Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 28th October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1698318857394.png vs. 1698318862568.png

Premier League Matchweek 10 - Saturday 28th October 2023 - 15:00 - Emirates Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.666/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: John Busby
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12.13.34.png

We finished the game with those 3 on the pitch because the club made the idiot decision to renew the contracts of 2 of them.

It’s not just about money. It’s about not wasting the money you have.

See also -

• 2 new left backs, both awful
  • a midget from Sweden who is hopeless
  • not signing someone who can play the same position as McBurnie
  • not using foreign loans

Yep we certainly haven't helped ourselves

Just watched highlights on motd.

Strange not seeing any attacking play by us….. oh wait, there was none.

Apart from one good goal by ntekia the rest were piss poor defending yet again.

sad to say but the formation has no identity or clear structure, nobody seems to know where anyone else is on the pitch. Wes distribution too slow/cautious and generally terrible. Not sure if the midfield exists and can't string a pass. I genuinely have no idea where a goal is meant to come from?? We don't have a single player that an opposition defender has to worry about, I don't think any other team player could name one of our players

I'm sure hecky is a great coach but there doesn't seem to be any sort of strategy imo, and this squad I think would struggle in the championship, at the hopes of jinxing it I think we may be looking at a double dip

Leaving aside how awful we played, which most others have covered, this match did provide for me one of those “memorable” moments you remember for a long time. With well less than a 1,000 of us left in the stadium in the last 5-10 minutes, I think it started with us cheering the string of passes we put together. There then followed “defiant” renditions of “we are bladesmen”, “we are blades”, “greasie chip butty”, “falling in love”, “your support is effin ****”, etc.

Strangely enough we seemed to have more chances during those closing minutes than we had all match…. I’m not saying there was any correlation by the way.

But it was one of those “memorable” moments you will carry with you for a long time

Leaving aside how awful we played, which most others have covered, this match did provide for me one of those “memorable” moments you remember for a long time. With well less than a 1,000 of us left in the stadium in the last 5-10 minutes, I think it started with us cheering the string of passes we put together. There then followed “defiant” renditions of “we are bladesmen”, “we are blades”, “greasie chip butty”, “falling in love”, “your support is effin ****”, etc.

Strangely enough we seemed to have more chances during those closing minutes than we had all match…. I’m not saying there was any correlation by the way.

But it was one of those “memorable” moments you will carry with you for a long time

It was surreal in such a vast stadium wasn't it? What we saw and heard was defiance when many sets of 'supporters' would be booing the team or calling for a owners or a managers head. Personally, I was glad to be there and be a part of it.

We finished the game with those 3 on the pitch because the club made the idiot decision to renew the contracts of 2 of them.

It’s not just about money. It’s about not wasting the money you have.

See also -

• 2 new left backs, both awful
  • a midget from Sweden who is hopeless
  • not signing someone who can play the same position as McBurnie
  • not using foreign loans
This

This is currently the only thing that can turn our season round imo.
As a team our heads are down and when we concede we are broken.
The players need to step up and fight for the club, and do what they are capable of. That will either come from the world's best motivating man-manager (god knows who), or 30k at the Lane, which we can do.

sad to say but the formation has no identity or clear structure, nobody seems to know where anyone else is on the pitch. Wes distribution too slow/cautious and generally terrible. Not sure if the midfield exists and can't string a pass. I genuinely have no idea where a goal is meant to come from?? We don't have a single player that an opposition defender has to worry about, I don't think any other team player could name one of our players

I'm sure hecky is a great coach but there doesn't seem to be any sort of strategy imo, and this squad I think would struggle in the championship, at the hopes of jinxing it I think we may be looking at a double dip
I'm sure hecky is a great coach ...
Really? Based in what? Ffs, it's people like you, believing something that just isn't true that's got us into this shit

But not getting the said players to turn this great 'coaching' into on the field skills and actually play decent match winning football

Chances you say?

Back
Top Bottom