CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

such a side step move. Can't see it personally

£12 mill

If thats the price that we would be offered then I hope we let him go. Rather it wasn't to Burnley but if he won't sign a new contract then £12m should come in very useful. Transition time now and we need to think about the future rather than watching assets walk out for nothing in 12 months time. We should perhaps ask for a bit more as a just before the season starts tax.

Trouble is I have no confidence that we will use the money to buy the 5 or 6 quality players that we need asap.

Honestly I'm fine with it. I can't see him helping Burnley particularly. He's such a niche player he didn't help us half the time. I love him but I don't think I'll miss him.

Recoup some of the money we paid, also must be our highest earner.

I say all that with the trust(!) that we'll buy multiple players to replace him!

Honestly I'm fine with it. I can't see him helping Burnley particularly. He's such a niche player he didn't help us half the time. I love him but I don't think I'll miss him.

Recoup some of the money we paid, also must be our highest earner.

I say all that with the trust(!) that we'll buy multiple players to replace him!
No player worth their salt will join a team that look like they'll get less than 10 points all season. It's a career killer

No player worth their salt will join a team that look like they'll get less than 10 points all season. It's a career killer
Not exactly true. Plenty of players would love to get even close to the Premier League.

We're hardly attracting top/proven players anyway.

If we replace him with Hamer for 12mill (reported fee) then I don't mind that. Still leaves us with lots of business to do.

Personally think that's a bit of a side step of a move. They will do better than us this season IMO, probably stay up and they play better football. So short term that's an improvement but he would be better off trying to go to a club that are in or around Europa comp. If he's tied in for 4 years then he might find himself back in the champ next season/season after.

PA has resigned himself to us getting relegated - that much was clear from the Sheff United Way interview at the weekend.
His policy going forward is to buy lots of young players with potential and hope that Hecky can magically mould them into a successful team.
It looks like any half decent or already etsablished players (Souza, Tillman, the first choice LCB, etc.) have already fucked us off 😐

We may as well just abdicate the season.

Honestly just take a 3-0 defeat each week and it’ll be less embarrassing than this.

I’d be ok selling if I could see us actually bringing any players in - but we won’t

If we replace him with Hamer for 12mill (reported fee) then I don't mind that. Still leaves us with lots of business to do.

Personally think that's a bit of a side step of a move. They will do better than us this season IMO, probably stay up and they play better football. So short term that's an improvement but he would be better off trying to go to a club that are in or around Europa comp. If he's tied in for 4 years then he might find himself back in the champ next season/season after.
More chance of us signing Justin Haber again than Hamer.

Apart from they have an owner with a vision

And currently we have zero vision or ambition, an owner who is desperate to sell and will not back the manager who is holding things together with his finger nails.

Unfortunately All our current issues start in the boardroom

Why do we never just make a stance and put a ridiculous value on our players? 28 million and you can have him, except we give clubs deals which seem to just fuck us over.

I’ve given a bit of tap for folks being negative, but if this happens for that price it’s completely indefensible.

I'd be amazed if Sander was remotely interested.

However from what the Prince stated, a player coming in on a 3 or 4 year deal vs a player running his deal down to leave for nothing would be in keeping with what he said during his latest interview.

Window ends September 1st. September 2nd will be the time to evaluate if it all made sense.

Either way, we should all get behind the Blades and new Captain Ben Osborn 😁

Back
Top Bottom