking player. He can finish. Hold up. He's fast, he's strong. He doesn't get many injuries. Everything we were crying out for.

Most people said I was talking cod when he hadn't notched by January. Southampton were willing to sell him to Leeds for £16m. Again, I thought he'd have been great business for us. The window passed and now he's starting to come good. I think he'll score 10+ for them this season, more than any of our guys.

Our players won't score 10+ for Southampton? That'll make those two games easier...

I myself think we missed an opportunity last summer to buy Danny ings he went to Southampton from Liverpool for 20 million ish what a bargain

Hindsight is of course 20/20.

I can imagine the reaction if Utd blew £20m and £75k/week on someone that was out for 9 months with a ruptured ACL and was yet to prove their fitness

Well actually he proved on loan at Southampton and I would of been keen for us to sign him , but there again it’s not my money . Having said that if I was in their position I would of taken the gamble.

Can I be the first to say jug eared cunt. Even though I could see it happening plus we always need a player everyone hates so fuck it why not but only if he does a signing video with a birthday cake.

Last edited:
Have you just randomly blurted this one out?!

Got a text of a lad who works at swillsboro...

Says he needs a loan to stay in Scotland squad, might be bollocks so I'm testing the water if any body knows owt, hence the question marks..

Got a text of a lad who works at swillsboro...

Says he needs a loan to stay in Scotland squad, might be bollocks so I'm testing the water if any body knows owt, hence the question marks..

Can’t see why playing for Southampton would be an issue, half the Scotland squad play in the Championship

I'm not sure he's bright enough to play in our system.

Can't see it. If he wants to catch the Scottish selectors eye, better to be scoring 25 goals in a top championship team than scraping a few with a struggling Premier League one.

Bad attitude! If potential 'bad eggs' are being considered, Maupay on loan would probably be a better fit to Utd's system.

Don’t imagine he’d be keen to return, don’t imagine we’d be keen to have him.

Can’t see this one (and not too bothered about it).

Back
Top Bottom