Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wonder if we could offer them RND on loan? They'll need a new LWB and I'd assume we want to get him out to League 1 level at least, to continue to test him.

Whilst there's the release clause, it might help gain some goodwill and bolster our chances in him agreeing to sign for us.

In theory that's not a bad idea at all but he played in League One last year so I imagine they'll be keen to get him out in the Championship.

Is our lack of goals down to our strikers?

Are they missing chances, or is it chances that are missing?

I had Sky Sport News on yesterday where they were talking about Chelsea and they mentioned that “Sheffield United, Norwich and (I can’t recall the other team) are the only teams who have missed more clear chances than Chelsea this season...”

It surprised me as I didn’t think we’d missed that many. I’ll try to find some stats on it

In theory that's not a bad idea at all but he played in League One last year so I imagine they'll be keen to get him out in the Championship.
That’s true. Maybe someone like Rotherham would be interested? No idea who they have playing there at the moment though, to be fair.

I had Sky Sport News on yesterday where they were talking about Chelsea and they mentioned that “Sheffield United, Norwich and (I can’t recall the other team) are the only teams who have missed more clear chances than Chelsea this season...”

It surprised me as I didn’t think we’d missed that many. I’ll try to find some stats on it

Didzy on his own haha

That’s true. Maybe someone like Rotherham would be interested? No idea who they have playing there at the moment though, to be fair.

Joe Mattock, but when he's been injured they have had to stick someone out of position.
Would love Norrington-Davies to go there, I'm a big fan of his, and is the only likely first teamer to come out of Shirecliffe since Brooks.

From the youtube montages and a few games I've seen him live I think he's the real deal for LWB. Quick, agile, excellent ball carrier, decent with his weakfoot and gets stuck in. Ticks most boxes. For 1.5M it's a absolute bargain. If he stays fit and plays regularly we could have a very valuable player in our hands come the end of next season.
He is Enda's natural successor. He's an absolute baller.

CW really is wanting competition at wing backs. I think it’s excellent and exactly how we should be recruiting. If we get Robinson and Cash to compete with Enda and George they battle it out and the best man wins. CW did this regularly in League one. He doesn’t mind who it is but means we can rotate slightly too.

It’s quite obvious we need or are looking at

GK
LWB
RWB
CB
RCM
ST (although not really heard rumours on this front)
Agreed. Would be nice to be able to rotate the wing backs, because it's a huge workload and over the course of a 38 game season it really shows.

Looking positive but let’s wait til we see him in holding the new away kit aloft at BDTBL.

Sounds like a good move for all parties. Good age, highly rated and in a position we need cover at a minimum.

He gets a move to the PL, and a chance to battle it out with enda for a starting position.

A1uNCyw.gif

GERRIMIN

Why we paying £2 million when the release clause is £1.5?

Presumably the club (or administrator) still has a right to choose between the bids they receive - they just can’t reject a bid of £1.5m or above.

In any event an administrator will be obliged to choose the best financial option for the purposes of settling debts etc.

Does anyone know who has won the race to sign Antonee Robinson from Wigan for £2million after reaching agreement with the Latics’ administrators, beating off competition from the likes of West Ham and West Brom?
Villa?

Back
Top Bottom