Brewster and McBurnie, next seasons front two.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forgot to mention Burke. I like him. I like his pace and his strength and he scares defenders when running at them. Maybe up against weaker sides next season he might have more luck putting the ball in the net?
Burke’s big problem is his ball control, average at best. That needs to improve if he’s wanting a starting shirt.

Doubt we'll ever see Moussett firing on all cylinders though for longer than 30 seconds though
When half the first team is injured, and all the others after a five yard sprint are "out of puff" or just a useless bastard, why is it that only Mousett gets the blame for being injured?

I’ve still yet to see anything that McBurnie is a £20m striker, 20 months or so on... He’s had plenty of chances now.

I’ve still yet to see anything that McBurnie is a £20m striker, 20 months or so on... He’s had plenty of chances now.

He is so bad it's embarrassing- I'd take any offer regardless of how derisory just to get him off the books. We've some awful strikers down at the Lane but he really does take the accolade of worst ever. He is a striker without the ability to strike a ball.

Off the field he's a jerk, expensive flop but please offload as fast as possible, hopeless.

To be honest I think someone will take him and he will probably bag a ton of goals and score against us. It’s just for us he has been bad.
Unfortunately that’s not true. I’ve just checked and apart from that one season for Swansea in 2018-19 when he scored 22 goals he’s been crap all his career. On the basis of that one season we payed £17.5-£20m for him.

Jesus.

That's an instance where McB took an extra touch. Great that it deflected to Ozzy, in reality McB should have hit it first time a step before.

He probably should have, I'd imagine he'd be more likely to as well if any of them looked like they'd any confidence (barring Brewster).

Was still on target, and a rare occasion we seem to find a striker in any kind of space with the ball in the area.

We've four strikers - Brewster, McBurnie, Diddsy and Sharp - all proven at Championship level. I don't think forwards are the problem, midfield for me is where they've been short. One or two wingers added to the squad would also give a different dimension, even if only used as a plan B off the bench. Ditto an out and out target man too. They've used McBurnie as a target man and he's not that.

Brewster to start definately. he has great timing - the kid just needs a break and a goal.

Quite prepared to see McB start - but if I was McB I would seriously consider leaving United - he'll get absolutely crucified next season if his abject performances up to date are repeated at a lower level.

For McB to succeed he needs balls in the box on a regular basis - if we continue to try and work the ball to be of a perfect delivery (in others words, piss around with it) then mcB still won't get the service and he will struggle.

We simply do not play like Swansea, so in a small way I feel for McB.

Personally, I'd engineer a move away.

UTB

Both players have had one good season (1/2 a season for Brewster) scoring goals in the Championship so have shown they can do it at that level. But even the best strikers need service and that comes from midfield and that's been our problem this season. Norwood, Lunny, Fleck all below par Beege injured, wing backs below par and JOC (defender but so important part of our attacking threat last season) out injured whole season. We need to really strengthen midfield. Hopefully Norwodd is better at Champ level. Lunny gone. I would sell Berge for 30 mill and get 2or 3 good Champ midfielders with the money. Provide the service and McB and Brewster will score the goals.

He probably should have, I'd imagine he'd be more likely to as well if any of them looked like they'd any confidence (barring Brewster).

Was still on target, and a rare occasion we seem to find a striker in any kind of space with the ball in the area.
True, strikers live on confidence , when it drops the goal drought comes.
He did the same second half, extra touches and the chance is gone. Obviously he's not alone in that.

McBurnie is thus far a very expensive Darius Henderson.

We need to get to the byline and feed crosses for mcburnie. If you pay £18 mill for a striker you need to play to his strengths. Since he’s signed we haven’t. Simple. Our problem isn’t strikers are problem is that our midfield three is simply not good enough. Not athletic, tenacious or able to provide the quality of service you need in the prem. we need 3/4 new cm’s in the summer

Brewster to start definately. he has great timing - the kid just needs a break and a goal.

