Brewster and McBurnie, next seasons front two.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We would have been better off signing Madine rather than waste £17 million on McBurnie.
hated madine and hated us signing him but got to admit he won me over with his commitment in the promotion season and dont think he can have done any less than mcburnie has this season even in the prem i really hope for the clubs sake he comes good next season if hes still here but just cant see it and cant see him getting picked anyway if blessin or jokanovic come in if any club offers us 10m or more i would snatch their hands off

Why start name calling bellend service has been non existent this season can’t do it all by himself simple as that!
Welcome to the forum Ollie, noted this and the earlier post where you’re claiming to be pivotal in us finishing 9th - anything else you want to say to try and convince us that you’re anything but an utter waste of money?

If wolves offer 15m for Mcburnie snap there hands off

I'm very much on the fence

You don't score 1 in 2 in the Championship (at 21) unless you've got something about you. Whether that was 2 years ago or not, a 20 goal season isn't a fluke.

Granted we haven't seen that at the lane, barring a few games here and there. This season he's been pretty abject, but honestly no worse than the majority of the squad.

Don't know what next season will bring, but part of me thinks we'd be mad to offload a striker with that record at that level. Especially with a new manager on the horizon, who might decide pinging 80 yard balls at his noggin isn't the best use of him... I still believe in the right system in the right league he'll score goals.

Maybe we'll see the best of him on a league more suited to his ability, there's a lot of strikers who thrive in the Championship in teams winning more than they lose, but fail to make the grade when the inverse is true at a higher level.

All that being said selling for 15m and recouping the vast majority of our outlay, and possibly meaning we can keep any of our other saleable assets, reinvesting in a couple of midfielders also makes a lot of sense

Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.
They will both do nothing with that midfield creating chances to score.

Reactions: SLB
Unfortunately that’s not true. I’ve just checked and apart from that one season for Swansea in 2018-19 when he scored 22 goals he’s been crap all his career. On the basis of that one season we payed £17.5-£20m for him.

Jesus.
The reason he scored 22goals for Swansea is because they play with wingers or wide players,we don't.

Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.
Unfortunately this shot still remains his only one on target in about 30 games.

Hegginbottom said this week "he needs to learn how to get on the end of crosses" .. .. ffs £23 million for a forward that doesn't get on the end of crosses.

Unfortunately this shot still remains his only one on target in about 30 games.

Hegginbottom said this week "he needs to learn how to get on the end of crosses" .. .. ffs £23 million for a forward that doesn't get on the end of crosses.

Guess it depends where you do your shopping -- Raphinha £17 million.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom