Brewster and McBurnie, next seasons front two.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh and the season before when he scored 9 in 17 at Barnsley and got player of the season although only there 2nd part of season, the rest of the time he was in and out of 1st teams and playing u23 football where he was voted u23 prem league player of season at the highest u23 league out all the top clubs! Then of course at u18 level he was banging in goals all over the place. Then when he went to Newport on loan and scored a hat trick on his debut and of course when he went on loan to Chester as a teenager near the end of the season and sent them on a winning run that carried them from relegation candidates to challenging for promotion. Even last season joint top scorer in a team that finished in the top half of the prem. This season his service has been non existent the only time he usually gets a ball in the box is his own where he generally wins the header to make the clearance. Good to see though you’ve checked the facts and know what you’re talking about!
U23’s? U18’s? A hat trick at Newport? I’m not sure what your point is?

He hasn’t any sort of goal scoring record at a decent level apart from Swansea over one season.

6 goals for us last season isn’t what you pay £20m for. He should have scored a good few more last season for that money and missed many good opportunities to do so.

This season he’s been very poor in a poor team. But even in that poor team he’s had the chances to get a reasonable return yet fluffs them time after time.

But my original post said if he can learn to be a bit more instinctive and quick reacted he could be an asset next season which I believe he could. The OP wasn’t a assassination of McBurnie, more on what he needs to do to improve his game.

The post you refer to was after I looked up his record and realised just how poor his record was and that season at Swansea stands out like a sore thumb.

He‘s a poor striker who should do better and has proven he can. Let’s hope he can somehow repeat the season he had at Swansea but frankly and sadly I think it’s doubtful.

In the Championship we need to be more expansive, so for me Didsy no.10 behind 2 strikers.
100% this.

With the 2 being the most in form ouof Rhian Bill n Moose.

The other 2 can impact from the bench or impact somewhere else 😀.

UTB

Scuffed effort that the keeper had covered. Thought his link up play was decent today but he's not a threat in any way shape or form.

Agree, his link up is good, puts a shift in and tries

Problem is we can’t afford to have a striker who can’t score goals, even tho he does the other stuff

Like having a keeper who has good distribution, but can’t catch a ball...,

We have McB and McG both of who can hold up and bring others in, neither of whom can hit the target regularly

The really successful ones work in pairs. we don't have anyone who can do that with McB, and I'm beginning to doubt we'll ever find anyone ........

no matter what opinion anybody has on mcburnie its as clear as day hes not a fit for us and never was imo i can only see him ending up in league 1

Ramsdale

Baldock-Bash-Egan-JOC-RND

Coulibaly-Berge-Fleck

Brewster-Didzy(Ndiaye/Moose/Mcburnie)

Think it's time we moved Burke on, I like him but hes not a striker.
Stevens needs to sort himself out n find the form he had in or promotion season.
Bryan decent cover for JOC short term.
Lowe and Bogle need to keep pushing, I'd loan Lowe out for 6mnth to be honest.
The young Sariki is it from the u18s looks like he could replace Bash in the future, looked brilliant today?
Norwood needs selling, and i think Jags will retire at the end of the season?
Moore and Foderingham need to be moved on and Verrips to number 2 if we aren't going to sell him???
Robinson and Rodwell.....bye bye.

I'm surprised quite a few are defending McBurnie.

I see a player that looks horribly out of his depth at this level. He's had the odd good game last season and maybe one this season but mostly he has been anonymous.

It's all too quick/physical and skilful for him.

Statistically his goal record and chance conversion is appalling this season.

He is miles off being a top flight striker. To think we used to all get prickly about those Scotland fans who used to criticise him but they were spot on.

When he plays he slows us down, does not offer a goal threat and centre backs have an easy game.

I don't see any teams taking us off our hands soon.

Just hope he actually goes away and works on his game/physicality this summer. I recall a couple of those fly on the wall videos at the training ground this season and McBurnie was joking yo Norwood about being rubbish on the weights. I thought why would you joke about not wanting to improve a key weak link in his game? (upper body strength and physicality). A few weeks later other players were shooting and he was playing pranks on Mousset. Maybe only snapshots and of course we only see certain moments but I just thought us that a guy that is really taking his profession seriously?

I look at likes of Kane and how hard he works on the training ground and how professional he is. I do wonder when I see McBurnie on twitter and Instagram drinking in a jacuzzi or doing V signs at Cardiff fans whether this player actually wants to reach the top-level? He still acts like a kid. He is a professional who cost us 17 million and will be on good wages. His contribution overall is very limited.

