CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Massive smack in the face for McPub!!

Let's see how he reacts!! This could be like the trick Wilder played on Duffy, in bringing in other players in his position to get him fit and playing well!

Agree.....a very similar type of player but based on what we've seen BBD is better than McBurnie.
Makes you wonder if McB will now be joining Brewster as a regular on the subs bench.

People getting excited but the problem is the age old 'number of chances created for our forwards' rather than the strikers themselves.
We've got another player of our standard (yes seems to be an upgrade on Traore) but unless we suddenly start creating more opportunities nothing will change.
Our Xg is 16.2 actual goals 15 but that Xg includes a lot of small fractions with players like Thomas and Robinson on the end of them.
As ever hope when being negative I hope I'm wrong.

Agree.....a very similar type of player but based on what we've seen BBD is better than McBurnie.
Makes you wonder if McB will now be joining Brewster as a regular on the subs bench.
One of the things I liked about Wilder in his previous reign was how often he would outline a player's place in the squad is not guaranteed but simply earned.

I've thought whilst not at his very worst McB hasn't been at his best this season so if this lights a fire under his arse to actually be the striker he should be then it's only better for us. If Ben outshines him and takes his place, he's only himself to blame, isn't like he's not had the time to solidify his place.

Gamble signing in away. He has flopped in Spain. Premi League is a different league.

This signing makes sense . More firepower up front but I think it’s based on the assumption we are going down but are assembling a squad to attack the championship next season. BD was very effective at that level . Not sure about the prem but let’s see . Definite upgrade . If we get Jebbo back on the grass with Archer should be interesting 💪🏻⚔️⚔️⚔️
Unlikely to sign for us in Championship as
If he performs Premier clubs will likely be interested (again)
Or
Villarreal give him more game time
And
SUFC have (already) stated relegation means flogging someone which strongly implies we won’t be spending (significantly?)

People getting excited but the problem is the age old 'number of chances created for our forwards' rather than the strikers themselves.
We've got another player of our standard (yes seems to be an upgrade on Traore) but unless we suddenly start creating more opportunities nothing will change.
Our Xg is 16.2 actual goals 15 but that Xg includes a lot of small fractions with players like Thomas and Robinson on the end of them.

You have to take into account this is just one signing. Wilder isnt going to stop there. We've signed a player 5 days into the transfer window. 5 days !! When was the last time we did that I cant remember. Usually we dont sign a player till 5 days before the transfer window shuts sometimes 5 minutes before it shuts. So chances are there will be another 1/2 players to give us more creativity up front.

Thats me being positive and I dont think you can be negative at this early stage of the JTW.

Massive smack in the face for McPub!!

Let's see how he reacts!! This could be like the trick Wilder played on Duffy, in bringing in other players in his position to get him fit and playing well!
For what McBurnie did at Burnley, he should be nowhere near the starting 11 if all our main forwards are fit.

You have to take into account this is just one signing. Wilder isnt going to stop there. We've signed a player 5 days into the transfer window. 5 days !! When was the last time we did that I cant remember. Usually we dont sign a player till 5 days before the transfer window shuts sometimes 5 minutes before it shuts. So chances are there will be another 1/2 players to give us more creativity up front.
I'm gonna say we pulled this off early because we were easily the biggest team interested.
You do touch on the problem which is Brereton is going to be one of 3 according to Wilder (his poker face didn't fool me I think there may be a fourth in there), if it is and we are also looking at a keeper that's 1/2 to add to the departments that really need attention midfield and defence. I don't want to be the kid who pisses himself before entering the arena but he was the one who knew the gravity of the situation.

Yes... which is why when comparing long-running xG samples sizes you need to look at what proportion of overall xG are classed as "big chances"

Missing three x 0.4 xG big chances is far worse xG-wise than missing fifteen x 0.08 cG chances

Yes... which is why when comparing long-running xG samples sizes you need to look at what proportion of overall xG are classed as "big chances"
I'm assuming an xG of 0.4 is the same for Billy Sharp as it is for Oliver Burke, in which case that should also be under consideration when looking at the stats.

Well , everyone's bigging him up on here , can I just say , Diaz has not scored in his 20 games to date for Villarreal , he will fit in nicely 🤣
Aye
& for anyone slagging him on here it may be worth putting his Villarreal record into a (repeated ad nauseum) context - hint reading the thread may assist your comprehension (but unlikely your opinion?)

Reactions: SWB
so if we sign another 4 5 or 6 things wont change so no point signing anyone ,lets not bother eh
no point getting another keeper as we will still concede some goals
its all futile

so if we sign another 4 5 or 6 things wont change so no point signing anyone ,lets not bother eh
no point getting another keeper as we will still concede some goals
its all futile
Not what I said at all and you know that :)
I hope you know that.
Did you know that?
I am saying we are looking at 3 transfers (from Wilder's mouth) and the first is for a player no better than what we already have and doesn't address any of the problems United have.

Back
Top Bottom