CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His shots to goal ratio is good for us. His overall work isn't great, but give him chances and he will be crucial for us. A great goal today.

Would love to know how many proper chances Archer has had to score.. can't think of many apart from the 3 scored?

I think this is why we targeted him. On his day he is clinical, in a Defoe style type of striker but without the dribbling assets as such.

xG is only 0.52, so scoring two from that indicates he's done pretty well from limited amounts of good chances

I've liked what I've seen, in our rigid system - particularly without McBurnie - we ask too much of him. If Kieffer Moore, or similar, is available we should make a move in January.
We need someone holding things up for him to feed off.

It's a bit of a shame the deal is structured how it is. Archer is guaranteed goals at Championship level and you'd be confident of a push with him up there. Without him and McBurnie, and without any money to replace them, it's hard to see where the goals will come from.

Archer, Mcburnie, Hamer and McAtee ;) will detroy the Championship next season.

I've liked what I've seen, in our rigid system - particularly without McBurnie - we ask too much of him. If Kieffer Moore, or similar, is available we should make a move in January.
We need someone holding things up for him to feed off.

It's a bit of a shame the deal is structured how it is. Archer is guaranteed goals at Championship level and you'd be confident of a push with him up there. Without him and McBurnie, and without any money to replace them, it's hard to see where the goals will come from.
Are we due parachute payments?

His shots to goal ratio is good for us. His overall work isn't great, but give him chances and he will be crucial for us. A great goal today.

11 goals in 20 appearances for Boro last season. The lad is clinical if you give him the chances.

I thought he was superb today.

Worked his bollocks off, was constantly involved in the build-up play and caused them problems. He finally looked like the player I thought we were signing.

A goal to cap off his performance would’ve been nice but they’ll come if he carries on like that.

Wonderful skill and determination to start the move which led to the goal .

I thought he was superb today.

Worked his bollocks off, was constantly involved in the build-up play and caused them problems. He finally looked like the player I thought we were signing.

A goal to cap off his performance would’ve been nice but they’ll come if he carries on like that.
Man of the match today for me👍

We need to keep him for next season, somehow. Promotion probably hinges on it

use the 9m towards signing brereton-diaz and get tommy doyle from wolves

There is no such thing as a non negotiable, not saying Ramble isn’t right, I just think Villa could choose to offer him back to us once he returns etc

It will be a shame not having him in the Championship, but at least you can trust us to spend the recouped transfer fee wisely...
If we stay up we pay the second instalment but if we get relegated we pay no more ?
If Villa want him back they have that option, so it depends on whether they can sell him on for more than the first instalment. If not he is ours to keep, even in the Championship
Maybe I misunderstand the second part of the explanation?

Surely the 'buy back option'
only applies if we decide to sell him?
I think it does apply regardless

From my limited interpretation, I just wonder if rather than taking back regardless Villa might from their end see about getting something done ??

But it would have to be them making that move I believe

Problem what Villa will have is that they can buy him from us in the summer, but won't be able to loan him out to a british club, due to the 3 club rule for registration,

The only option they have is doing a deal with another club, but that sounds as complicated as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom