Biggest rivals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wincobank S9 Blade

Wincobank blade
Reaction score
So who’s our top rivals after the obvious Sheffield Wednesday.

My top 5:

1.SWFC
2.Leeds
3.Forest
4.Barnsley
5.Hull

Think the first 2 will be in most people’s list but be interesting to see who you’ve got 3,4 and 5.

Hull based on what? The fact they think we hate them when we actually couldn't give a fuck about them?
I’ll be honest I was pinching at straws with 5th choice. I picked Hull as they’re a Yorkshire club and we’ve had a few decent matches against them more so than others however I could easily be convinced for another club tbh.

My top 5:

1.SWFC
2.Leeds
3.Forest
4.Barnsley
5.Hull

Think the first 2 will be in most people’s list but be interesting to see who you’ve got 3,4 and 5.

Id agree with the top four. Probably West Ham in 5th place for me. We've had some good games with them over the years and I do genuinely dislike losing to them (not that I give them any thoughts whatsoever when we aren't playing them). But WHU get 5th place for me after the same first four in that order.

Id agree with the top four. Probably West Ham in 5th place for me. We've had some good games with them over the years and I do genuinely dislike losing to them (not that I give them any thoughts whatsoever when we aren't playing them). But WHU get 5th place for me after the same first four in that order.
Good shout actually West Ham

Clubs I hate

Pigs
Forest
and Leeds to a lesser extent

not rivals but clubs I like to see fail

Norwich
MK Dons
Bristol City
Stoke
Wycombe
Yeah that’s what I meant by the thread tbh not so much rivals but who you dislike.

Wycombe is very left field but each to their own

My top 5:

1.SWFC
2.Leeds
3.Forest
4.Barnsley
5.Hull

Rivals - pigs.

Can’t stand Forest and Leeds but not a rivalry as such.

Other clubs on the shit list with in the past with varying degrees of antipathy - West Ham, Bolton, Coventry, Ipswich, Liverpool, Barnsley, Norwich, Wrexham. Think we all hated Palace for a season or two as well.

West Brom after the Battle of BL although really hard to give a shit about that any more.

Last edited:

Knowing plenty of Leeds, Forest and Hammers fans, none of them see us as a “rival” unless we are playing them. (These are real people not internet trolls).

The trouble between Forest and us goes back to the late sixties, don’t know why, long before the strike. Hull probably after the game at BL in our promotion season under John Harris and raised its head again at soul all nighters early eighties.

Personally, after seeing some of the things Forest have done over the years, they are by far the scummiest fans around. As well as Dog Nonces.

Haha why Portsmouth out of interest?

Closest I got to a pummelling at a footy match. Before and after!

A group chased me before the game and I only just managed to escape. Then they chased our minibus up the motorway out of Portsmouth for about 20 miles swinging a crow bar at us out of the window before turning back!
I was still looking over my shoulder when I got dropped off at home in Ecclesfield 😂

Rivals or hatred? Pigs haven't been "rivals" for years. Leeds were but we shut them up when basham arrived.

Id say forest for me - especially hatred wise. Obviously next season will see 4 games against our closest neighbours so I'm sure they'll all be spicy nil nil affairs

Rivals or hatred? Pigs haven't been "rivals" for years. Leeds were but we shut them up when basham arrived.

Id say forest for me - especially hatred wise. Obviously next season will see 4 games against our closest neighbours so I'm sure they'll all be spicy nil nil affairs
As much as I hate to say it, with the points deduction Leeds and the pigs are currently above us in the league.

As for my list, I’d go…

Pigs
Leeds
Forest
Barnsley
West Ham

I think a rivalry has to be mutual.

There seems to be antipathy between some Forest and some Blades fans

Pretty sure Leeds don’t see us as rivals, they’re too focussed on their deluded one sided rivalry with Man Utd.

Barnsley hate Sheffield clubs, but apart from me not sure anyone else hates Barnsley

I really do like to laugh at SWFC and take so much joy from their misfortunes. But living and working within in the six fingered triangle of Alfreton, Derby and Nottingham, so much of my vitriol is mainly reserved for the Scabs by country mile. But I would also venture to say my dislike of Derby probably just about eclipses the natural distain for Leeds.

Forest have overtaken Leeds in my “I think you’re cunts” list recently. But Wednesday are our main rivals, never be overtaken.

If it comes down to hatred then Forest have had a period above Wednesday for me over the last few years. Those cunts really have made me see how two clubs from separate city's can become fierce rivals. Some of the shit their dog nonce fans have pulled over the last couple of years has been nothing short of a disgrace to football.

I don’t particularly dislike Leeds like a lot do. I’m not old enough to remember Revie’s Leeds or even the after effects of it so dont have any dislike from that. My first experience of playing Leeds was the year we beat them in both cups in 02/03 and we’ve largely had the upper hand in the head to heads ever since then. I also think the delusions of grandeur derby with Wednesday is bigger to them.

Other than Wednesday I genuinely cant think of another team who I would deem as rivals per se. We have the local derbies but again I think all the clubs round here dislike Wednesday far more than they do us so maybe it doesnt have the same needle.

Back
Top Bottom