Baxter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ours never look sober.
hqdefault.jpg
Bob fucking Marley didn't look that stoned.

I'd reckon that the majority of football league clubs will host or allow their players some sort of piss up for Christmas, when fixtures allow.

They're football clubs, they're not under shariah law... ;)

Most clubs have a Christmas party, some are for their kids when the Ho Ho Ho man arrives with prezzies; some are for the grown ups, a contradiction in terms maybe.
Holding a shindig as far away from West Street, should have been a sound idea. If any were to get pissed, they perhaps would not be recognised, not a bad idea so far.
Unfortunately some players are like a magnet to trouble, mainly self inflicted and it is difficult to cater for the stupid.

May be Dave Bassett was right when he said that player X had the brains of a rocking horse. If such a suggestion was levelled these days at player Y, I would leap to his defence and insist that said player did not have the brains of said horse but I would give him a bucket and shovel to clean up after it.

Most clubs have a Christmas party, some are for their kids when the Ho Ho Ho man arrives with prezzies; some are for the grown ups, a contradiction in terms maybe.
Holding a shindig as far away from West Street, should have been a sound idea. If any were to get pissed, they perhaps would not be recognised, not a bad idea so far.
Unfortunately some players are like a magnet to trouble, mainly self inflicted and it is difficult to cater for the stupid.

May be Dave Bassett was right when he said that player X had the brains of a rocking horse. If such a suggestion was levelled these days at player Y, I would leap to his defence and insist that said player did not have the brains of said horse but I would give him a bucket and shovel to clean up after it.
Quite rare, rocking horse shit. Apparently.

Option A - He gave Neill Collins a right royal round of fucks at half time against Shrewsbury, was hauled off, never to be seen again

Option B - He was fighting/glassed an Accrington Stanley on the Christmas do in Dublin.

Personally I think there is more than this than meets the eye

Option A - He gave Neill Collins a right royal round of fucks at half time against Shrewsbury, was hauled off, never to be seen again

Option B - He was fighting/glassed an Accrington Stanley on the Christmas do in Dublin.

Maybe it's both A and B? He tried to glass Neill Collins and told him to fuck off to Accrington Stanley.

There must be. Club statement saying very little and some people saying he's "100% done" at the club. They probably don't want to say anything that might affect any sale value but I suspect they'll release him if they get a taker.

One of the people on Mad is a courier who has delivered stuff to Baxter in the past. He had a number to ring when he got no reply last week and Baxter's missus answered and said they were away but leave it with the neighbour (who happens to be James Wallace). I'm only repeating what he posted but why would he make anything up as convoluted as that if it wasn't his job.

It's weird, what has happened ? Anyone know ?

No charges yet ,but Irish police act differently to ours so no one will take any chances until things are clear.

A certain other ex-Blades footballer was deemed innocent until proven guilty and allowed to play until he was banged up.

One of the people on Mad is a courier who has delivered stuff to Baxter in the past. He had a number to ring when he got no reply last week and Baxter's missus answered and said they were away but leave it with the neighbour (who happens to be James Wallace).

Unfortunately, in rushing to answer the door Wallace twisted his knee, pulled his hamstring and groin, and lost 2 fingers...

As for Baxter, if we do sign any new players in the window, as well as them (1) having some physical presence and pace and (2) not being crocks, I'd also hope that they'd not behave like arseholes in public. We seem to have collected a few too many players like that in recent years.

Jose and Wallace have gone in to training this morning according to Pragueblade on BM..so could be both back in the squad at Scunny.

Jose and Wallace have gone in to training this morning according to Pragueblade on BM..so could be both back in the squad at Scunny.

I like Baxter, don't get me wrong. I would however bomb him out of the club and get some fucking discipline back. A couple of weeks off before CHristmas really showed him who was boss! Collins seems to think it's ok to play pissed every game as it is.

Would be nice to have him back in contention. Although with the way we played on Sunday I don't know how he would fit in to the side and I for one quite liked the midfield 3 of Coutts, Hammond & Basham. Coutts and Hammond are getting better game by game and whilst I think Basham is off form a bit currently, at least he has the legs to get up and down the pitch.

I like Baxter, don't get me wrong. I would however bomb him out of the club and get some fucking discipline back. A couple of weeks off before CHristmas really showed him who was boss! Collins seems to think it's ok to play pissed every game as it is.
Do we know exactly what happened though?..It could be he's only out because of an injured toe,rather than Adkins showing him who's boss for an incident at the Christmas Party...I agree about players need to show discipline,but for me,I wish we had those 2 on the pitch v Coventry at some point,and I think we would have showed up a bit more in the final third.

Che Adams against Oldham, Jose Baxter behaviour in Ireland, Coventry player in the final minute on Sunday. It's no coincidence that a ban will give them all Christmas off.

McEverley tried but as one would expect failed.

I said the exact same about McEveley. He looked desperate for a red card in the first half on Sunday the way he was flying in to tackles.

I said the exact same about McEveley. He looked desperate for a red card in the first half on Sunday the way he was flying in to tackles.
In fairness McEveley did everything right to get sent off. If only the ref had seen what the entire ground saw

In fairness McEveley did everything right to get sent off. If only the ref had seen what the entire ground saw

I bet he was livid to only get a yellow and decided to take it on the chin and have another go at getting a red card against Scunny. After all a second yellow on Sunday would only have meant him missing the Scunny game and being back for boxing day and he wouldn't want that.

Doesn't he
I bet he was livid to only get a yellow and decided to take it on the chin and have another go at getting a red card against Scunny. After all a second yellow on Sunday would only have meant him missing the Scunny game and being back for boxing day and he wouldn't want that.
Doesn't he miss the game anyway as he has five bookings ? Don't forget he actually played well on Sunday

Doesn't he

Doesn't he miss the game anyway as he has five bookings ? Don't forget he actually played well on Sunday
Just looked it up - Football league cut-off date for 5 bookings was 30 November 2015.

McEveley plays on Saturday is my bet .......................

Che Adams against Oldham, Jose Baxter behaviour in Ireland, Coventry player in the final minute on Sunday. It's no coincidence that a ban will give them all Christmas off.

McEverley tried but as one would expect failed.

Interesting but not convinced. Che was immaturity (understandable given his age) after being would up by their player.

Baxter a little bit extreme although of course it still could earn him Christmas off with free board in a rather small single room.

McEverley maybe, but believe it or not I have watched it back and it's not quite as bad as I thought. He was looking at the ball and got the faintest of touches (maybe). But, didn't appear to be intent on scything the player down.

McEveley might be shit but there's no way he'd want to get himself banned to have a bit of time off. Very few players would.

McEveley might be shit but there's no way he'd want to get himself banned to have a bit of time off. Very few players would.
I think Robbie Savage is the only one who's admitted to it

My comments about McEveley are tongue in cheek but I don't doubt for a single second that some players do it over Christmas. Quite a few ex players have commented on it in the past.

My comments about McEveley are tongue in cheek but I don't doubt for a single second that some players do it over Christmas. Quite a few ex players have commented on it in the past.
Mainly PL players though who are so rich they'll never have to work again (although about 1 in 5 go bankrupt after they quit apparently, presumably because the dumb fuckers don't understand they're not earning big money anymore). Most lower league players want to keep in the team and not risk losing their place.

Back
Top Bottom