Quite prepared to see McB start - but if I was McB I would seriously consider leaving United - he'll get absolutely crucified next season if his abject performances up to date are repeated at a lower level.

For McB to succeed he needs balls in the box on a regular basis - if we continue to try and work the ball to be of a perfect delivery (in others words, piss around with it) then mcB still won't get the service and he will struggle.

We simply do not play like Swansea, so in a small way I feel for McB.

Personally, I'd engineer a move away.

UTB
Yep.

Absolutely 😀👍.

UTB

i said last week i would take 10m for mcburnie ive changed my mind make it 5m he will do nothing in the championship and will end up in league
Unfortunately that’s not true. I’ve just checked and apart from that one season for Swansea in 2018-19 when he scored 22 goals he’s been crap all his career. On the basis of that one season we payed £17.5-£20m for him.

Jesus.
Oh and the season before when he scored 9 in 17 at Barnsley and got player of the season although only there 2nd part of season, the rest of the time he was in and out of 1st teams and playing u23 football where he was voted u23 prem league player of season at the highest u23 league out all the top clubs! Then of course at u18 level he was banging in goals all over the place. Then when he went to Newport on loan and scored a hat trick on his debut and of course when he went on loan to Chester as a teenager near the end of the season and sent them on a winning run that carried them from relegation candidates to challenging for promotion. Even last season joint top scorer in a team that finished in the top half of the prem. This season his service has been non existent the only time he usually gets a ball in the box is his own where he generally wins the header to make the clearance. Good to see though you’ve checked the facts and know what you’re talking about!

Oh and the season before when he scored 9 in 17 at Barnsley and got player of the season although only there 2nd part of season, the rest of the time he was in and out of 1st teams and playing u23 football where he was voted u23 prem league player of season at the highest u23 league out all the top clubs! Then of course at u18 level he was banging in goals all over the place. Then when he went to Newport on loan and scored a hat trick on his debut and of course when he went on loan to Chester as a teenager near the end of the season and sent them on a winning run that carried them from relegation candidates to challenging for promotion. Even last season joint top scorer in a team that finished in the top half of the prem. This season his service has been non existent the only time he usually gets a ball in the box is his own where he generally wins the header to make the clearance. Good to see though you’ve checked the facts and know what you’re talking about!
hes crap

How’s about this for a “fact” fella ?

Must be a typo eh ?!

UTB

I think that is a bit unfair.
The whole team are - although Ramsdale, who was l, now isn’t.
It’s not it’s the truth, of course the whole team have disappointed that’s why we sit fair and square at the bottom. Throughout the season every single player as had a shocker or two, but c’mon McB has been to put it kindly atrocious, defend him with what he did at Swansea, defend him by saying service appalling, defend him by saying we don’t play to his strengths.

But unless your his family and you feel you have to, or your one of his jerk mates and paid to say good things, then if you say it as you see it, he looks very very league 1 at best to me. I wish it wasn’t true myself but sorry stop kidding yourself the truth is very apparent he is CRAP.

Brewster and McGoldrick for me next season - youth and experience. Brewster needs someone with confidence next to him and who can create chances and link up.

Brewster and McGoldrick for me next season - youth and experience. Brewster needs someone with confidence next to him and who can create chances and link up.
Whilst I think they’d play some lovely football together as didsy is a very intelligent player and I’ve seen some flashes of good link play from Brewster I’d be concerned with them as a pairing as both seem like second strikers to me dropping off to find pockets of space or making secondary runs into the box neither are line leaders to occupy both centrebacks and generate that space behind them.

Whilst I think they’d play some lovely football together as didsy is a very intelligent player and I’ve seen some flashes of good link play from Brewster I’d be concerned with them as a pairing as both seem like second strikers to me dropping off to find pockets of space or making secondary runs into the box neither are line leaders to occupy both centrebacks and generate that space behind them.
McGoldrick and Sharp it is then! 😂

Back
Top Bottom