Outgoing? Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Birmingham City's 22-year-old England striker Che Adams has said goodbye to his team-mates before a £16m move to Southampton

Wonder if he still thinks Birmingham are such a massive club compared to us little old Blades... now that hes leaving them....i guess not.

Ooo Wonga! Is that around £2.8m for our cash pot then?

12:16

SAINTS SIGN ADAMS
Southampton
have completed the signing of striker Che Adams from Birmingham City on a five-year deal.
Talks had progressed well since a Saints bid was turned down in late May and the clubs have now agreed a deal which Sky Sports News understands to be in the region of £15m.
Sheffield United are understood to be in line for around £3m as part of the 20 per cent sell-on clause they negotiated when Adams moved to Birmingham in 2016.

#SaintsFC is delighted to announce the signing of @CheAdams_ from @BCFC on a five-year deal: https://t.co/972WOm4DD5
— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) 1 July 2019

Great signing for them, that. He's ready. I can't help but think Leicester have missed a really trick there though, he'd be their ideal fit, young Brit with a good resale value, attacking, ideal long-term replacement for Vardy and a Leicester lad.

I too don't know why the likes of Leicester and Everton have allowed Southampton to get him for relative peanuts.

He has the raw athleticism and will keep getting better.

So considering the lad wanted out of the Lane, United desperately needed the cash to bring in other players, which in turn has allowed us to get promoted twice and get back into the PL....

To get nearly £5m all in for the lad, isnt such a bad deal after all, as CW had the fore thought to get the 20% future sale clause. In fact, its a fkin brilliant deal for us considering wherr we were and what we had to bargain with...i.e. we were fkin skint.

Anyone who questions CW business acumen should remember this. He got us a tremendous deal.

So considering the lad wanted out of the Lane, United desperately needed the cash to bring in other players, which in turn has allowed us to get promoted twice and get back into the PL....

To get nearly £5m all in for the lad, isnt such a bad deal after all, as CW had the fore thought to get the 20% future sale clause. In fact, its a fkin brilliant deal for us considering wherr we were and what we had to bargain with...i.e. we were fkin skint.

Anyone who questions CW business acumen should remember this. He got us a tremendous deal.

Would it have been Wilder’s idea to put a sell on clause into the deal? I don’t reckon he has anything to do with the negotiations of such details

Would it have been Wilder’s idea to put a sell on clause into the deal? I don’t reckon he has anything to do with the negotiations of such details
Wilder picks the biscuits that the cleaners have and the wall paper used in the boardrooms. He is all controlling. He’s a proper manager, of course he was involved.

Wilder picks the biscuits that the cleaners have and the wall paper used in the boardrooms. He is all controlling. He’s a proper manager, of course he was involved.

The ‘proper managers’ aren’t involved though. In the old days they might have been but that’s not how it works these days. I’m not trying to take anything away from Wilder, just pointing out that he shouldn’t get the credit for the work of others.

At the risk of bringing up old arguments, I guess Cloughy on balance made us money and lots of it 😉

It’s an example of why we will struggle to compete. We’re probably offering maximum of 3 year deals with a relegation reduction clause in there too. Whereas Southampton, can probably say “here’s £50k a week for 5 years”

It’d have cost us £12m for Che, a steal really, but taking wages into account (and possibly previous history with the club) was never likely and to be fair never rumoured.

It’s an example of why we will struggle to compete. We’re probably offering maximum of 3 year deals with a relegation reduction clause in there too. Whereas Southampton, can probably say “here’s £50k a week for 5 years”

It’d have cost us £12m for Che, a steal really, but taking wages into account (and possibly previous history with the club) was never likely and to be fair never rumoured.

Perhaps Wilder thinks he can get better value!

I think Che Adams was the best realistic signing we could have made this transfer window. Disappointed we never went in for him considering we would have got 20% off the asking price! I feel like he could have been our fast, strong player up front who can create his own chances, we will need someone like that if we're going to stay up...and I see no more obvious targets in our gasp.

For anyone wathcing the tottenham saints game he looks really impressive today.
We are crying out for a player like him.
Strong on the ball with good technical ability pace and power. His link up play has really matured

saints playing some nice stuff, could be a surprise package this season and finish top 10.

Adams and DCL up top, could’ve been possible if we had a bit of money back in the day.

Strong on the ball with good technical ability pace and power. His link up play has really matured

saints playing some nice stuff, could be a surprise package this season and finish top 10.
Watching the Bruges game. Dennis not playing... A man can dream. Diatta looks shit hot btw.

Models himself on Dids.

Back
Top Bottom