Match Thread Bristol Rovers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRRV
BRRV
BRRV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609969607318.png v. 1609969627159.png
FA Cup Round 3 - Saturday 9th January 2021 - Memorial Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bristol-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.548/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referees: Sam Lewis & Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 14.52.42.png

Last edited:

It's a real shame that this is a behind closed doors match. Visited their ground once (on the way to Yeovil) and it looked like it'd be a great away day; loads of pubs on the run up to the ground. It's a cup draw I've been hoping for, for the last couple of seasons.

Strong side out to be fair.

We had to do that In The hopes of victory. Let’s see if we can play something like we know they are capable of and have a positive result.

But we are so short on midfielders - not a single midfielder on the bench by my count. Google advises me Gordon is a defender. Mental for a PL side to have 3 available midfielders

Last edited:
Lunny. Of all the things CW has been criticised for, for me this is the biggest mistake he has made. Lunny should have been fucked off a while ago.
Too late now. We've got to play with the cards we've got.

Last edited:
We have to win this. With pretty much a full team out, failure to beat a league one side would be absolutely disastrous.
I don't normally give a shit about the FA cup, but this season I'd like us to get at least a couple of wins in it.

He’s not ducking about with that line up. Hope to god we win if not, no excuses. It is practically our starting line up, whatever that is these days.

Strong side out to be fair.

We had to do that In The hopes of victory. Let’s see if we can play something like we know they are capable of and have a positive result.

But we are so short on midfielders - not a single midfielder on the bench by my count. Google advises me Gordon is a defender. Mental for a PL side to have 3 available midfielders

Seems strange to shoehorn ampadu in yet another position, I'd have thought Bryan was a better option at LCB

We have to win this. With pretty much a full team out, failure to beat a league one side would be absolutely disastrous.
I don't normally give a shit about the FA cup, but this season I'd like us to get at least a couple of wins in it.
It's a funny one. I'll be pleased if we play well and score, but I'll not be doing somersaults because we've beat a L1 side.

Kyron Gordon has been around for a long time now. Pretty much an U23 regular this season. He was one of those Saturday/Monday players. Turning out for both the U18s & U23s in the same season. Here's my crack at his stats.

Starts, Subs, Goals
2020/21 U23 10 0 0
2019/20 U23 12 2 1
2019/20 U18 9 0 1
2018/19 U23 16 5 1
2018/19 U18 11 1 2
2017/18 U18 21 3 2

The Academy Centre Back listing includes Sam Graham who is on loan at Notts County. Jean Belehouan who has just gone to Halifax on loan. Nicksoen Gomis, Kacper Lopata & Ashton Hall.

Not altogether over the moon with that lineup.
Same old system with Ampadu now shoehorned into LCB. Lunny back in again. Brewster and Burke on the bench. No Hackford at all. No Brunt.
But we go with what we’ve got. Hopefully Fleck and Mousse have a good game to sort their confidence out! UTB

Everything to lose and not much to gain for CW today. Our first win of the season will be expected, but the cup is unpredictable and it's at their place without a replay. Normally a loss to Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup wouldn't be the end of the world for most PL sides. But you can guarantee that plenty of people will be on Wilder's back if we don't stroll this one, and he won't get a ton of praise if we win it

I did think this would be a good one for Brewster to get a goal and get some confidence, particularly as we are still trying to get Mousse fit and there is a league game on Tuesday. But it looks like, limited options aside, he is trying to play our best side, if all in form. Would have been nice to Hackford again.

Back
Top Bottom