Match Thread Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 12th November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CARD
CARD
CARD

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1667852604675.png vs. 1667852613011.png

Championship Week 22 - Saturday 12th November 2022 - 15:00 - Cardiff City Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/cardiff-city-vs-sheffield-united.625/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Peter Wright

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667852719330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Filled the car up on the way back to sunny Glossop from the Lane tonight, so I didn’t have to make a considered decision later in the week.

Don’t think about the £150 in fuel for the return trip. Don't think about all the things you could do on Saturday instead. Don’t think about the last result. Don’t think about the injuries and who the fuck is gonna play in midfield now Janette Krankie has bollocksed a calf. Don’t think about losing to Rovrum (is it even a real place?!) and then potentially losing to the Welsh (is it even a real country?!) a few days later.

Just get in the car and go, cappy. Just go.

Away Days! UTB 🔴⚪

I can't put into words how much we are definitely going to lose this match
Time for PH to earn his corn for this one. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Billy got a brace against Cardiff. He’s the only squad player who had had any rest! ;)

I can't put into words how much we are definitely going to lose this match

Hull managed to beat them in Wales last night which means absolutely nothing in the bonkers Championship this season however! 😄

Referee is Matt Donohue,he did our win at Hull earlier in the season.

Last season he sent MGW off at BDTBL.

1668030227571.png

Have we got 11 men ? It might be time for the kids? Is a young, fit Arblaster going to offer more than one of the older midfielders who is struggling ? Should Brooks be given more minutes?

I don't know the answer but what i do know Is a repeat of the midweek performance will end in the same result.

Best bet is to play 10 behind the ball with Khadra upfront on his own chasing the hoofs.Keep Cardiff on their toes.Hopefully it wont put a big dent on the goals against column.

A repeat of this please ;)

3 December 1977

Cardiff City 1 Sheffield United 6

Cardiff City Irwin; Attley, Thomas, Went, Pethard; Giles, Campbell, Dwyer, Buchanan (1); Robson, Sayer sub. Bishop

Sheffield United Brown; Cutbush, Colquhoun, Flynn, Calvert (1); Woodward (1), Kenworthy (1), Hamson, Hamilton (1); Campbell (2), Stainrod

HT 0-3

Att. 6,409

Best bet is to play 10 behind the ball with Khadra upfront on his own chasing the hoofs.Keep Cardiff on their toes.Hopefully it wont put a big dent on the goals against column.
I'd happily go with Khadra and N'Diaye as number 9.

Let's assume Doyle is fit, McBurnie and Fleck are not.

Doyle in a bit more of a Berge role on the right.

Wes
Ahmedhodžić Egan Robinson
Baldock Norwood Osborn Stevens
Doyle N'Diaye Khadra

Still missing a few top like stars but very mobile forward line with pace and trickery.

Subs - Davies, Basham, Clark, Arblaster, Brooks, McAtee, Sharp

Looks like McBurnie could be fit.

He'd love to play pantomime villain this weekend I'm sure!

3 December 1977

Cardiff City Irwin; Attley, Thomas, Went, Pethard; Giles, Campbell, Dwyer, Buchanan (1); Robson, Sayer sub. Bishop

Sheffield United Brown; Cutbush, Colquhoun, Flynn, Calvert (1); Woodward (1), Kenworthy (1), Hamson, Hamilton (1); Campbell (2), Stainrod

HT 0-3

Att. 6,409

I remember that game
The locals werent very happy on the way back to the station

3 December 1977

HT 0-3

Att. 6,409
1668102211132.png

…………………………Wes

……….…..Bash………Egan……Clarke

Baldock……………………………………………Stevens

………….Osborn…..Norwood…..Arblaster

………………..Sharp…………..Ndiaye

Thats about the best we have available and hope and pray Cardiff are shit.

Time for PH to earn his corn for this one. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Billy got a brace against Cardiff. He’s the only squad player who had had any rest! ;)
It sounds wrong to say it, but starting Billy will not end well for us. He isn't our future, or even our present, other than as an option from the bench. I am appreciative of all he has done for our club, but time waits for no one, especially in football.

That's actually quite insightful; though it may take the form of a super-sub's purple patch. Let's hope your right, though as a squad PH needs to move beyond hoping in Billy.

UTB

Anyone know if it's on SUTV Live?

I can't see any information about it being available for viewing on the website.

Another one of those football RR coming up.

Blades beat Hull......Hull beat Cardiff..............Cardiff ???? Blades

Back
Top Bottom