As the media begin to fuss, I'm just going to leave this here this morning...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leeds have won a grand total of one more League title than Burnley have managed.

Also, I remember Megson say that about Wednesday being the biggest side in the North. What do these cunts think constitutes North? Yorkshire and Lancashire pit towns?

At the very, very least, the following teams are bigger than Leeds:

Newcastle
Liverpool
Everton
Manchester United
Manchester City

And where Wednesday are concerned, you can add Sunderland. And that's without getting into tedious about about our relative size, for instance.

The fact that they are a one club city is not in their favour. For a city the size of Leeds, on top of the fact that none of the surrounding towns have their own team (Castleton, Wakefield etc), their fanbase is appalling.

Compare and contrast with us and Wednesday. We're in a smaller city, split across two sides, plus all our surrounding towns have their own professional team (Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster). Leeds should have twice the crowds us or Wednesday manage.
We’re actually a bigger city, ignore this 700k nonsense, that’s the metropolitan borough not the city.

We’re actually a bigger city, ignore this 700k nonsense, that’s the metropolitan borough not the city.

Yeah I did wonder that, but then by some measures we're bigger than Manchester, which is clearly nonsense.

The point stands though, the two cities are of comparable sizes, but whereas ours is divided into two teams, with a bunch more teams dotted around, they have a major city to themselves. plus neighbours where Rugby League is the only game in town. They should be huge, they're merely quite big.

Leeds have won a grand total of one more League title than Burnley have managed.

Also, I remember Megson say that about Wednesday being the biggest side in the North. What do these cunts think constitutes North? Yorkshire and Lancashire pit towns?

Newcastle
Liverpool
Everton
Manchester United
Manchester City

And where Wednesday are concerned, you can add Sunderland. And that's without getting into tedious about about our relative size, for instance.

The fact that they are a one club city is not in their favour. For a city the size of Leeds, on top of the fact that none of the surrounding towns have their own team (Castleton, Wakefield etc), their fanbase is appalling.

Compare and contrast with us and Wednesday. We're in a smaller city, split across two sides, plus all our surrounding towns have their own professional team (Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster). Leeds should have twice the crowds us or Wednesday manage.

TBF to Leeds its a two club city, it’s just the other club is a different sport. I do agree though they have a much stronger regional draw across West and North Yorkshire and beyond. Every home game the flight from Dublin is full of Loiners and they’ve got big supporters clubs on the continent.

Whichever way you cut it they are a huge club. They’d comfortably sell out 50,000 every match in the Premier League, probably more, and the atmosphere at Elland Road is the best in the country by a mile.

They are what they are, they’ll get the adulation because they are a big draw on SKY tv in terms of viewing figures. I’m just pleased we’ve got a Yorkshire Derby next season and I hope their presence in the league will give us a push to continue excel and spur us on.

The two clubs succeeding and a Wednesday relegation would bury the Pigs for a generation. If we can establish ourselves in the PL I see no reason why we couldn’t get 40,000 ourselves, have a superb atmosphere with a safe standing Kop and a leading Academy.

One club city, biggest fan base in the north of England, always guaranteed to fill their own stadium, fantastic history unlike Burnley and some others who are currently in the Premiership.

might as well give em all the fuckin silverware now. It was like listening to Comical Ali....

Wilkinson gas always been a full weight 🔔🔚, so no surprises there.

Newcastle
Liverpool
Everton
Manchester United
Manchester City

One hundred percent this. It’s a rugby city, not football. Large areas of W Yorks are rugby, and not football. Leeds’ fanbase might be good, but its not nearly as impressive as it should be. All those towns in W Yorks with floating support and the population of W Yorks being quite a bit larger than ours, means that they are no Newcastle or Sunderland - or even Sheffield for that matter.

Whilst Sheffield was the home of Association football between 1857 and 1882 Leeds was always a rugby town. When they finally got an Association team it was closed down by the FA. Sheffield has the football heritage.

Took them long enough. Half the Football League has had a go in the Prem in that time. It's like losing your viriginity at 35, relief, congrats and all that, but a tad embarrassing it took that long... Still, decent fixture to look forward to.

25% Uniteds in the prem now , yesterday it was killing the BBC not saying United , all the time for Man Utd , and when they slipped up always said Manchester United straight after , which just sounded stupid , after they slipped up , Why they dont just say Blades at our Matches i will never know it is a great name .

TBF to Leeds its a two club city, it’s just the other club is a different sport. I do agree though they have a much stronger regional draw across West and North Yorkshire and beyond. Every home game the flight from Dublin is full of Loiners and they’ve got big supporters clubs on the continent.

Whichever way you cut it they are a huge club. They’d comfortably sell out 50,000 every match in the Premier League, probably more, and the atmosphere at Elland Road is the best in the country by a mile.

They are what they are, they’ll get the adulation because they are a big draw on SKY tv in terms of viewing figures. I’m just pleased we’ve got a Yorkshire Derby next season and I hope their presence in the league will give us a push to continue excel and spur us on.

The two clubs succeeding and a Wednesday relegation would bury the Pigs for a generation. If we can establish ourselves in the PL I see no reason why we couldn’t get 40,000 ourselves, have a superb atmosphere with a safe standing Kop and a leading Academy.
It's not so much the one club City it's more the several Town club!
Their supporter base isn't just Leeds, it covers all the surrounding areas; Wakefield, Castleford, Dewsbury, Pontefract etc plus Bradford, York and even Doncaster!

Yeah I did wonder that, but then by some measures we're bigger than Manchester, which is clearly nonsense.

The point stands though, the two cities are of comparable sizes, but whereas ours is divided into two teams, with a bunch more teams dotted around, they have a major city to themselves. plus neighbours where Rugby League is the only game in town. They should be huge, they're merely quite big.
Agreed. There's lots of large towns and even a pretty big city, right next door to Leeds. In the same way we attract fans from Rotherham, Chesterfield etc. they undoubtedly do the same from the likes of Wakefield, Huddersfield, Castleford, Dewsbury, Harrogate, Wetherby and even Bradford. Then there's York not too far away, with no league club.

I actually reckon they get a high % of their fans from places outside of Leeds (more so than us).

One club city, biggest fan base in the north of England, always guaranteed to fill their own stadium, fantastic history unlike Burnley and some others who are currently in the Premiership.

might as well give em all the fuckin silverware now. It was like listening to Comical Ali....
Wilkinson typical gobshite arse licking pig blokes a cunt

What irks me is looking on Facebook to see all the people who I know are rugby fans and have, at best, a passing interest in Leeds United suddenly posting all the MOT crap and are jumping on the bandwagon, knowing damn well the nearest they've been to a game at Elland Road is moaning about the traffic on the way to a riveting Saturday spent at the White Rose Centre

Back
Top Bottom