2022/2023 Match Thread Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 12th November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CARD
CARD
CARD

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1667852604675.png vs. 1667852613011.png

Championship Week 22 - Saturday 12th November 2022 - 15:00 - Cardiff City Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/cardiff-city-vs-sheffield-united.625/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Peter Wright

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667852719330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

A first choice starting eleven would include Anel, Lowe, Berge, Doyle and Mcburnie. Arguably you could also include Clark and Bogle. Others also out include Brewster and Fleck......not surprising that it looks a weak team. Probably wise not to start McAtee against a tough workman-like side such as Cardiff (especially away). Khadra probably hasn't shown enough in training to justify a spot. A point would be good all things considered.

It sounds wrong to say it, but starting Billy will not end well for us. He isn't our future, or even our present, other than as an option from the bench. I am appreciative of all he has done for our club, but time waits for no one, especially in football.
Sadly not a lot of alternatives at present !

One slight problem with that prediction is that we'll still have Heckingbottom as manager, who's only answer in a game that's not going our way is to bring Billy on.
Which of our many available strikers would you bring on ?

My improved line up

Tea Lady

Bird from the shop - Kit man - Right sided Ball boy (played on the left obviously)

Mousett - Half time oranges - A flat cap - Programme seller - bird from the ticket office

Defensive left footed ball boy - Billy Sharps old Kop flag

Laughable situation yet again.

I was of the opinion that the timing of the WC was really in our favour but I'm now thinking come January, we'll be back to square one.

Really looking forward to seeing arblaster out there. Lad looks promising. I’m not expecting him to tear it up but he has shown glimpses of quality in the small amount of appearances hes made.

No where near our best 11 so i can be more lenient on any hoofball this week.

Solid 2-0 win for the mighty Blades this afternoon. Top of the league tonight.
humble-pie.jpg

I will defo eat two slices of the above if you are correct.

But i think it will be the Blades wimpering into the WC break,we have two defenders (Bash and C3PO) playing who like giving goals away or chances on a plate,and only one attacker who is realistically going to score.

Reactions: Dkc

A first choice starting eleven would include Anel, Lowe, Berge, Doyle and Mcburnie. Arguably you could also include Clark and Bogle. Others also out include Brewster and Fleck......not surprising that it looks a weak team. Probably wise not to start McAtee against a tough workman-like side such as Cardiff (especially away). Khadra probably hasn't shown enough in training to justify a spot. A point would be good all things considered.
I agree mate we are down to the bare bones .We need the WC break just hope our players come back from the WC with no more injuries .

What kind of message does that send to the youngsters when we name 2 keepers on the bench shocking and embarrassing waste of a place on the bench
It sends the message that those who aren't on the bench aren't ready for 1st team football yet.

Why bring them to Cardiff if they're never going to get on?

Really pleased for Arblaster that he gets a start, but crikey they haven't helped him with the rest of the team. He is going to have his work cut out because I can see holes opening up everywhere.

My positivity is leaking away the last few games with how we are continuing to lose players through injuries, it seems we just shrug our shoulders instead of investigating why it continues to happen. There are uncomfortable feelings that Hecky's position is being questioned by fans & he is proving to be as stubborn as Wilder when it comes to picking formations & certain players.

I really hope I am wrong, & I am not pointing fingers yet, but we just cannot continue in this way.

So, do we want to drop Ndiaye for Khadra or are we playing two in midfield and getting overrun before we start? Or are we laughably saying Ndiaye and Khadra upfront?

Bash for Anel and Sharp for McBurnie are obvious choices. Punt with Arblaster but it's more of a punt expecting Norwood and Osborn to control midfield.

Back
Top Bottom