CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have to say I thought BBD played well today, made some good inside runs from that left side. Not bad with his feet as well. Dropped off a little towards the end but that was expected since he has hardly played. UTB.

His spacial awareness and dropping Into pockets of space between the lines is something we've been missing this season.

Really benefited Hamer to have someone to pass to.

I criticised him in the cup game but happy to say he did a lot more right than wrong today. A couple of heavy touches and an awful shot when he was through on goal but his movement, link up play and first goal was all good.

Last edited:
I hope him and McBurnie can be together for us next season because they'll be a real handful and probably a good partnership

Terrific first half. Mobile, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. And a very good finish for his goal.

Fantastic today, id love to keep him here, Princey, get tha wallet aart.

After a very dodgy debit, he looked decent today. Allowed us to keep and carry the ball further up field, which is something we've been desperately short of.

Best not to get carried away though as West Ham were really, really poor.

Early days I know but I’ve seen enough of Diaz when at Blackburn and now seeing him against PL opposition, that I hope we can find the money to sign him permanently.

Either way, PL or Championsip, at 24 he’ll be an asset for us imo

Did well against whu, but lets see more of him before we rush into things. He filled the left side berth very well and his runs were good, lets hope it continues

His runs in behind were excellent and noticeably missing when he was replaced by Archer. The only thing I didn't get was he seems to have a decent turn of pace (notice the breakaway for the 1 on 1) but never really looked to take on/go at the full back with the ball - perhaps instruction, perhaps confidence but I would think he has the pace, ability and physical presence to cause plenty of fullbacks an issue in this league

Reminds me a bit of didsy, a silky player at times....... The Chilean silk worm

If he does well to the end of the season it's a shame he won't be staying with us unless we do the incredible and stay up. I wonder why we couldn't secure a loan to buy or maybe the player did t want that given our current position.

Alright Blades,

Thought I'd register on here as I have a special interest in young BBD.. I'm a Stoke fan living in Chile for the past 18 years, following the local football all that time through thick and thin, and completely bewildered a couple of years ago by the fact that a kid who grew up about 3 miles from me in Stoke-on-Trent was suddenly playing and scoring important goals for the national team.. For a time he was a complete sensation on Chilean social media. Absolutely bizarre. That's faded slightly but he's still incredibly popular here.

Anyway I generally follow his career quite closely and harbour a small hope that he'll end up with us one day. He and his family are all big Stoke fans.. we'll obviously have to get our act together if that's going to happen any time soon (unlikely then). Do you think you'll have any chance of signing permanently - I guess not really if you go down? Or maybe if you can still offer him a good contract with parachute money.. was great to see him bag a goal on his PL debut. First goal in a long while, he's struggled both with Villarreal and in the Chile team. They have a new manager now so we'll have to see if he fancies him or not.

Anyway cheers and best of luck, wishing you and Ben well for the season.

Alright Blades,

Thought I'd register on here as I have a special interest in young BBD.. I'm a Stoke fan living in Chile for the past 18 years, following the local football all that time through thick and thin, and completely bewildered a couple of years ago by the fact that a kid who grew up about 3 miles from me in Stoke-on-Trent was suddenly playing and scoring important goals for the national team.. For a time he was a complete sensation on Chilean social media. Absolutely bizarre. That's faded slightly but he's still incredibly popular here.

Anyway I generally follow his career quite closely and harbour a small hope that he'll end up with us one day. He and his family are all big Stoke fans.. we'll obviously have to get our act together if that's going to happen any time soon (unlikely then). Do you think you'll have any chance of signing permanently - I guess not really if you go down? Or maybe if you can still offer him a good contract with parachute money.. was great to see him bag a goal on his PL debut. First goal in a long while, he's struggled both with Villarreal and in the Chile team. They have a new manager now so we'll have to see if he fancies him or not.

Welcome to the board!

So far he has been given only positive wibes and I also hope he does well nad enjoys his time with us, as long as it lasts!

Alright Blades,

Do you think you'll have any chance of signing permanently - I guess not really if you go down?
Chris Wilder was asked the same question in today's press conference.

Gave a very cagey response and his voice seemed to go an octive higher.

I would say there may be more possibility then some may think... however probably as another loan with obligation to buy if get promoted again.

Alright Blades,

First impressions……..He‘s got a good first touch,great physicality and reads the game very well,first choice striker for me.

Welcome to the board!

So far he has been given only positive wibes and I also hope he does well nad enjoys his time with us, as long as it lasts!

Cheers! He’s a bloody hard worker and has a disarming enthusiasm which is partly what endeared him to the Chileans so much, at a time of disaffection with the old guard of the team. He really ingratiated himself with both the public and the squad, no small feat considering he barely speaks a word of the language, and I think that says something about his resolve and sense of determination.

Personally I think he’s a very decent attacking player, drives purposefully with the ball when he’s on form and has a good dose of skill and intelligence as well. Top PL defenders might prove a bit wise for him but I don’t see why he can’t still make an impact in the league. Still young as well, and the whole Chile/Spain experience won’t have done him any harm at all in terms of experience and development as a player.

Chris Wilder was asked the same question in today's press conference.

Gave a very cagey response and his voice seemed to go an octive higher.

I would say there may be more possibility then some may think... however probably as another loan with obligation to buy if get promoted again.

Perhaps he sat on the keys in his back pocket? I've done that before. I really yaled I can tell you. Yaled? Oh, please yourselves!

Why was he at Forest yesterday? Is this another Forest cheap shot. Offer to loan us players and then withdraw and ask for fees at the last minute. Destabilising BBD and make him an offer for next season? Anybody asked him or Wilder why he was there and not with the team.

Why was he at Forest yesterday? Is this another Forest cheap shot. Offer to loan us players and then withdraw and ask for fees at the last minute. Destabilising BBD and make him an offer for next season? Anybody asked him or Wilder why he was there and not with the team.
Just got a tight calf apparently.
I like the fact he watches games in his own time, even if it is those dog nonces.

They said he was a forest fan and started at there academy so probably catching up with friends. Doesn't look great though

They said he was a forest fan and started at there academy so probably catching up with friends. Doesn't look great though
Probably having treatment on his injury after that his private life is his! Dunt mean he won't be giving it his best shot when fit.He will have friends at forest just like Jack Lester at Bramall lane

Back
Top Bottom