Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hope the lads don't pick on him because his mum and dad can't spell Anthony.

Agreed. Would be nice to be able to rotate the wing backs, because it's a huge workload and over the course of a 38 game season it really shows.
There is also a bit of horses for courses as well and alternate options from the bench. Extreme examples, but you may want to have a more solidly defensive unit against certain teams, however if as the games playing out we want to be more open we can make these changes.
Those options weren't available to us last season, and especially given how we play, our attacking options don't have to be upfront or from midfield.

This could be a significant upgrade in our capabilities this season, adding more offensive options from hard to defend areas, blooding the potential long term replacements and all for a minimal outlay. The fact that this area has been the one clearly targeted for improvement shows that our coaching and recruitment team are way ahead of most as to how we continue to play well above the collective expectancy.

A useful go-to assessment of what he will offer. Basically will help us on the break a lot, and has acceleration to work himself some space in wide areas. With the caveat that he can overcommit and leave defenders exposed – which given the discipline we require in our system, is hopefully one of the aspects CWAK are confident on improving.

I’d completely forgotten about the AC Milan story. Like being dumped at the altar by Scarlett Johansson...

Is he over it, or on the rebound?

Song for Antoneeeeeee....

to star spangled banner......

O say can you see, our Antoneeeeee,
What so proudly we gained, at the Blades Bramall Lane,
In red and white stripes and new pink shirt away,
Something something dermdermderr dermdermder

Transfer update: after reading this post, Robinson has opted to remain at Wigan.

“But what do you think the PL revenue will be - even with £30m lopped off?“

I don’t know, but seeing as we now have structured payments to make on players, Berge for example, a mortgage to pay for the £50m borrowed to buy the assets, £20-30m down on revenue, possibly less sponsorship revenue due to no fans in the stadium etc etc then this has to have an impact on the club imo
Structured payments for players is standard practice, mortgage taken at a time with record low interest rates, sponsorship revenues likely to have delivered over expectation due to our performances and finishing position plus if no fans likely increased TV exposure.
I'll give you the £20-30m down on revenue, though.

I wonder if we've ever tried to sign an AC Milan target before. I can't imagine they were too interested in Andy Taylor or Jordan Stewart.

Milan linked to Matty Cash too. I imagine on a AC Milan forum somewhere there are a number of their fans complaining 'are Sheffield United in for all of our transfer targets'?

Structured payments for players is standard practice, mortgage taken at a time with record low interest rates, sponsorship revenues likely to have delivered over expectation due to our performances and finishing position plus if no fans likely increased TV exposure.
I'll give you the £20-30m down on revenue, though.
Premier League prize money still seems fairly substantial.

Not new to setting up a goal in front of the Kop. Here he is 17/18 on loan at Bolton – is that Chris Basham he’s racing past?

He actually started it in his own half by sprinting away from Billy. I was on the John Street that day and was very impressed with him.

Premier League prize money still seems fairly substantial.
Indeed it is. I've said since Wilder first made the comments that I think our budget will be broadly comparable to last seasons and maybe even up to £60M, but why on earth would he tell anyone that. We want to continue the generally assumed view that we're just little Sheffield United when it comes to buying players from other clubs.
The alternate is you go at it Billy Big Balls like Villa and Leeds and find that everyone they're after has 25% mark up on the price.

Last edited:
No, its a higher chance creation that we are in most need of, which I think that's what Cw thinks as well. There's no point spending another £20m on a striker if they are feeding on scraps most of the time. Our strikers especially mcburnie as he's shown will score if given decent chances. We could have had lewandowski up front last season and he would have struggled to get 10 goals. I do think we will sign a striker but we need to improve our supply before we do, which is what these signings will hopefully do.
Really.....the amount of chances Diz missed alone would have bagged Lewandowski 10 goals

Will be a wonderful signing but feel better when it is over the line.
Swift seems to have stalled a bit
We are all a bit ducks and drakes with the signing of a keeper and a striker will no doubt come out of the blue and take the longest time to negotiate.

Will be a wonderful signing but feel better when it is over the line.
Swift seems to have stalled a bit
We are all a bit ducks and drakes with the signing of a keeper and a striker will no doubt come out of the blue and take the longest time to negotiate.

Agreed. It's looking promising but there's always that fear that it'll go wrong somewhere especially with the price being so low, there may be more suitors than stated. But seems we're leading the pack.

Seriously though, that's how a three year old with a speech impediment would spell 'Anthony.'

Transfer update: after reading this post, Robinson has opted to remain at Wigan.
Ok how about......

To tune of Star Spangled Banner.....

Who so proudly we gained, at the Blades Bramall Lane,
Deal was done in a flicker cause of his dodgy ticker
Sorry AC Milan but we got your man

Better hun? ;)

Ok how about......

To tune of Star Spangled Banner.....

Who so proudly we gained, at the Blades Bramall Lane,
Deal was done in a flicker cause of his dodgy ticker
Sorry AC Milan but we got your man

Better hun? ;)

Important club update.
In a surprise announcement, Prince Abdullah has late this afternoon issued the following short statement:
Kevin,
On second thoughts, the club’s yours.
Best wishes
PA

says done deal on sp transfer page 2 mill

Back
Top Bottom