CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I‘d have thought United fans are entitled to know… if we go down does he definitely get sold back to Villa?

£20m buyback option if we get relegated and £40m if we stay up I have read (may be BS though)

Lets say we survive.
That means the relegation clause is done with.

But the larger buy-back clause. Is that just for the duration of the contract? So they have to activate within 4 years?

Lets say we survive.
That means the relegation clause is done with.

But the larger buy-back clause. Is that just for the duration of the contract? So they have to activate within 4 years?
Probably time stipulated, so could expire after, say, summer 2025. Guess we'll never know without seeing the contract.

Anyone explain what the terms of the deal are?

My mate who knows fuck all and gets all his "info" from twitter and Facebook, says its not a 4 year deal. It's a buy back.

Even though the United website says 4 year deal. He knows best though.

No bugger knows, but plenty will make stuff up to suit their argument.

If he hasn't scored after two games, you will find it is '£25m wasted' and they will blame PH, Prince, Wilder and McCabe.

If he turns out to be decent, there will be loads moaning about the buyback and why we 'give our players away'.

It's the S24SU way.....

Yeah so as I said surely we are allowed to know. Like, officially. Not Chinese whispers.

Think Archer would have to be scoring 20 plus goals for Villa to think of triggering at 40 tbh
When we (Villa) bought Douglas Luiz from City they had a buy back clause. We paid 15m, and the buy back was 25m but it expired after 2 years. Based on that, I would say Archer's buy back is closer to 32m/33m and would expire at the end of the 24/25 season.

When we (Villa) bought Douglas Luiz from City they had a buy back clause. We paid 15m, and the buy back was 25m but it expired after 2 years. Based on that, I would say Archer's buy back is closer to 32m/33m and would expire at the end of the 24/25 season.
Even at that price I think Archer would need to be scoring 20 plus over a few seasons in prem to justify bringing him back, based of course on the current guys you have not kicking on or you selling of course

I don't know the player, but the money sounds kinda big for us. I understood that he has done something to show he is a Prem ready player, which sounds good tho. Leading striker is something that we might need as it makes Thaore and Osula play better.

I don't know the player, but the money sounds kinda big for us. I understood that he has done something to show he is a Prem ready player, which sounds good tho. Leading striker is something that we might need as it makes Thaore and Osula play better.
He played up front with Akpom in Middlesboro's very impressive 3-1 win over us at the Lane last season.

To be honest both Archer and Akpom were different class that night, both looked comfortably too good for the Championship.
....the best striking pair we'd seen here all season. Akpom scored their 1st goal and Archer scored their 2nd and 3rd goal.

Archer played more up front whereas Akpom would regularly drop deeper into midfielder to link up play....then make his forward runs.
Our new signing was small and quick, strong on the ball with a powerful shot.....similar style to Jemaine Defoe
....so a totally different type of player to McBurnie and miles better than Traore and Osula.

Last edited:
He played up front with Akpom in Middlesboro's very impressive 3-1 win over us at the Lane last season.

To be honest both Archer and Akpom were different class that night, both looked comfortably too good for the Championship.
....the best striking pair we'd seen here all season. Akpom scored their 1st goal and Archer scored their 2nd and 3rd goal.

Archer played more up front whereas Akpom would regularly drop deeper into midfielder to link up play....then make his forward runs.
Our new signing was small and quick, strong on the ball with a powerful shot.....similar style to Jemaine Defoe
....so a totally different type of player to McBurnie and miles better than Traore and Osula.
There’s no doubt he is talented, but we shouldn’t expect him to be scoring 15+ goals in the PL whilst he adapts. He is not an experienced PL striker.
Give him chance and then perhaps he will blow my prophecy out of the water !
Please don’t pour criticism on him if he fails to score in the first few games.

Wasted far more £ notes on Brewster's showing so far.

I generally love tg and behind gg and scenes videos but this was purely fucking dull.

Him doing stretches then being filmed driving his car. Was it Slimane at the end? If so I assume we have swish apartments available for new players up use/rent?

Have these clauses actually been confirmed by both clubs?

If so, can someone explain them as simple as possible. (The buy backs)

Have these clauses actually been confirmed by both clubs?

If so, can someone explain them as simple as possible. (The buy backs)

Common sense really.

Most players with talent are uncomfortable joining us due to us being one of the favourites for relegation.
They want salary protection which we don't offer, so regards wages they are focussed on the terms of the relegation clause.
Also the bottom line is Archer has served his time in the Championship and doesn't want to play there again.

United are trying to learn from mistakes, we don't want another Brewster situation
or a repeat of last season where we're struggling to stay with FFP, risking points deductions.

So we if we're relegated, we lose him, he returns back to Villa, so in effect it was like a loan
but everyone is happy. Villa are pleased to have him back, United have protected ourselves financially and the player remains in the Premier League.

If we stay up....then he stays at United but Villa are worried he might be the next Michael Owen.
So if he ends up being brilliant in the PL (which is unlikely) then Villa have an option to buy his back, rumoured to be for £40 million.
So we lose a top striker but will have stayed up, made a quick decent profit on the Archer deal and have substantial funds to find a replacement striker.

Common sense really.

Most players with talent are uncomfortable joining us due to us being one of the favourites for relegation.
They want salary protection which we don't offer, so regards wages they are focussed on the terms of the relegation clause.
Also the bottom line is Archer has served his time in the Championship and doesn't want to play there again.

United are trying to learn from mistakes, we don't want another Brewster situation
or a repeat of last season where we're struggling to stay with FFP, risking points deductions.

So we if we're relegated, we lose him, he returns back to Villa, so in effect it was like a loan
but everyone is happy. Villa are pleased to have him back, United have protected ourselves financially and the player remains in the Premier League.

If we stay up....then he stays at United but Villa are worried he might be the next Michael Owen.
So if he ends up being brilliant in the PL (which is unlikely) then Villa have an option to buy his back, rumoured to be for £40 million.
So we lose a top striker but will have stayed up, made a quick decent profit on the Archer deal and have substantial funds to find a replacement striker.
So if we get relegated Villa have to take him back for a similar fee? And if we stay up villa don't have to buy him but if they do, it's a bigger decent fee?

Back
Top Bottom