Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 28th October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1698318857394.png vs. 1698318862568.png

Premier League Matchweek 10 - Saturday 28th October 2023 - 15:00 - Emirates Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.666/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: John Busby
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12.13.34.png

We have finished the match with Fleck, Norwood & Osborn on the pitch. Look at the quality that Arsenal were able to introduce from the bench. Without a change of ownership, and not one just for the sake of it but one that introduces significant investment into the squad, we are not going to be able to compete in this league. Rough as it is, that should be obvious.

4-0 pen I thought tackle outside but ref gave pen if in doubt you don’t give a pen unless it’s for the big six
The ref didn’t give the penalty
When the he is asked to review it, he should only reverse his decision if the is a ‘ clear & obvious ‘ reason to
From the 4 or so minutes of repeated slo-mo from 3 different angles I could not see any contact , he just dragged his trailing leg, so why give the penalty.
Also every time we tackled an Arsenal player down they went grabbing the ball. I hate to say this, but we must start diving.

this would 1 of the rules i would change if a team is 4+ goals down. then blow FT whistle at 90mins. because ive been there 4-0 up & 4-0 down. at that point neither side want stoppage time. they just want to go home

View attachment 173621
But that extra 10 could lead to a goal for a team to win the league or stay up ( not us of course)

How slow are our players though, physically and mentally in comparison. Just simple football we can't do. We pass the ball and stand there like an u10s game. Whereas opposition pass ball and move into the space to receive it back and have runners. We just stand there.

We played pass and move in Wilders first season in the prem, everyone knew exactly what position and where to go, under Hecky even last year there’s been no actual pattern, just statues…

I think the frustration I have is having to watch Norwood play 90, see Fleck and Osborne come on as subs every game.
Last year we improved our play benching Norwood, Fleck and Osborne..... We need to do the same. No pace, no physicality and zero composure.
I said last year we cannot have Norwood and fleck on at the same time, we can now add Osborn into that mix, we’re losing any way, getting totally dominated by every team we play, conceding for fun play more of the kids at least they will can experience, this won’t hurt them mentally as they can see what’s already happening not like it’s a big secret or Hecky needs to go and with what we have left we need to try something different.
If we carry on like this a point is all we will have by the end of the season and the whole team will be mentally fucked as will the fans

We played pass and move in Wilders first season in the prem, everyone knew exactly what position and where to go, under Hecky even last year there’s been no actual pattern, just statues…
I remember the days when we used to play clever triangles and pull defenses apart.
We’re now lucky if we get two touches in the opposition half.
We have a weak midfield, a panicked defense and lightweight forwards that don’t stand a chance against Prem defenders.

The ref didn’t give the penalty
When the he is asked to review it, he should only reverse his decision if the is a ‘ clear & obvious ‘ reason to
From the 4 or so minutes of repeated slo-mo from 3 different angles I could not see any contact , he just dragged his trailing leg, so why give the penalty.
Also every time we tackled an Arsenal player down they went grabbing the ball. I hate to say this, but we must start diving.
You’re not wrong and the Arsenal player rolling around in the box for five minutes influenced them.

We have finished the match with Fleck, Norwood & Osborn on the pitch. Look at the quality that Arsenal were able to introduce from the bench. Without a change of ownership, and not one just for the sake of it but one that introduces significant investment into the squad, we are not going to be able to compete in this league. Rough as it is, that should be obvious.
It is

But you wouldn’t expect me to see that it is 😉

Hard watch that,don't know where the 10 mins injury time came from unless it was so Arsenal could improve their GD.
Difficult to draw any positives,but thought Trusty did ok again apart from the mistake for the first goal..Hamer and Souza were ok,but not good enough overall,to many injuries plus inexperience is costing u..just hope we can do better v Wolves,didn't really lay a glove on Arsenal today.

I agree. Last season got overlooked as we was winning matches and had individual magic to win games. We had illi that was pressing and winning ball and going on runs to get us up pitch.

Damage result. Surely he gets sacked now.

Damage result. Surely he gets sacked now.

If you’re a big Big Six team, yes - VAR was never going to go against the onfield ref
And that dive masquerading as a penalty. Fucking gagging to find a reason to give it. Let me back in the championship.

Not usually one to get on the sack the manager bandwagon, but time's up. Sacking him today is the difference between finishing bottom on 6 points or 20. Holding the record will be an albatross around our necks for a decade or more.

We finished the game with those 3 on the pitch because the club made the idiot decision to renew the contracts of 2 of them.

It’s not just about money. It’s about not wasting the money you have.

See also -

• 2 new left backs, both awful
  • a midget from Sweden who is hopeless
  • not signing someone who can play the same position as McBurnie
  • not using foreign loans

No suprise at the result . It was a nightmare scenario for a team that can’t defend set pieces , up against a team that would also run rings round us.
I’ve lost patience with Foderingham, dilly dallying on crosses, and Norwood giving away a penalty .
Surely we can do better than these 2, who are performing at League one level?

Back
Top Bottom