Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 4th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601647208786.png v. 1601647213670.png
EPL Week 4 - Sunday 4th October 2020 - Emirates Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.512/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 14.59.35.png

Well after last week's gut wrenching dedwat to dirty Leeds, today we take a trip to the capital to play a somewhat resurgent Arsenal. After a number of transitional seasons it seems they be getting their act together. Nothing to do with us mind, so the breaking news, is, as it stands we play on a Saturday next week...

Anyway..

Any team news?

Egan obviously returning...

Is Brewster eligible?

If so what's the forward lineup?

Obviously any trip to face Arsenal is fought with danger but with our start compared to their's it looks a foregone conclusion. Overall I don't think we have been bad, but this Arsenal side look very well organised. Anyway I fancy us break our scoring duck, but sadly I only see a defeat. A tight 2-1 in their favour. But I hope to be wrong....

UTB

My team would be:-

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Baldock Berge Norwood Osborn Stevens
McGoldrick Brewster

Subs:- Foderingham, Robinson, Bogle, Lundstram, Fleck, McBurnie, Burke

Hard one to call this but I think we’ll lose narrowly. Arteta has them playing well, and although they’re sometimes shaky at the back they’re still lethal up top.

If we can go at them and maybe get a goal in the first twenty or so I think we’ll do ok and rattle them a bit, but with our strikers not capitalising on chances as much it’s a tall ask.

I think start Brewster and Burke to run at their defence and spook them. Egan, Ampadu and Bash at the back should be solid.

I’d really like to see Bogle and Lowe get a start but think our only threat on goal vs Leeds came from Stevens and Baldock so think they’ll start to.

My line up FWIW -

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Bogle Lundstram Berge Osborn Lowe
Brewster Burke

Hard one to call this but I think we’ll lose narrowly. Arteta has them playing well, and although they’re sometimes shaky at the back they’re still lethal up top.

If we can go at them and maybe get a goal in the first twenty or so I think we’ll do ok and rattle them a bit, but with our strikers not capitalising on chances as much it’s a tall ask.

I think start Brewster and Burke to run at their defence and spook them. Egan, Ampadu and Bash at the back should be solid.

I’d really like to see Bogle and Lowe get a start but think our only threat on goal vs Leeds came from Stevens and Baldock so think they’ll start to.

My line up FWIW -

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Bogle Lundstram Berge Osborn Lowe
Brewster Burke

Absolutely no chance Baldock will get dropped.

Another place where we never win.

4-0 them, and hope for better things against Fulham.

The Blades are keeping tight lipped
No one knows for sure if Brewster is eligible but if this is him then he's being out through his paces....

View attachment 94068View attachment 94069View attachment 94070
Hopefully he will be eligible. It would be strange bringing him over to Sheffield on Thursday evening for his medical and then not submitting the documents by the Friday lunch deadline. I reckon he’ll start from the bench.

No changes apart from on bench is my thoughts on this one. Maybe Lowe in for enda but I can’t see many changes. He loves Didzg sitting deeper away from home

I've got a sneaky feeling today we might just get a rub of the green. They hit the woodwork a couple of times, Rammers pulls of a couple of saves and we press them hard and nick a goal.

0-1 to the Blades

Let's be honest. Based on the start to the season and pretty much everything else I can't imagine any Blade out there is expecting much from this.

I would quite like to be wrong mind

I can’t see how Lunny could possibly keep his starting position today. He’s been pretty awful in all 3 games. I’d rather he came off the bench when opposition legs are tiring.

My team today...

Rammers
Ampadu Egan Robinson
Baldock Berge Norwood Osborn Lowe
Didzy Burke

We will put in a good honest workman like performance, Arsenal players will fall over whenever anyone goes near them, Lee Mason will give us the square root of fuck all decision wise and we will lose. I Just hope we get a goal to give us a spark of hope going into the huge game against Fulham.

Great day and performance there last season. So much better than previous two games there.
Really missing these good times.

Unfortunately cannot see any points today but if we did would be a great boost for all.

And I really fancy us tomorrow for some reason (even if BrewDog doesn't play).

Think we can get at them and get a decent result (provided that legohead doesn't get his players falling over in the box and conning the ref all afternoon for ridiculous penalties).
Legohead. Brilliant😆

Back
Top Bottom