Top 5 players this season (that aren't on loan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
Based on this seasons performances, who are you top 5 Blades players that aren't on loan or due to transfer back to Villa?

For me it's:

1. Baldock
2. Brooks
3. Robinson
4. Souza
5. McBurnie

I can only conclude I've nailed the top 5 to such a degree that no one else wishes to challenge...

Don't we need 11 though.

With another 11 to cover injuries and rotation.

1. Brewster (best 26 touches in club history, definitely a top player in there hiding very very well)
2. Osborn (we won when he played once)
3. Adam Davies (only keeper not to let loads of goals in).
4. Tom Davies (he’s not Norwood or Hamer)
5. Holgate (just the kind of experienced PL player we need)

1. Brewster (best 26 touches in club history, definitely a top player in there hiding very very well)
Osborn seems to be having a very good season, which is convenient as his contract is nearly up! 🤔

Had abit of a soft spot for him I thought he was just naturally not very good.

Osborn seems to be having a very good season, which is convenient as his contract is nearly up! 🤔

Had abit of a soft spot for him I thought he was just naturally not very good.
I mock Osborn, but actually he’s been more effective than most this season when called upon.

He’s absolutely not what we need in the starting 11 in the Championship, but when we’re just chasing opponents around and have 20%-30% possession most weeks he’s not a bad option to have.

1. Brooks. Even though I thought he was class against Spurs last season I was surprised at how good he played in those first few games under Wilder.
2. Robinson. Defence has rightly taken some pelters this season but he might be the only one who doesn't hide or stop trying.
3. Souza. Not great this season but has improved under Wilder.
4. McAtee. Stepped up to the level and showed that he is PL ready, even if he isn't ready for Man City's team.
5. Osborn. Steady when needed. Never thought I would see that from him this season, especially after missing parts of the last 2 seasons through injury.

1. Brooks. Even though I thought he was class against Spurs last season I was surprised at how good he played in those first few games under Wilder.
2. Robinson. Defence has rightly taken some pelters this season but he might be the only one who doesn't hide or stop trying.
3. Souza. Not great this season but has improved under Wilder.
4. McAtee. Stepped up to the level and showed that he is PL ready, even if he isn't ready for Man City's team.
5. Osborn. Steady when needed. Never thought I would see that from him this season, especially after missing parts of the last 2 seasons through injury.
You can't have McAtee as he's a loan. Pick another 😊

Based on this seasons performances, who are you top 5 Blades players that aren't on loan or due to transfer back to Villa?

For me it's:

1. Baldock
2. Brooks
3. Robinson
4. Souza
5. McBurnie
I'm afraid you have to cut it off at 3.
There's no way Souza or McWanker can be in a 'top' list

I'm afraid you have to cut it off at 3.
There's no way Souza or McWanker can be in a 'top' list

I had to make it 5 so I could later illustrate how disappointing a signing Hamer is that he cant make any top 5 list even after excluding loans & archer.

1. Robinson
2. Baldock
3. McBurnie
4. Osborn
5. Bogle

All you can do is pick the very few who haven't disgraced themselves. Bogle can consider himself lucky though

Shame that Larouchi doesn’t qualify as he’s a loan , since he recently broke the club record for the running backwards 80 yards sprint .

To put this in context , the previous holder of this title was the unforgettable Jay McEveley …….

1) Robinson (even Wilder admitted he's the only one with consistency)
2) Osborn (Gives it his all)
3) Baldock (would have been number 2 if not injured)
4) Brooks (has his ups and downs but can't really ask for more from youngster thrown in at deep end)
5 Arblaster (simply because he hasn't done anything wrong in few mins on pitch and none of the others deserve to be on the list)

We've reduced the quality of the squad so much that one of our previously 'OK' players that we couldn't rely on thru injury, McBurnie, is now one of our best players, who we now can't rely on thru injury, or form, but in a division above.

That epitomises this season for me.

Baldock
Robinson
Brooks
Souza - Inconsistent but has shown flashes of a very good player
Hamer - may have been disappointing but without him we have no attack. Most chances created by a mile

1. Ball boys/girls
2. Mascots
3. Pigeons
4. Carl Asaba
5. The wind

Baldock
Robinson
Brooks
Souza - Inconsistent but has shown flashes of a very good player
Hamer - may have been disappointing but without him we have no attack. Most chances created by a mile

A tactic to try with Hamer is wait until he's done his "good thing" for the match, then immediately sub him off safe in the knowledge he was about to go awol.

You can't have McAtee as he's a loan. Pick another 😊
Yeah, Id already posted before realising that it was meant to be permanent players only. Would probably swap him for Mcburnie as he is our joint top scorer in the league alongside Archer.

Back
Top Bottom