Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Has he reported it and definitely said he’s going to any of these clubs, or that several clubs are interested? £1.5m for a good prospect is going to have a lot of teams interested in fairness.

No he just throws enough mud and some sticks. Gets clicks I guess.

✅✅✅✅✅

Gotta feel sorry for Wigan says they paid 1.5 mill for him aswel they build up a decent young squad with a quality manager then get done over by a bent chairman which the EFL approved.

Then the said EFL let other owners not too far from us take the absolute piss out of the rules and pick and choose when to apply the rules cause there too spineless to enforce the rules

No he just throws enough mud and some sticks. Gets clicks I guess.

In fairness he reports transfer rumours. Some will turn into deals, some won’t. That’s how it goes, but he’s never far wrong.

The only thing people love more than a transfer rumour is slating the person who provides the rumour!

From the youtube montages and a few games I've seen him live I think he's the real deal for LWB. Quick, agile, excellent ball carrier, decent with his weakfoot and gets stuck in. Ticks most boxes. For 1.5M it's a absolute bargain. If he stays fit and plays regularly we could have a very valuable player in our hands come the end of next season.

In fairness he reports transfer rumours. Some will turn into deals, some won’t. That’s how it goes, but he’s never far wrong.

The only thing people love more than a transfer rumour is slating the person who provides the rumour!

Funnily enough I got blocked by him for calling him out on a JOC rumour a while back. Replied to my post and then blocked me before I could see it... working for the shower he does I thought he might have thicker skin. I wasn’t even rude either.

If he’s right here I won’t complain.

Gerrim in be a reight signing for 1.5m an absolute steal and great competition for Enda ticks all the right boxes so a big yes from me.

Turns out he was born in Milton Keynes but has a scouse accent and plays for USA.

I really like Enda but he put in some VERY average performances towards the end of this season. He’s also not getting any younger. Either Robinson comes in and takes the shirt or pushes Stevens on to recapture his form. Either way, win win, ticks short medium and long term goals for the squad and all for 1.5 million. This one would be brilliant.

Thinking the fee might go up to nearer 2m due to competition for him.
You’d have to be hard hearted to steal him from Wigan for the 1.5m

Thinking the fee might go up to nearer 2m due to competition for him.
As far as I'm aware it's a relegation release clause, so Wigan don't have any say in the fee as long as we activate it.

CW really is wanting competition at wing backs. I think it’s excellent and exactly how we should be recruiting. If we get Robinson and Cash to compete with Enda and George they battle it out and the best man wins. CW did this regularly in League one. He doesn’t mind who it is but means we can rotate slightly too.

It’s quite obvious we need or are looking at

GK
LWB
RWB
CB
RCM
ST (although not really heard rumours on this front)

Cash, swift and Robinson for less than £20m. Naughty!

It wouldn't be all 3 imo.

Can't see it being Cash and Swift. More likely one or the other

Furthermore, add that with limited funds we still need a GK and a striker, just can't see it

I can see CW having bids in with a number of players, but should he sign player A, that puts an end to interest in player B

As far as I'm aware it's a relegation release clause, so Wigan don't have any say in the fee as long as we activate it.
In which case I apologise. I had always assumed that the amount in a release clause was the starting point for bids, and not the actual fixed cost of buying the player.
Every day etc

Furthermore, add that with limited funds we still need a GK and a striker, just can't see it

I can see CW having bids in with a number of players, but should he sign player A, that puts an end to interest in player B
Why not? They all play different positions? Cash is a Rwb that could potentially cover Rcm, Swift is a creative Rcm and Robinson is LWB, all 3 are positions we need competition for. Then there's sales of potentially freeman, lunny and C Robinson. Our budget won't be as small as people think.

That's business as they say and we've been on the receiving end a few times. Quinn to Hull always warms my blood.

CW really is wanting competition at wing backs. I think it’s excellent and exactly how we should be recruiting. If we get Robinson and Cash to compete with Enda and George they battle it out and the best man wins. CW did this regularly in League one. He doesn’t mind who it is but means we can rotate slightly too.

It’s quite obvious we need or are looking at

GK
LWB
RWB
CB
RCM
ST (although not really heard rumours on this front)
And yet it's a striker or two that we are in most need of.......

I am extremely comfortable with the idea of raiding Wigan for a cut-price deal, and look forward to other opportunities to do similar at other clubs.

We can, if it will make it easier to stomach, offer them a lovely behind-closed-doors friendly, and potentially the loan of an academy player for next season.

And yet it's a striker or two that we are in most need of.......
No, its a higher chance creation that we are in most need of, which I think that's what Cw thinks as well. There's no point spending another £20m on a striker if they are feeding on scraps most of the time. Our strikers especially mcburnie as he's shown will score if given decent chances. We could have had lewandowski up front last season and he would have struggled to get 10 goals. I do think we will sign a striker but we need to improve our supply before we do, which is what these signings will hopefully do.

I really want this one to happen, and happen quickly. If it can be done at £1.5 Million then, it's an absolute steal but it's the clause Wigan included in order to get him originally. It still leaves plenty of powder dry for some of the more expensive deals we're going to need to do. If there is this level of value in the lower leagues, which the undoubtedly is, then we should be mining it as we've a proven record that it works for both club and player if they've the right attitude and ability to make the step up.

I wonder if we could offer them RND on loan? They'll need a new LWB and I'd assume we want to get him out to League 1 level at least, to continue to test him.

Whilst there's the release clause, it might help gain some goodwill and bolster our chances in him agreeing to sign for us.

Who says we have limited funds i keep hearing this, that was said last season and was proved to be a load of rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom