Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you aren't in the room to ensure the questions are worded correctly and then followed up it's a waste of time.
You can sit on stage and give stock answers to deflect far too easy, but I doubt the vast majority in the room will have sat down and worked out their question, the likely responses and counter points, so it'll be an hour of no real benefit.

Are we buying players next year? Yeah we'll be busy in the transfer market and we're already talking about targets, but it's not just as easy as wanting a player to sign.
What's happening with the training group? Well we've just given a big announcement that we're all excited about and is a huge step forward for us as a club, showing a huge commitment from the owner.
What's happening with the Manager? It wouldn't be right for me to get into details but Chris has been out talking to the Prince face to face, and decision will be made and shared in due course.
What has this season been such a shit show? We're operating in a difficult market and Paul did an excellent job getting us promoted but the start to the season highlighted that we needed to go in a different direction. In fairness to Chris, he's then having to work with what he's got......

It's all too fucking easy.
That’s exactly how it will go. A chance for him to put out some positive news or spin on this disaster of a season, just in time for season ticket renewals.

He'll probably pull a hamstring on the way to the studio and pull out😄

So long as the new Mr bore (Brian the Freebie Blade)Michael FFS is 1 of the hand picked callers(poor mans johnny Vegas voice )gets to blow smoke up Bettis arse and as you say waffle on it will be an amazing show 🙄🤥😬😬😬
Yeah same old with Michael.... 'I agree', 'Correct' second only to Tom the Chezzie fan ..... help 😥

The fact they're letting Wilder remain in charge of recruitment scares the life out of me, not that I'm expecting him to have any money to waste in the summer, after all Slav was given none despite parachute payments, and Hecky was only given enough to sign Anel the following season.

I suppose it'll be back to statements about wanting to go back up as quickly as possible whilst not giving the manager the resources or players to achieve this, other than spunking money on season long Premier League loan players who leave us short in those positions when they go back at the end of the season.

I imagine the same old end of season "We made mistakes but we're learning" statement will rear it's familiar head again come the end of next season.

This club badly needs to enter the 21st century. We need a director of football badly. I can only think that the only reason we're not going down this route is because Wilder refuses to work with one, like he did last time round, and he's set an ultimatum of hire a DOF and I walk. Well let him walk then. He shouldn't be allowed to spend another penny of this club's money after two summers of absymal big money wastage on utter crap last time round, and Mason "too s**t for relegation rivals Everton and promption chasing Soton" Holgate this season.

Let him coach the team and let someone else recruit players and deals with transfers and contracts. Wilder cannot be trusted.

Answer : no, it is not detrimental.
The strategy has to be long term. The plan to deliver the strategy has to be medium term. The people charged with successfully delivering the plan can be short term/medium term/long term, based on evidence of their successful performance.
Bettis on the squad rebuild today: "the club are of the opinion that Chris Wilder, in this instance, will and should have a major say in bringing in players and that adding another person on top of the Head of Recruitment may only serve to complicate matters."

So given that Wilder is having such a "major say" and it's such a huge squad rebuild, then surely it warrants asking if its wise to only have one year left on the managers contract?

Bettis on the squad rebuild today: "the club are of the opinion that Chris Wilder, in this instance, will and should have a major say in bringing in players and that adding another person on top of the Head of Recruitment may only serve to complicate matters."

So given that Wilder is having such a "major say" and it's such a huge squad rebuild, then surely it warrants asking if its wise to only have one year left on the managers contract?
Because he isn’t likely to be going anywhere.
If he’s staying I’d expect a new deal to be signing come the summer. Probably why he’s talking to the Prince.

Hopefully we have a clear view on planning permission and are quietly confident/have some insight into it being possible. Could be an expensive purchase for nothing otherwise.

Nah. If it comes to pass, Prince will have been “lucky” again.

Why do United fans always look back rather than forwards? You can't change the past but you can change the future, what we can do is learn from the past and not do the same mistakes in future.
We don’t seem to learn from our mistakes though do we

Snek said that? Good news if so, as long as Kev isn’t claiming oil and gold deposits underneath to push up the price.

He's said that the plot behind the kop can't be developed without agreement from the club, then the corner plot is less viable now for some reason, the land is up for sale and we're looking to buy both plots.

No investment/takeover talk?
Ish nothing concrete in it either way although he said if something is going to happen it will happen early this summer
He's said that the plot behind the kop can't be developed without agreement from the club, then the corner plot is less viable now for some reason, the land is up for sale and we're looking to buy both plots.
The less viable part was him just speculating on the fact nothing has been built on it yet tbf. Seemed a little silly to say imo especially if the club and McCabe aren't on great terms but are perhaps looking to buy stuff off him!

The fact they're letting Wilder remain in charge of recruitment scares the life out of me, not that I'm expecting him to have any money to waste in the summer, after all Slav was given none despite parachute payments, and Hecky was only given enough to sign Anel the following season.

I suppose it'll be back to statements about wanting to go back up as quickly as possible whilst not giving the manager the resources or players to achieve this, other than spunking money on season long Premier League loan players who leave us short in those positions when they go back at the end of the season.

I imagine the same old end of season "We made mistakes but we're learning" statement will rear it's familiar head again come the end of next season.

This club badly needs to enter the 21st century. We need a director of football badly. I can only think that the only reason we're not going down this route is because Wilder refuses to work with one, like he did last time round, and he's set an ultimatum of hire a DOF and I walk. Well let him walk then. He shouldn't be allowed to spend another penny of this club's money after two summers of absymal big money wastage on utter crap last time round, and Mason "too s**t for relegation rivals Everton and promption chasing Soton" Holgate this season.

Let him coach the team and let someone else recruit players and deals with transfers and contracts. Wilder cannot be trusted.
Wilders got no bargaining power now, so he cannot threaten anybody, he's not stupid though he knows the next stop for him is down so he's got to tow the Abdullah line.

Presumably the plot is up for sale with planning permission in place for a number of flats. So if the club are interested then they have to offer more than any builder / developer that might want to pay to build it out….and then hope that Scarborough are more interested in money than grudges. Time will tell.

I really hope Staton concentrates on todays relevant issues and not the past. Including not in any particular order;

1. The current financial position following publishing of the 22/23 accounts.
2. The sale of the club. Have the agents managing the sale identified potential buyers. Updated timescale for sale?
3. Where are we with update on the independent review of injury management?
4. Provide more details on the purchase of the land at Dore. Expected timescale for completion of the whole project.
5. New investment. Any on the Horizon?
6. What came out of the Saudi meeting? Were plans revised? Does SB's statement last year we would only need to sell one player on relegation still hold?
7. What does a review of the recruitment process entail following Paul Mitchells departure. Are we intending to replace the Head of Recruitment position or are we going down a different route?

It worked well last time. Preferably no callers just a q and a session.
Think Rob Staton has been viewing S24su for the questions today. Highest praise has to go whoever pulled the phones out of their sockets.

Credit to SB again for speaking to RS rather than using the banal you tube bloggers.

In answer to my points in previous post same number order;

1. The loss of £32m was made up mostly player amortisation of £22m. Not sure if that is accurate without a thorough review of the accounts.

2. SB does not have any direct involvement in the sale of the Club. Doubt any other organisation would keep their CEO at arms length in this fashion when a sale is to occur. Questions about valuations, lack of due diligence and late appointment of Lazards could not be answered.

3. There have been 2 independent reviews of injury management both have been inconclusive. Although the change of the training pitches to Desso may have contributed to recent injuries because of the harder surface.

4. SUFC have paid a deposit and will own the HSBC land not lease it. Estimated cost of new building will be £8-10 million plus cost of land (rumoured to be in the region of £2m).

5. As with 2. SB not involved so can't comment on new investment. Was asked a good question "Does the Prince still want to sell and why does he want to stay in part as this may hinder a sale. The response suggested PA was keen to stay in part.

6. Saudi meeting not touched upon so no answers about selling assets which was asked as part of a question at the beginning but not answered.

7. As mentioned earlier in the day. No prospect of a Sporting Director. CW will take on involvement in recruitment process. Head of Recruitment position will be replaced. Sounds like a return to past arrangements that came crashing down. We will still use the overseas market.

Presumably the plot is up for sale with planning permission in place for a number of flats. So if the club are interested then they have to offer more than any builder / developer that might want to pay to build it out….and then hope that Scarborough are more interested in money than grudges. Time will tell.
Cutlers Holdings are being wound up. Joint liquidators at Moorfields solicitors have authority for asset sales. If SUFC want to buy the land then dealing direct with a third party may smooth any purchase.

Back
Top Bottom