CONFIRMED Anis Slimane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pretty sure we asked Sander how to say his name and when he said ‘Bergeh’ we all thought nah we’ll stick with ‘burg’ or ‘Berger’ if we’re trying hard to do the accent…

Awkward moment at 11min 30s, "cookie" asks Slimane how to pronounce his name - Aris Slimane? Aris Ben Slimane?

Then Anis replies and corrects him by saying "Just Anis Slimane". Bit embarrassing that our head of social media gets his name wrong right in front of his face.

I know it's something so minor but he didn't even do the basics of getting his name right, jeez

You're right. Not sure Anis even noticed the Aris. Didn't bat an eyelid anyway.

Seems a smart guy so far.

All signs point to him being trouble, don't they?
I don't doubt he's a good CEO, we've been promoted twice under his tenure. Just sounds like a cockney wide boy, probably amplified by the 'did your nan knit that' crew around him.

Pretty sure we asked Sander how to say his name and when he said ‘Bergeh’ we all thought nah we’ll stick with ‘burg’ or ‘Berger’ if we’re trying hard to do the accent…
Accent is different to getting his first name wrong by saying Aris instead of Anis

Must be a circus in town
Let's shut the thread down on these clowns
Can I get a witness....

Welcome to Sheffield where your new work colleagues take the piss out of your clothing within seconds of meeting you.

Fucking embarrassing that.

You could tell he was abit confused by it all.....and probably didn't quite understand the context.

I remember the Lys interview - "oh it's raining" do you like rain Lys? " Or something along those lines. And him laughing nervously/confused along with the interviewer.

Reckon we’ll get a glimpse of him at chesterfield today?

Be interesting to see what position he’s played in given his versatility

Reckon we’ll get a glimpse of him at chesterfield today?
Hope so.

I've never done it but I'd wager packing up and moving to a new country is terrifying for anyone. Add to that walking in to a job where you're going to be expected to perform pretty quickly and amongst a completely new work and public culture. I think I'd look a bit fish out of water too.

I've said this more often than not but I notice every new signing seemingly slots in to the team and is immediately welcomed by the staff and the squad, I can't remember the last time I saw some real bad blood floating around United, the squad look like they play for each other and the badge, I love seeing it and no doubt in a few weeks he'll be the same.

wot no 6-pack?!!!

Hopefully he'll be a gem but I'm still very much on the fence. Always worrying when the fans of his previous club call him lazy and in his first comment he goes on about how hard working he is 😂

We'll see, good to see a fresh face

Maybe this is a good thing if it's his fitness that's held him back at Brøndby? Our squad and coaches seem to take fitness training seriously. If we can get him stronger, fitter and sharper maybe the issues Brøndby fans had with him will be fixed.

Maybe this is a good thing if it's his fitness that's held him back at Brøndby? Our squad and coaches seem to take fitness training seriously. If we can get him stronger, fitter and sharper maybe the issues Brøndby fans had with him will be fixed.
I'm guessing he'll have a shock first proper training session but hopefully he can adapt to the pace of it.

You could tell he was abit confused by it all.....and probably didn't quite understand the context.

I remember the Lys interview - "oh it's raining" do you like rain Lys? " Or something along those lines. And him laughing nervously/confused along with the interviewer.
I bet moose doesn't remember that conversation though

Just reading the extended interview with Anis and he said that he watched the last 10/12 games for us last season but was always confident we would get promoted.

Makes me think:
A) We were looking at targets way in advance and these things do take a long time (some fans take note)
B) We probably did know who we were releasing and some comments haven't quite been true?

Every time I watch one of these I just think they all sound the same! If I was signing (ha ha, I wish) I'd go for Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap by ACDC! Now that would be quality!

I'd get everyone clapping first, preferably everybody table banging, then I'd do best Angus impression complete with his fish like mouth movements (you have to know ACDC to know what I mean there!) and do some proper air guitar in there with one hand in the air as Young does!

1689850459789.png

Back
Top Bottom