CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Going to miss Sander, proper nice lad who I think would thrive in a team who will have the ball a lot (although I don’t think Burnley will be like that this year - strange career choice for me as I reckon if they stay up Kompany could get poached).

I personally think we need a midfield/team full of complete bastards to have any chance of staying up this year. And Berge wasn’t that type of player. Good luck to him 👍🏼
Feels like a slightly different platform to try and get a move elsewhere.

Can't imagine Burnley being seen as his final destination.

(Just noticed I've had 4 consecutive posts. It's 11am in Asia and 4am in Europe so just working through the backlog 😁)

Reactions: RWE

he has been an underwhelming signing for a long time.

Silent Blade I've never known you to be so negative about anything Sheffield United related including players both past and present EVER!

I knew CaptainMorgans would eventually turn you.

Please report to the clubhouse 10AM sharp to receive your negativity badge

Certainly think it's a decent bit of business tbh. Why he'd want to go to to Burnley I'll never know and that he fact no top clubs here or in Europe bought him speaks volumes that maybe he wasn't that good.

Very inconsistent but I'll admit some moments of brilliance albeit few & far between.

He'll be closer to his bestie Haaland now (assuming he moves to Manchester and not Burnley!)

I'd have much rather kept Berge, his eye catching performances weren't always frequent, but I thought we always a better side when he was playing.
I think we'll miss him more than a lot of folk realise, but circumstances are what they are and if the 15m quoted is correct that's good money, IF it represents good value will entirely depend on if/how it's reinvented.

Silent Blade I've never known you to be so negative about anything Sheffield United related including players both past and present EVER!

I knew CaptainMorgans would eventually turn you.

Please report to the clubhouse 10AM sharp to receive your negativity badge
I dont spread negativity about our current players in here. My son and my friends at matches know the current players that I do not rate but I dont boo them at matches but quite often they see me how frustrated I am about them.

I have posted criticism about past players in here several times. I have been waiting since 2020 before posting in here what I thought of Berge as a player.

I dont spread negativity about our current players in here. My son and my friends at matches know the current players that I do not rate but I dont boo them at matches but quite often they see me how frustrated I am about them.

I have posted criticism about past players in here several times. I have been waiting since 2020 before posting in here what I thought of Berge as a player.

You waited until he left? Is that because it fits you defending the clubs decision. Nobody will ever know

I'm so confused by what has apparently happened here and what princey said in that interview the other day.

He likes to have players get down to their final year in the their contract as he believes they 'play harder' to gain a new contract. But then if the player decides they want to leave on a bosman, then they get frozen out of the team?? Seems a bit counterintuitive to me

That contract thing of his is honestly one of the most fucking stupid things I’ve ever heard. Club should be protecting its assets. It may not be his ‘fault’ as such that players wont sign a contract but by all accounts Ndiaye was ready to sign. If the Prince had pulled his finger out early doors we either keep him or the price of a transfer is £30 million+

I also found that a very compelling way of putting it. It’s hard to argue against.
That contract thing of his is honestly one of the most fucking stupid things I’ve ever heard. Club should be protecting its assets. It may not be his ‘fault’ as such that players wont sign a contract but by all accounts Ndiaye was ready to sign. If the Prince had pulled his finger out early doors we either keep him or the price of a transfer is £30 million+
The contract Ndiaye agreed to was not honoured

The contract Ndiaye agreed to was not honoured
30 million agreed it should have been dealt with months ago but 30 million

Just read the replies to his Instagram post.

Wow don't we have some pathetic cunts amongst us.

The replies from our players should tell people how highly he was thought of as a player and a person.

If you're not a fan of him as a player fine, but what drives someone to post disrespectful shit on a post where he's respectfully saying thanks and bye.

Seemed a genuinely nice guy that could be brilliant at times on the day (but never quite consistently so). Shame to see him leave as he looked pretty good during preseason and also vs. City in the FA cup, but if he was never going to renew his contract then the angle of viewing it as 'would we have paid £12m+ for a 1 year loan for him?' helps. Anyway good luck to Sander and I'll need to change my profile pic! All about the reinvestment now.
He wanted to stay but the clown prince threatened that if he didn't go to Burnley he wouldn't be selected for us. Good luck to him and any other players who choose to get out of his clutches!