He is not the only one but there are several whose careers and the direction they go in will be given a good idea by this time next year.

I'm surprised quite a few are defending McBurnie.

I see a player that looks horribly out of his depth at this level. He's had the odd good game last season and maybe one this season but mostly he has been anonymous.

It's all too quick/physical and skilful for him.

Statistically his goal record and chance conversion is appalling this season.

He is miles off being a top flight striker. To think we used to all get prickly about those Scotland fans who used to criticise him but they were spot on.

When he plays he slows us down, does not offer a goal threat and centre backs have an easy game.

I don't see any teams taking us off our hands soon.

Just hope he actually goes away and works on his game/physicality this summer. I recall a couple of those fly on the wall videos at the training ground this season and McBurnie was joking yo Norwood about being rubbish on the weights. I thought why would you joke about not wanting to improve a key weak link in his game? (upper body strength and physicality). A few weeks later other players were shooting and he was playing pranks on Mousset. Maybe only snapshots and of course we only see certain moments but I just thought us that a guy that is really taking his profession seriously?

I look at likes of Kane and how hard he works on the training ground and how professional he is. I do wonder when I see McBurnie on twitter and Instagram drinking in a jacuzzi or doing V signs at Cardiff fans whether this player actually wants to reach the top-level? He still acts like a kid. He is a professional who cost us 17 million and will be on good wages. His contribution overall is very limited.

He is not the only one but there are several whose careers and the direction they go in will be given a good idea by this time next year.
I think I summed it up in a lot less words but fully agree

Oh and the season before when he scored 9 in 17 at Barnsley and got player of the season although only there 2nd part of season, the rest of the time he was in and out of 1st teams and playing u23 football where he was voted u23 prem league player of season at the highest u23 league out all the top clubs! Then of course at u18 level he was banging in goals all over the place. Then when he went to Newport on loan and scored a hat trick on his debut and of course when he went on loan to Chester as a teenager near the end of the season and sent them on a winning run that carried them from relegation candidates to challenging for promotion. Even last season joint top scorer in a team that finished in the top half of the prem. This season his service has been non existent the only time he usually gets a ball in the box is his own where he generally wins the header to make the clearance. Good to see though you’ve checked the facts and know what you’re talking about!
Jordan Slew did well at youth level, where is he now??

He did have half a good season at Barnsley and a decent campaign at Swansea. That's quite a while in the past though. You mention he was joint top scorer for us in a team that finished 9th. Although you seem to be a bit embarrassed about writing how many goals that actually was. I wonder why that is?

He doesn't have the attributes to be a Premier League player. He's slow, not powerful or skillful and doesn't have quick feet or an eye for goal.

You do mention his best quality though, which is defensive headers in his own box. Not really what you want in a £20 million pound striker. Maybe changing to a CB would be a good career change 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sharp ?? Are you guys really writing him off ? he will bang goals in championship, like he always has done, he isn’t finished yet !
Sharp has, this season, demonstrably been our best CF (Dids is a 10).

Competition for this accolade not exactly been red hot but you can only beat what is in front of you !!!

UTB

We need to get to the byline and feed crosses for mcburnie. If you pay £18 mill for a striker you need to play to his strengths. Since he’s signed we haven’t. Simple. Our problem isn’t strikers are problem is that our midfield three is simply not good enough. Not athletic, tenacious or able to provide the quality of service you need in the prem. we need 3/4 new cm’s in the summer
I agree with the general point being made but we have had occasions when we have got in behind but not once have I seen McPub anywhere near the crosses. His positional play is appalling. He is simply too slow. The man runs on his heels, his total lack of athleticism is bewildering. Jumping for headers from a standing start is all he can do with any proficiency but they are invariably nod ons to no-one. Without doubt the worst player I have seen at PL level.

It’s not it’s the truth, of course the whole team have disappointed that’s why we sit fair and square at the bottom. Throughout the season every single player as had a shocker or two, but c’mon McB has been to put it kindly atrocious, defend him with what he did at Swansea, defend him by saying service appalling, defend him by saying we don’t play to his strengths.

But unless your his family and you feel you have to, or your one of his jerk mates and paid to say good things, then if you say it as you see it, he looks very very league 1 at best to me. I wish it wasn’t true myself but sorry stop kidding yourself the truth is very apparent he is CRAP.
Unfortunately, he has not performed this season then again I’m not sure he did too well last season - much like most of our recent attacking acquisitions.
Maybe he is League 1 although perhaps only if he stays playing in this set up.
I hear Wolves are, apparently/hopefully, interested in him at £15m.
I wish him all the best in the “old gold”.
If that happens then maybe we won’t have to sell someone else from the team who will do well for us next season.

