Match Thread Bristol Rovers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRRV
BRRV
BRRV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609969607318.png v. 1609969627159.png
FA Cup Round 3 - Saturday 9th January 2021 - Memorial Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bristol-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.548/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referees: Sam Lewis & Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 14.52.42.png

Last edited:

Enjoyed that game we should have won comfortably and arguably we did. Their first goal would have been ruled out if VAR was in play as he used Bashams shoulders to jump up.

Burke scored finally and could have had 3, the 2nd was an absolute sitter all he had to do was smash it in the net instead it ended up going towards the corner flag (although he had just come on but even so) and the 3rd was just unlucky off the post.

I enjoyed it. I'll take what I can get at the moment. Burke took his goal well and could have had a hat trick on another day. Bogle looked class again. Didzy never stopped. Heads didn't drop when Rovers equalised. We attacked!

For once I'm not going to dwell on the negatives, but Rammers should have gone the whole length of the pitch and popped the ball in the net. 😉

Wanna get that Kilgour lad signed up when we go down

Flecks knackered he's clearly not fit enough at the moment
Some of the forum users have discussed this as possibly having had Covid. A couple of us (obv including myself in this) have had bouts of feeling wasted followed by feeling fully recovered only for it to come back again. Mines been going since April, last bad session with it early December, currently in good shape (for my age). Never got tested, as apart from feeling like I had a mild cold no other symptoms.

We’ve bloody won a game....🙌🍾

This seasons been like your first proper girlfriend ...every night you think this is the night only to plod home disappointed and then when she finally opens Pandora’s box you don’t quite make it and end up cummin all over her tits...happy but still feel something is missing!

I prefer to think of it like being constipated.

For ages you're straining and straining and nowt, then you shit a tiny pebble and think you've won the fucking Olympics.

Also comes with about the same risk of a stroke.

and NOT tbf - it was the only relevant stat that backed up his argument - the most relevant facts/stats were no where near equal

UTB
I wasn't agreeing with Essex just pointing out what he actually said about possession stats.

For me the most important stats are chances created, attempts at goal and shots on target. They are the ones which prove who was most dominant.

Agree with you UTB.

The xG difference in this one was almost as much as the one against Southampton. And that is not including the two disallowed goals today.

Its ridiciolous to try and claim that this one was even remotely close.

hope its a nice reminder of what they can do. as so many defeats can im sure make players feel bit lost. because your tinkering with so much that you lose what you had. yes it was Bristol rovers but there a good team a net 12th with 2 games in hand. with paul tisdale & we dont need reminding how good a league 1 side can be in the FA cup

but this kind of game helped us because at the moment yes the defence isnt great but we need to find a way bring this high tempo game into the league. because at times it can be very slow moving which will effected us alot. we mustve had more chances today than in December & goals were well taken i cant tell you last time i saw us playing in behind the defence.

so there are many positives for this season & next

Had to win that game, so obviously it was a positive result.

No surprise why the league table as it is though, given once again, with arguably the first XI with the exception of JOC (Not convinced Wilder knows who is his current best XI), the defence still leaked goals.

It was better to look a more attacking threat, but it's easier to create chances against opposition two divisions lower. The defence is a huge concern going into next season.

Watching the MOTD highlights back the next day, with fresh eyes:

• Brave, trying to play. Wilder's intentions worked.
• What on earth were we doing at set pieces, practise them.
• Burke is a raw diamond, real potential.
• Osborn's crossing 😍

Back
Top Bottom