2022/2023 Match Thread Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 12th November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CARD
CARD
CARD

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1667852604675.png vs. 1667852613011.png

Championship Week 22 - Saturday 12th November 2022 - 15:00 - Cardiff City Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/cardiff-city-vs-sheffield-united.625/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Peter Wright

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667852719330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

If we play anything like Tuesday we won’t score until Xmas.

Be another 1-0 or 0-0 today, get this over with and wrap everyone in cotton wool for 4 weeks, saying that our lot could sit on settee and still manage to tear a hamstring.

If we play anything like Tuesday we won’t score until Xmas.

Be another 1-0 or 0-0 today, get this over with and wrap everyone in cotton wool for 4 weeks, saying that our lot could sit on settee and still manage to tear a hamstring.
The contrast in our performances lately is infuriating. Honestly going in to this I just... no idea, simple as that.

It feels like we could either be walking away with 3 points and an amazing performance or 0/1 point with a half arsed uninspiring one. Literally could be either right now

Our form has picked up since Fleck has come back in. Match was barely underway when he went off the other night.

Maybe coincidence or maybe he's doing a fair bit off the ball which helps others?

(Trying to keep away from the unseen stuff of Dean Hammond fame!)

If it doesn't and the next one does, all refunded and I still make kick off, so win-win?
Might be the only version of “win” that we see today….

Still, in the country for my usual November visit - was lucky enough to see Burnley demolition, unlucky enough to witness Rovrum (before sprinting to station for the “Last Train to London” - worth the long trip up north for the evening? - hmmm..) - and now my first away game of the season.

And talking of train fares…..

UTMB ⚔️

Our form has picked up since Fleck has come back in. Match was barely underway when he went off the other night.

Maybe coincidence or maybe he's doing a fair bit off the ball which helps others?

(Trying to keep away from the unseen stuff of Dean Hammond fame!)
I think you're right and wrong

I don't think it's Fleck making the difference it's the fact we could play 3CMs. Players who have at least some defensive qualifies.

Even if we lose, we'll almost definitely be third going into the WC, and definitely second if we win. So even with a bad result today, we'll have a lot to be proud of and in a really good position for in the second half of the season.

Even if we lose, we'll almost definitely be third going into the WC, and definitely second if we win. So even with a bad result today, we'll have a lot to be proud of and in a really good position for in the second half of the season.
Hopefully we’ll have several players back fit and can kick on after the break, with a fully fit squad I can see us going on a proper run

I think you're right and wrong

I don't think it's Fleck making the difference it's the fact we could play 3CMs. Players who have at least some defensive qualifies.
He's not set the world alight I agree. We have looked a bit better defensively though.

I had a good feeling before Burnley. I have a similar one today.

I can imagine N'Diaye could sign off on a high after the boost of yesterday's inclusion and McBurnie is hated by their fans which will just serve to motivate him further.

I'm sure I read somewhere they are not great at defending set pieces which should play into our hands with a fair few good at getting on the end of corners. Could be another Burnley bombardment if so. I believe Between the Lines, Jake Staniland observed:

"Considering that Cardiff has one of the worst aerial win percentages in the league, set pieces could work well for the Blades this weekend."

Fingers crossed. One more big push. Into the breach dear friends. For England and St George! Etc etc 😉

Hopefully we’ll have several players back fit and can kick on after the break, with a fully fit squad I can see us going on a proper run
One slight problem with that prediction is that we'll still have Heckingbottom as manager, who's only answer in a game that's not going our way is to bring Billy on.

One slight problem with that prediction is that we'll still have Heckingbottom as manager, who's only answer in a game that's not going our way is to bring Billy on.
Billy been wrote off at the start of last 3 seasons he came good.in those seasons well worth a start again from me if nobody else available

Lump on! Win for us...,

What a horrific line up that is

We sign the most sought after attacking players in the league khadra & macatee

Then we don’t bother playing them

What a horrific line up that is

We sign the most sought after attacking players in the league khadra & macatee

Then we don’t bother playing them
Pep sends McAfee down here and sees us starting arblaster over him, not a good look esp after Tues

Assuming that those not in the squad are unavailable, it looks like the best lineup possible to me. Possibly drop sharp for either Mcatee or Khadra.

Last edited:
It sounds wrong to say it, but starting Billy will not end well for us. He isn't our future, or even our present, other than as an option from the bench. I am appreciative of all he has done for our club, but time waits for no one, especially in football.
Apparently he is our present 😉

06DF5914-EDBD-485B-BCFB-79DB93479613.jpeg

Hat-trick hero?!?

great another game for reserves. but win for all our never ending injuries issues Jekyll & hyde form we will be 2nd going into Christmas period & i believe everyone would snap your hand off for that

Back
Top Bottom