Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 28th October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1698318857394.png vs. 1698318862568.png

Premier League Matchweek 10 - Saturday 28th October 2023 - 15:00 - Emirates Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.666/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: John Busby
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12.13.34.png

Tim "nice but dim" Robinson is the referee,he got promoted with us.

1698327359607.jpeg
Did the FA Cup game against Blackburn last season.

I think a 6-0 defeat seems realistic in this one.

If we can come away having only lost by 3 or 4 it’s a good result.

Hamer opens scoring with a bullet from the D after 10 mins.
Brewdog gets one on half time and just after. Blades hang on and come away 3-2

We go 2-0 up with 10mins to go Hecky brings on Norwood & Fleck & larrouci 2-2!

i suspect we will lose but if that is the case i would like to see baldock, fleck, brewster get some game time to prepare for the real tests of the next few weeks, i dont think we will be embarassed and can see us being competative but not quite good enough but you never know footballs a funny old game

My plan is to call for a bottle of dark Carribbean Rum and a fair few beers, sitting on a bench in the Highbury Gardens between 3-5 tomorrow afternoon getting royally wasted whilst convincing myself that we have just scored a late winner at the clock end. Then back up north for tea and crumpet to celebrate. If I can avoid looking at the football scores thereafter it will have been a top weekend.

Odds
HT Arsenal FT Sheffield UTD. 225-1
Worth wasting £50.00 on for 10k or £4.00 for 1k
Despite how bad we are it is surely less than a 225-1 shot

My plan is to call for a bottle of dark Carribbean Rum and a fair few beers, sitting on a bench in the Highbury Gardens between 3-5 tomorrow afternoon getting royally wasted whilst convincing myself that we have just scored a late winner at the clock end. Then back up north for tea and crumpet to celebrate. If I can avoid looking at the football scores thereafter it will have been a top weekend.

Pikelets.

FROM BBC SPORT

MATCH FACTS​

Head-to-head

• Arsenal are unbeaten in 18 home games against Sheffield United in all competitions since 1971.
  • The Blades have won just two of the last 19 league meetings, with both victories coming in consecutive matches at home in 2006 and 2019.
Arsenal

• Mikel Arteta's side remain unbeaten in the Premier League this season, winning six of nine matches, whilst their total of four clean sheets is a joint high.
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in 36 Premier League home fixtures against newly promoted sides since losing to Newcastle United in November 2010.
  • They can record consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since a run of four in December 2021.
  • Bukayo Saka has either scored or assisted a goal in seven of his eight Premier League appearances this season, including each of his past six.
Sheffield United

• The Blades are the fourth Premier League side to register just one point in their opening nine games of the season, after Manchester City in 1995-96, Sheffield Wednesday in 1999-00 and Sheffield United themselves in 2020-21. All three previous clubs suffered relegation.
  • They have conceded a league-high eight goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
  • United have won just two of their 32 Premier League away fixtures against London sides, beating Chelsea 2-1 in October 1992 and Crystal Palace 1-0 in February 2020.
  • They have lost their last nine top-flight matches in the capital.
  • United have equalised in an unrivalled five Premier League games this season, although they have gone on to lose four of those matches.

We are 25/1 too win tomorrow I wouldn't put 1p on that personally.

Arsenal to win are
3-0 11/2
4-0 17/2
5-0 12/1
6-0 25/1
A fiver on each 5 or 6 nil is the bet for me.

Looks like we're playing in white today, which is strange as Arsenal have white sleeves, white shorts and socks.

This means we will have to wear red socks. So will we be in White, Red, Red (the exact opposite to Arsenal)?
Seems strange when we have a full yellow strip available

In the Wilder season we had to wear the luminous from the season before, due to the stuff above.

Screenshot_20231028_080739_Instagram.jpg

We’re 33/1 to win on Sky Bet. I don’t think I’ve ever seen odds that big for a league game.
I said this to someone earlier this week, definitely can’t remember it in an English game. A League Two side visiting the Emirates in the FA Cup Third round would get the same odds.

Back
Top Bottom