Brewster and McBurnie, next seasons front two.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes.

I am well aware he is going to explode on the Championship next term.

Several wise old sages have told me so !!

UTB

Ah come on. Do these freely available stats only apply when it serves your argument? His championship record stacks up very, very favourably. Would actually make him our deadliest striker, great assist stats too.

He was also our joint top scorer last season. This season is best to just just write off/ forget about for most of the team.

Ah come on. Do these freely available stats only apply when it serves your argument? His championship record stacks up very, very favourably. Would actually make him our deadliest striker, great assist stats too.

He was also our joint top scorer last season. This season is best to just just write off/ forget about for most of the team.

You have to be a close friend of McB- there is no other logic for it-

Watching Everton v Palace Benteke, Zaha, Ayew, Richarlison , Calvert Lewin all these players are light years ahead of McB- we bought him for the Prem not the Championship.

He's a total flop, this year he has not shown one iota of quality, not a second. His value of 17 million is now probably more like 2 million, and even that seems overpriced.

I see someone who is extremely slow, can't shoot, can't show an attacking header, can't link up, can't run into space, is as weak as f*** and off field is a total pr1ck .

Give me strength he's literally pound for pound on spend the worst signing EVER, and yet a small gang which your in defend him, why he's crap. Stop judging him on a few years ago at Swansea - be honest with what you have seen this year, he gets 2-10 for the season for defensive headers, literally any striker in league 1 and 2 could do that.

Watching Everton v Palace Benteke, Zaha, Ayew, Richarlison , Calvert Lewin all these players are light years ahead of McB- we bought him for the Prem not the Championship.

He's a total flop, this year he has not shown one iota of quality, not a second. His value of 17 million is now probably more like 2 million, and even that seems overpriced.

I see someone who is extremely slow, can't shoot, can't show an attacking header, can't link up, can't run into space, is as weak as f*** and off field is a total pr1ck .

Give me strength he's literally pound for pound on spend the worst signing EVER, and yet a small gang which your in defend him, why he's crap. Stop judging him on a few years ago at Swansea - be honest with what you have seen this year, he gets 2-10 for the season for defensive headers, literally any striker in league 1 and 2 could do that.
I'll put you down as on the fence

Some of those names, fucking hell have a word with yourself. You seem to be mistaking me saying he has very good championship stats, with me saying he is a really good premier league striker. Though Benteke is an interesting one, have a look at his last few seasons, you might raise an eyebrow. Ill help you out, he scored 6 goals in 3 seasons.

I dont think McB has had a good season at all. But I dont think many of our players have. And being a striker in our premier league team is no easy task. Statistically, not fucking bombastically so you might not care about that.

You give the kind of empty, over the top rants you hear in the pub after 10 pints.

Some of those names, fucking hell have a word with yourself. You seem to be mistaking me saying he has very good championship stats, with me saying he is a really good premier league striker. Though Benteke is an interesting one, have a look at his last few seasons, you might raise an eyebrow. Ill help you out, he scored 6 goals in 3 seasons.

I dont think McB has had a good season at all. But I dont think many of our players have. And being a striker in our premier league team is no easy task. Statistically, not fucking bombastically so you might not care about that.

You give the kind of empty, over the top rants you hear in the pub after 10 pints.
I promise you it’s not a drunken rant. I cannot stand watching him, when he’s on the pitch, the quality of football drops off a cliff. Billy is 3x the player he is. Every aspect of Billy’s play is better, Inreally do just want shut.

Both the kind of strikers we used to want to sign, but never managed to.

Neither have shown what they are really about this season - but then who has? - hopefully a reset in the Championship will show their true colours and set us back in the right direction, as I can't see us splashing the cash on the replacement players in their mould.

Henderson was a quality, nasty footballer. Unfortunately only when he played against us.

Brewster has a shot on him. He strikes the ball cleanly. So we need to persist and hope he comes good. Even though McBurnie had a good time at Swansea. He has been woeful for us. You can talk about the lack of service but he has seen enough of the ball during the season and he has shown a poor touch and a lack of quality all round. His attitude on the pitch barging into the back of players is embarrassing. I would get rid.

When ALL of the freely available stats paint a very specific type of picture, you have to ask yourself if you are on the wrong horse !!!!

Hang on to Swansea. It’s all there is 😉.

Gonna tear it a new un next season our ginger assassin 😀👍.

UTB

Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.

Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.

Mcburnie is sadly dog shite
I concur with this whole heartedly

When ALL of the freely available stats paint a very specific type of picture, you have to ask yourself if you are on the wrong horse !!!!

