Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 4th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601647208786.png v. 1601647213670.png
EPL Week 4 - Sunday 4th October 2020 - Emirates Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.512/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 14.59.35.png

Stevens still starts. Criminal. No Bogle even on the bench.. weird. Lunny starting again, absolute joke. MCG and Burke aren't the answer. Star signing last season in MCB should be playing alongside burke imo. Think wilder definitely has his favourites, and I'm somewhat questioning this "in on merit and what I see on the training ground" ethos.

Agreed re Stevens. Don’t know what the new wing backs have to do to get a start or even an appearance now we’re out of the cup

Agreed re Stevens. Don’t know what the new wing backs have to do to get a start or even an appearance now we’re out of the cup
He's been absolutely dog shit this season and towards the end of last season. If I were the new guys I'd be asking serious questions as to what I need to do to get in the squad.

I'm expecting a bit more from McGoldrick today. Appreciate he was sacrificed early at Villa, but so far this season (with the exception on the flick he did to set up Lundy v Leeds) he has been a waste of time.

We need more from him. Either holding the ball up and bringing others into play from midfield or he needs to be closer to Burke as a pairing. At the moment he's not bringing much to the table up top for us.

Hopefully he will have a blinder today and make me eat my own words. I hope he does. Time for them all to step up to the plate today as there's nothing to be scared of.

He's been absolutely dog shit this season and towards the end of last season. If I were the new guys I'd be asking serious questions as to what I need to do to get in the squad.

Lowe was quality against Burnley an all. Luke Freeman situation all over again. Can’t let them play their socks off in the cup and never give them chances in the league

Stevens still starts. Criminal. No Bogle even on the bench.. weird. Lunny starting again, absolute joke. MCG and Burke aren't the answer. Star signing last season in MCB should be playing alongside burke imo. Think wilder definitely has his favourites, and I'm somewhat questioning this "in on merit and what I see on the training ground" ethos.

How Lunny can start when there’s Fleck, Ampadu and Norwood on the bench is criminal!
Just hope CWAK have got it right.
I might have a tenner on Lunny being sent off... that’s the kind of vibe I’m getting off the lad at the minute!

I wouldn't say he's been dogshit, better than project restart but not Stevens from pre Covid, but he was pretty good in the last game though.

Hopefully Lowe might appear off the bench today though, I'd like him to get a chance.

How Lunny can start when there’s Fleck, Ampadu and Norwood on the bench is criminal!
Just hope CWAK have got it right.
I might have a tenner on Lunny being sent off... that’s the kind of vibe I’m getting off the lad at the minute!
I'd like him to be sent off. Preferably off into the sunset. But that's just me.

Because that's where they're best?

Fleck could probably play central if required, but Lundstram played on the left against, I think, Leicester last season at the King Power and was very poor indeed.

I wouldn't say he's been dogshit, better than project restart but not Stevens from pre Covid, but he was pretty good in the last game though.

Hopefully Lowe might appear off the bench today though, I'd like him to get a chance.
Yep, but imo he's not warranted a start the past few games, yet here we are. Lowe looked bang on against Burnley.

Because that's where they're best?

Fleck could probably play central if required, but Lundstram played on the left against, I think, Leicester last season at the King Power and was very poor indeed.
With that logic you have to play a left footer at LS. Mad to me that you wouldn't start your best players because they aren't playing on their strong foot.

I'd like him to be sent off. Preferably off into the sunset. But that's just me.

Well obviously we’d rather he scored a brace and played out of his skin today!
But yeah... sooner he’s left the better for me too. He’s pretty awful and he doesn’t even want to be here anyway! And that’s why I can’t get behind him!

Lunny gets box to box and is a goal threat so logical he starts. Amazed Fleck and Ampadu not starting and cant understand how McGodrick is still in the starting line up.
Sincerely hope I am proved wrong

Lunny gets box to box and is a goal threat so logical he starts. Amazed Fleck and Ampadu not starting and cant understand how McGodrick is still in the starting line up.
Sincerely hope I am proved wrong
He's a goal threat... When he can be arsed. The penalty showed he simply can't be arsed or he doesn't want to be here. We've got Norwood for that position, not to mention Berge, so it's absolutely criminal he's still starting.

Well obviously we’d rather he scored a brace and played out of his skin today!
But yeah... sooner he’s left the better for me too. He’s pretty awful and he doesn’t even want to be here anyway! And that’s why I can’t get behind him!
Who says he doesn't want to be here ? Wilder wouldnt pick him if that was the case. He just wants to be paid more than what is being offered. Why is that a problem for some of our fans ?

The penalty showed he simply can't be arsed or he doesn't want to be here
Absolute rubbish. He struck it well enough just at a good height for the keeper. Does that mean Mcburnie doesnt want to for us because his penalty was poor?

Can’t see Arsenal taking it easy against us for the 3rd consecutive league game. We’ll lose 2 or 3 nil for me today.

Who says he doesn't want to be here ? Wilder wouldnt pick him if that was the case. He just wants to be paid more than what is being offered. Why is that a problem for some of our fans ?
Because we have some really narrow-minded set of supporters. Best not to waste energy having that conversation with them.

If enda is playing in the internationals hopefully Lowe starts against Fulham and that's his chance to show what he can do. Thought he played well against Burnley

????? He obvious did. What about Mcburnie's penalty. Would you like him to keave as well as he doesn't care according to your criteria re penalty taking ?
MCB isn't moaning or arsing about regards a contract though is he? And last I checked, he doesn't think he's better than us.

Lunny needs to go to the keepers left and not at waist height .His attempt last week was to the right, along with his pen the game before both the right height for a keeper.

Hoping the team believe in themselves today. They looked much better against leeds and defended resolutely vs Villa and have to remember nearly all those players did it vs Arsenal last season.

Shocking line up Stevens plays absolutely awful yet still continues to start dont understand why Ampadu has been dropped when he has been playing well.

Lundstram gets in again and done nothing to warrant it and McGoldrick uptop just does not work he should be in midfield if anything.

"I have made it clear about John, I would love him to sign a new contract, it's no criticism and he might do, you never know”

"If it's his decision to run his contract down then it's his decision, no ill-feeling”

"John's a good character and there is no downside to him not giving anything less than 100 per cent”

"He won't get in our team if he doesn't, I won't pick him. Supporters need to be comforted that, as always, I will do the right thing for the football club”

"I am not going to play a player who is not committed. I will make that decision”

"We don't sign bad characters who are not committed. John has not been a moment's trouble and I understand that he might want that deal and that his agent wants that deal, which is fair enough, that's the negotiation between the club and the player and agent."

- Chris Wilder.

so, for fuck sake, pack it in with the Lunny bashing.

Because we have some really narrow-minded set of supporters. Best not to waste energy having that conversation with them.

So you think a player running his contract down points to him wanting to be here? It’s the definition of not committing to the club!

Back
Top Bottom