Not going to get shirty about him going..The fans have probably been 50/50 about Berges ability. He's been slated as much as he's been praised. Possibly 4 more to come in to the club and if we can snatch Hamer we will be better off with this change

As much as I'm labelled as negative on here, I'm the same. I go to the games, have a few beers, usually at the back of the Kop with my mates and I get behind the lads.

I'm rarely negative about individual players (even on here) but I am very down on what's going on above them.

I always really liked Berge but at times he was difficult to defend last season. We all know what he can and can't (won't) do.
He has all the tools to be a success and maybe it will click for him elsewhere.
I do know that we have lost one of our only players that could conjure something special up in a tight game. We've lost all of our players that were able to beat a man in a 1 v 1 and create something.

Just disappointed we won't get to see our best team from last season making a fist of it in the PL because with a tight defence and McAtee, Berge and Ndiaye on the pitch you're always likely to have a strong chance in most games.

I like how his inconsistency is being targeted now as him being generally shit and good riddance etc.

He was one of a few who could make something happen. We lost that. He’ll now show those creative moments for a direct competitor.

I understand getting a fee etc, but this is awful business on the back of Ndiaye going.

The morale in the camp must be rock bottom right now, and it’s down to untested signings from abroad to try and give us a lift.

By god we’re gonna need it now.

Personally I’m gutted he’s gone, good luck to him and his future career.

A luxury player who could look fantastic on occasion but useless in the air and didn’t / couldn’t tackle. Vini may be a better option for a battle

All fine and much needed, but his stats show going forward isn’t a strength.

No Berge, Ndiaye, McAtee…where’s that coming from?

Our next signing is crucial.

we are in a worse position now then when the window started … still need at least 6 signings.

Starting fixtures were kind but we now messed that up.

Will be way behind by windows close.

Get 12 points and be grateful.

Its a funny old game is football for me, I don't know if its because I grew up watching the teams of the 90/00's as my youth era
4-4-2 formations and defensive play with hoof style tactics etc. It definitely wasn't pretty to watch but when we got results/Cup runs against decent sides, we have been at our best in a fast pace hostile type of environment. Bramall Lane wakes up when the fans can see players putting in an effort. Going into this campaign we definitely need to tighten the defence which we seemly have done, it would have been great to have Ndiaye and Berge creating chances however still no natural proven Premiership goal scorer. Its alright them creating chances and even if they scored a couple we could be shipping 3 in like we did against Stuttgart and still losing. The attack does need improvement even the "creativity department" does too. However being known as a team who defends hard and well is a good start. Bizarrely 38 draws (I know could be boring) would have seen us in 16th last season.

I like how his inconsistency is being targeted now as him being generally shit and good riddance etc.

He was one of a few who could make something happen. We lost that. He’ll now show those creative moments for a direct competitor.

I understand getting a fee etc, but this is awful business on the back of Ndiaye going.

The morale in the camp must be rock bottom right now, and it’s down to untested signings from abroad to try and give us a lift.

By god we’re gonna need it now.

Personally I’m gutted he’s gone, good luck to him and his future career.
Seven of the team who beat Palace on the first day 2017 are still here. That's two thirds of a starting 11 . And there's more to come

Seem to remember not so great reviews earlier this season & certainly before a long injury layoff. Perhaps PH requires consistency & durability over an unproved talent (in the Premiership). Rather surprised that Burnley are the possible destination though.

I'd like to thank Sander Berge for his contributions to the Blades.
He's a silky player to watch when on the ball and on it. I think he needs to work on putting more steel into his game and his personality to progress much further, but I wish him well.
We've recouped most of his initial (record?) fee, and had some good moments out of him.
Favourite memory is a post on Roy's view from about him playing in his dinner jacket. If he takes that DJ off and gets stuck in more, he'll be a much stronger player.
Good luck Sander. He seems a thoroughly nice bloke. I'm not sure I'd want to nail my colours to the SUFC mast in the current situation with more money available elsewhere and best players being moved on.

Very occasional player. Very slow. Very inconsistent. Didn’t get stuck in. Never really fit into our way of playing. We need the exact opposite of all of the above. If we can reinvest it all into other players, iam glad he has gone. I take this as a positive move.

At least two players at the top of our list to replace Ndiaye have either gone elsewhere or don't want to come here.

Look at Boro - they're not selling Akpom until they've SIGNED a replacement.
Presumably the difference is they have the money in the bank to be able to do it that way around and we don't?

Back
Top Bottom