UTB

But they dont all paint your picture Dronnie old boy. They point more to us having a good player having a bad season (but who isn't?!).

But they dont all paint your picture Dronnie old boy. They point more to us having a good player having a bad season (but who isn't?!)
Ive done the stato overload across numerous meaningful measurable and comparable parameters to disprove your ascertain on many previous occasions.

I won’t be doing it again.

If it makes you feel better if I say I have been wrong about this all along, then knock yourself out.

But honestly. The McBurnie debate has, emphatically, concluded.

UTB

Ive done the stato overload across numerous meaningful measurable and comparable parameters to disprove your ascertain on many previous occasions.

I won’t be doing it again.

The McBurnie debate has, emphatically, concluded.

UTB

Me too! And i didnt have to break out the dictionary to do it 😉.

All the best mate, one of us will eventually be proven right on the Scottish Pele.

UTB

Me too! And i didnt have to break out the dictionary to do it 😉.

All the best mate, one of us will eventually be proven right on the Scottish Pele.

UTB
Scottish Pele 😀😀😀. Tells its own story 😉.

Time will tell 👍

UTB

Scottish Pele 😀😀😀. Tells its own story 😉.

Time will tell 👍

UTB

What are your thoughts on him being understudy to the red hot Lydon Dykes for Scotland?

In his defence, strikers will never prosper in the way we have played in the last year or so. We rarely play passes in to strikers feet, our midfield dont support the forwards well enough, we don't put early crossing in and counter attacks seem to be avoided when the opportunity arises for us.

Hopefully a new coach may give Mcburnie, Brewster and Mousset a new lease of life 🤞

We need to get to the byline and feed crosses for mcburnie. If you pay £18 mill for a striker you need to play to his strengths. Since he’s signed we haven’t. Simple. Our problem isn’t strikers are problem is that our midfield three is simply not good enough. Not athletic, tenacious or able to provide the quality of service you need in the prem. we need 3/4 new cm’s in the summer
Nail on the head, absolutely.

It's a BIG summer of recruitment, and we'll need to spend well on midfield, spend fairly big by championship standard, recruit early, recruit several and give them time to gel - it's a huge task trying to get the midfield we'll need and to replicate/better the performance of Norwood, Fleck and Duffy last time out.

What are your thoughts on him being understudy to the red hot Lydon Dykes for Scotland?

In his defence, strikers will never prosper in the way we have played in the last year or so. We rarely play passes in to strikers feet, our midfield dont support the forwards well enough, we don't put early crossing in and counter attacks seem to be avoided when the opportunity arises for us.

Hopefully a new coach may give Mcburnie, Brewster and Mousset a new lease of life 🤞
My thoughts are that McBurnie will completely drift out of the picture in terms of future Scottish Squads.

Che Adams pushes him even further down the pecking order.

Poor, erratic form over a 2 year period is not good. Not even close.

If he is to impact positively for us next season, a huge uptick in his individual performance levels is required. Lower standard or otherwise.

Many are confidently predicting based on events from 3 years ago that this will be so.

Time will tell.

UTB

Not a fan then ? His mother loves him.

McDonkey aka The Lazy Jogger needs to go, anywhere will do like League One he'll fit in just fine.

My thoughts are that McBurnie will completely drift out of the picture in terms of future Scottish Squads.

Che Adams pushes him even further down the pecking order.

Poor, erratic form over a 2 year period is not good. Not even close.

If he is to impact positively for us next season, a huge uptick in his individual performance levels is required. Lower standard or otherwise.

Many are confidently predicting based on events from 3 years ago that this will be so.

Time will tell.

UTB
im not get rid

Has anyone considered the fact that they rarely play together probably means they can't? It seems odd they haven't given our lack of goals. I'm a littje worried that McBurnie is our plan b tall striker Chris liked to sign (Hanson/Madine).

Has anyone considered the fact that they rarely play together probably means they can't? It seems odd they haven't given our lack of goals. I'm a littje worried that McBurnie is our plan b tall striker Chris liked to sign (Hanson/Madine).
If that’s what Chris signed him for he was wrong. Hopefully the new manager can use him properly and get the most out of him.
I still rate him and think he’ll be a major part of our season next year, however if Wolves offer what we paid then of course it should be seriously considered.

We would have been better off signing Madine rather than waste £17 million on McBurnie.

If that’s what Chris signed him for he was wrong. Hopefully the new manager can use him properly and get the most out of him.
I still rate him and think he’ll be a major part of our season next year, however if Wolves offer what we paid then of course it should be seriously considered.
Hopefully the new manager doesnt want him & fucks him off straight away.

Back
Top Bottom