Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 4th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601647208786.png v. 1601647213670.png
EPL Week 4 - Sunday 4th October 2020 - Emirates Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.512/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 14.59.35.png

Tried to remember as many Blades who played for Arsenal (actual first team games) and really struggled, probably forgot a few but it gets a mention in this match preview COYRAWW

It's not him (whoever he is) but I know Herbert Chapman who was considered to be a great for Arsenal as manager, played for SUFC at the start of the last century and was a Kiveton Park lad.

And I really fancy us tomorrow for some reason (even if BrewDog doesn't play).

Think we can get at them and get a decent result (provided that legohead doesn't get his players falling over in the box and conning the ref all afternoon for ridiculous penalties).

I fancy a result here too

We've not played badly in any game so far, over the full 90 minutes, not by any stretch of the imagination
We've been incredibly unlucky in some situations, and just woefully poor at finishing our chances in others, hopefully we start to have some fortunes turn in our favour tomorrow

Reckon the signing of Brewster is one of real intent that will give everyone a lift, and hopefully a kick up the arse to some of our strikers who are resting on their laurels a bit with no serious competition to push them until now, because when Brewster is match fit you'd have to assume he's nailed on for the first 11 - Burke has been quite good so far too, so come post-internationals we could even see a line up where McBurnie, Didsy, Sharp are all on the bench, something that last season probably would have sounded like suicide

2-0 Blades, a masterful defensive performance with 2 goals coming on the counter - Burke and Berge

I'd quite like some of Villas luck for a bit, starting with Lacazette and aubameyang getting sent off after 8 minutes for beating David Luiz up, and whoever Fulham are playing this weekend - I'd be be pleased to see Mitrovic getting sent off aswell while we're at it.

Can anyone recommend a good pub (near-ish to Eccy road) to watch it in?

We desperately need a result tomorrow. Happily take a point. I can't see it though.

Whilst I expect us to lose, we could just do with the 'rub of the green' for a change.

Just watched Leeds [who played very well once again] v Manchester City [who look ordinary & not a patch on previous seasons (give the title to Liverpool now)], & they scored a goal via a terrible goalkeeping error, probably should have had a penalty against them & Dallas should have been sent off! But when things are going for you, you get a result, often against the odds. Can't see it tomorrow to be honest, but a goal would be nice & something going our way would be a start.

MTLBWY

UTB

Hopefully our new kit going to give us the rub of the green. 2-1 Win UTB. What I would do to be cheering us on ⚔️

I do see Arsenal Scoring so we will have to score 2 goals , I don't think we can do that at the mo , so I am going 1-1, be great if we can 3 points but a first point wont be all that bad, it just looks bad cus of the bad start we have had .

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but is Brewster able to play tomorrow please?

The Blades are keeping tight lipped over whether he was registered before the deadline to play or not. The clubs official video of his arrival suggests he was signed before 12pm and IS eligible to play against the Gunners but time will tell.

Would take a point right now, but there’s no way arsenal aren’t scoring. Another defeat and no goals on the cards.

Whilst I expect us to lose, we could just do with the 'rub of the green' for a change.

Just watched Leeds [who played very well once again] v Manchester City [who look ordinary & not a patch on previous seasons (give the title to Liverpool now)], & they scored a goal via a terrible goalkeeping error, probably should have had a penalty against them & Dallas should have been sent off! But when things are going for you, you get a result, often against the odds. Can't see it tomorrow to be honest, but a goal would be nice & something going our way would be a start.

MTLBWY

UTB
“rub of the green” : so that’s why we have a 3rd strip !

Back
Top Bottom