One good performance this season. One.

He was very good against Leicester, when he scored his only goal.

That’s it. We don’t create much but what we do create he misses. His xg for the second season in a row is significantly higher than his actual goals.

He’s slow, he has poor ball control, he loses the ball easily, his hold up play is mediocre, he’s never into the loose ball or the driven cross, and his shooting and particularly heading lacks power and direction.

he does one thing well. Defensive headers. Nothing else.

plus his pathetic off the ball fouling does nothing to disabuse the notion he’s a bit of a prick.

In summary, I’m not that keen on him.

I think the thing is we have two players in mcburnie and Mcgoldrick who do good ‘other striker’ work (link up, aerial work etc). They’re in a similar category to Watkins at Villa in that respect only Watkins carries a bit more threat even though he’s not got bagsfull this year.

Moose and Brewster are more ‘goal scorers’.

I think the thing is we have two players in mcburnie and Mcgoldrick who do good ‘other striker’ work (link up, aerial work etc). They’re in a similar category to Watkins at Villa in that respect only Watkins carries a bit more threat even though he’s not got bagsfull this year.

Moose and Brewster are more ‘goal scorers’.
Goldy and Watkins should not be mentioned in the same breath/ sentence as MCB- they are 2 three levels above McB. A fair comparison of the qualities of McB is Michael Higdon he was shit and so is McB, I just wish we had paid the same for McB as Hig The Fat Pig- i.e sweet FA.

We didnt buy the c*nt for championship football though did we? Too be quite honest with you, who cares if he does well in the championship next season, we needed him this season in the PREMIER LEAGUE and he hasnt stepped up (not just him). simple as that.

We didnt buy the c*nt for championship football though did we? Too be quite honest with you, who cares if he does well in the championship next season, we needed him this season in the PREMIER LEAGUE and he hasnt stepped up (not just him). simple as that.
Why start name calling bellend service has been non existent this season can’t do it all by himself simple as that!

McBurnie was half the price of Joelinton and Wesley and has been better than both of them.

He's probably not up to being a regular PL goalscorer, but nobody would be with the poor service to strikers this season, he doesn't gel well with Sharp and was almost played as the main striker having long balls aimed at him with Billy running the channels. With McGoldrick its a bit of a better partnership though we still don't play to McB's strengths. With Burke he does some OK link up play, but Burke isn't a striker, so that doesn't work either. With Mousset was promising last season, but the only time they've been on the pitch together this year has been in a chuck a bunch of strikers on mess. With Brewster has rarely happened even though it should be the front two we're aiming towards.

Anyone dismissing him as a League 1 player just because he's been shit this season is a fucking moron, plenty of strikers aren't PL quality but score for fun in the Championship (Dwight Gayle is about as much use as a literal dog turd in the top division).

If we can get good money for him in the summer let him go, but he will be useful next season if he's here. Whoever the strikers are, fixing the midfield is the key.

This is why it's so important to get the new manager in asap rather than at the end of the season. Give him time to work with what we have got and assess the best way forward. Who to keep, who to move on and who to bring in.

McBurnie was half the price of Joelinton and Wesley and has been better than both of them.

He's probably not up to being a regular PL goalscorer, but nobody would be with the poor service to strikers this season, he doesn't gel well with Sharp and was almost played as the main striker having long balls aimed at him with Billy running the channels. With McGoldrick its a bit of a better partnership though we still don't play to McB's strengths. With Burke he does some OK link up play, but Burke isn't a striker, so that doesn't work either. With Mousset was promising last season, but the only time they've been on the pitch together this year has been in a chuck a bunch of strikers on mess. With Brewster has rarely happened even though it should be the front two we're aiming towards.

Anyone dismissing him as a League 1 player just because he's been shit this season is a fucking moron, plenty of strikers aren't PL quality but score for fun in the Championship (Dwight Gayle is about as much use as a literal dog turd in the top division).

If we can get good money for him in the summer let him go, but he will be useful next season if he's here. Whoever the strikers are, fixing the midfield is the key.
wish i had your confidence ginge dont rate him at all yes hes had very little service this season but hes missed some gilt edge chances as well if we get offered the 15m thats been rumoured i would snatch their hands off just not my type of striker but all about opinions utb fto

Back
Top Bottom