Match Thread Bristol Rovers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRRV
BRRV
BRRV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609969607318.png v. 1609969627159.png
FA Cup Round 3 - Saturday 9th January 2021 - Memorial Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bristol-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.548/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referees: Sam Lewis & Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 14.52.42.png

Last edited:

Jonathan Hunt. Always liked him. Brilliant player 😀. Hopefully a brilliant linesman too.

First time in a while I'm actually looking forward to a game and curious about how it will pan out. Strong team and totally wipe the floor with them could be the boost needed. Otherwise fuck it up and lose will it really make much difference? Wouldn't mind seeing if Verrips is any cop.

Sky didnt buy the BT Extra channels they are only for BT TV customers. Like me. :)
If people have the BT sports package just through sky then no extra’s channels normally. However on champions league nights if you have sky and press red button, you get access to more games which are shown on extra channels, so iam pretty sure come saturday, there will be red button services available. If they have BT sports from BT, Plusnet or the BTsports app then they have the extra channels permanently .. I work for BT so i will ask when iam back in tomorrow and post on here.

Last edited:
I subscribe to BT sport through Sky and channel 453 does not appear on my program list

Anyone fancy a game of 'Roy's view from Rovers Bingo'?
"They've not won all season, enter the Gas"
"It'll be just like Rovers to become their first win of the season"
"We should be beating these easily but we'll make hard work of it"
"One goal should be enough to put these away, but we should get 4 or 5"
UTB

Their regular keeper, Anssi Jaakkola, is injured by the look of it so recent signing Joe Day of Cardiff looks set to start.

Not a ton of notable players, Ed Upson tasted success against us for Yeovil in the playoffs. Former Bromley & Gillingham striker Brandon Hanlan is the most dangerous threat by the looks of things. Luke McCormick on loan from Chelsea has pedigree.

Erhun Otzumer got linked with us a few times when he was at Walsall also.

When you have a squad of players devoid of players who aren’t frightened to score goals, it doesn’t really matter what level the opposition are. We showed that in our pre-season friendlies in Scotland, which provided the portents of what was to come in terms of the struggle for goals.

Another 0-1 defeat.

I subscribe to BT sport through Sky and channel 453 does not appear on my program list

as per previous its not available on a Sky Box. Only on a BT TV Box/Plusnet/App. Wait for GHLF to get back to you to confirm.

We will lose. The team is not very good and from what I saw last Saturday a number of players seem to have given up already.

We will win
This is the match where our players know that we are expected to win
Players in need of confidence ie Brewster and Burke ( if fit) will show there extra class and pace against an inferior team
Other premiership teams may have sussed out or previous game plan, I doubt that Bristol will be that astute

Anyways what is wrong with being positive fir a change, our luck had to change at some stage. This could be our zenith data cup match of 30 years ago

We will win
This is the match where our players know that we are expected to win
Players in need of confidence ie Brewster and Burke ( if fit) will show there extra class and pace against an inferior team
Other premiership teams may have sussed out or previous game plan, I doubt that Bristol will be that astute

Anyways what is wrong with being positive fir a change, our luck had to change at some stage. This could be our zenith data cup match of 30 years ago
Good being positive but is the pitch frozen ? Will if thaw by inspection time tomorrow ?

Erhun Otzumer got linked with us a few times when he was at Walsall also.

One of the S24SU members hard a proper hard on for Oztumer, might have been WWF I think. I think he was a more fervent advocate of Oztumer than Ricky was of Luke Freeman!

Good being positive but is the pitch frozen ? Will if thaw by inspection time tomorrow ?
Hopefully it will get moved to 'Fortress Bramall Lane', they've got no chance against us with our recent home form ;)

About time the players remembered what it means to wear that badge nearest to their heart and man up and not be a punching bag training exercise.

as per previous its not available on a Sky Box. Only on a BT TV Box/Plusnet/App. Wait for GHLF to get back to you to confirm.
I get the BT sport app free on my EE phone, 4 extra is on there.

Been living in Bristol since I was 8 and have adopted the gas as my second team. These are my fav 2 teams in the planet so I’m gutted I can’t go.
The gas are not great, v sift through the middle and I’m sure the blades will win.

Back
Top Bottom