4 or 5 incoming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

While we spend months trying to get loans in,they got the best player on the pitch last night,Chong,wrapped up weeks ago with pink ribbons on and making an impact.
If they can see it,why can't our recruitment see it,nobody there can see that he is oven ready to go for the Championship and a perfect replacement for the underperforming Jimmy Fleck.

Ond good thing about last nights game is that it might accelerate the speed that any incoming players arrive.
Hopefully, because if this form carries on interested players aren't going be so eger to sign!

I agree that these are the players we need ( possibly one wide striker) but that is half a team all of whom have to gel

I agree that these are the players we need but that is half a team all of whom have to gel

So be it. This current squad is cooked. Get players in ready to play where Slav wants them to play and it'll be the existing guys that need up their game and 'gel'

I agree that we need to bring in 4 or 5. But (IMO) Norwood, Robinson, McBurnie, Stevens, Mousset and Fleck are stinking this squad up, and I don't see us progressing with then all around the first team. Surely we'll need to move some players on first if we are to add these kind of numbers? That isn't going to be easy as all these players are on good money and won't be in huge demand at the moment.
Selling Ramsdale might balance the books and allow incomings but it's going to leave us with a huge squad and a lot of crap on the periphery.
God help us if we sell Berge and keep Norwood and Fleck. We'll be nearer the bottom than the top come April. If Burke is being relied on to lead the line all season, we are shagged.
utb

5 new faces will makes the world of difference, and see the underperformers out of the first team

I reckon we'll see

Dieng (Ramsdale to be sold)
Davies
Vieira
Another CM (Garner / Doyle)
Winger / creative type (Kirk / Elliott)

From last night you could see Bogle & RND, or Mcburnie and Brewster. It's possible only Egan, McG and Berge retain their places

Ideally we'd have done our business before start of the season, but think we'll see a VERY different team by the end of August.

I don’t know much about Davies but I am concerned that many have said he is poor in the air. If that’s the case he absolutely is not the player we need. We have been like a pub team defending crosses ever since JOC was injured. It’s scandalous that it hasn’t been addressed.

Does anyone have a link to the interview?

1.) Davies - sorts out the left side centre half if we’re going 4 at the back, which I think he’s committed to.
2.) Vieira - adds some serious steel to the midfield base if he’s fit and able to play as he did at Leeds of course.
3.) Garner - same as above although probably more progressive with the ball.
4.) Elliott - one we’d all cream our collective pants for if hes achievable.
5.) Not a clue. Another creative youngster??

That would be the dream scenario but it does mean the end of Bash, Norwood, Fleck, and Dids in the starting 11 if folk can handle that.

1.) Davies - sorts out the left side centre half if we’re going 4 at the back, which I think he’s committed to.
2.) Vieira - adds some serious steel to the midfield base if he’s fit and able to play as he did at Leeds of course.

That would be the dream scenario but it does mean the end of Bash, Norwood, Fleck, and Dids in the starting 11 if folk can handle that.

As It stands I could handle a proper wrecking ball job.

I wonder take much from nixons post. The guy only gets info when stuff is practically done or gets little bits of info. Linking us to a goalkeeper like dieng is a story because it just makes sense. A good championship goalkeeper who is young in goalkeeping terms and is attainable. Is rammers was leaving very soon he wouldn’t have played last night. Iliman Ndiaye hasn’t signed a contract yet so has been seen as uncommitted and dropped. Yuriel celi aswell is an example. Have we been linked with him by any other source? No. It just screams to me: “shit it’s sunday and we have no clue as to transfer rumours regarding sheffield united whose fans are a big section of our market. Switch football manager on and tell us a unknown promising player from South America

I don’t know much about Davies but I am concerned that many have said he is poor in the air. If that’s the case he absolutely is not the player we need. We have been like a pub team defending crosses ever since JOC was injured. It’s scandalous that it hasn’t been addressed.
Preston fans said he was weak in the air but a good defender otherwise. We really need another centre back in as cover in addition to Davies who is dominant in the air. If Egan gets injured we may as well not bother defending set pieces.

i think last nights abject showing will speed things up now and slavs face throughout the game told you that definetly 2 possibly 3 new midfielders need to come in plus a centre back before the end of august know its early to say this but i think norwood and fleck are done with us and will be moved on if anybody will take em

i think last nights abject showing will speed things up now and slavs face throughout the game told you that definetly 2 possibly 3 new midfielders need to come in plus a centre back before the end of august know its early to say this but i think norwood and fleck are done with us and will be moved on if anybody will take em

I wouldn't read too much into Slav's facial expression. 99% of the time he looks like he want to murder someone.

Agree otherwise though.

I agree that we need to bring in 4 or 5. But (IMO) Norwood, Robinson, McBurnie, Stevens, Mousset and Fleck are stinking this squad up, and I don't see us progressing with then all around the first team. Surely we'll need to move some players on first if we are to add these kind of numbers? That isn't going to be easy as all these players are on good money and won't be in huge demand at the moment.
Selling Ramsdale might balance the books and allow incomings but it's going to leave us with a huge squad and a lot of crap on the periphery.
God help us if we sell Berge and keep Norwood and Fleck. We'll be nearer the bottom than the top come April. If Burke is being relied on to lead the line all season, we are shagged.
utb
I don't think it's fair to say 'stinking the squad up' but there are a number of players who need to move on, both for the club and their future.

Regardless of how this season goes, we know we need to be better next season. Whether that's in this division or the PL. We've seen what happens when we try to sign players in the top flight and trying to replace 7 players is not going to happen. We need to be bringing players in now for future years.

A major issue is not knowing what formation we're likely to be playing, especially at the back.

Stevens - 31 - Not the future. If we're playing with a LWB then not good enough. If we're playing with a LB then this throws up a number of issues (Lowe and Osborn can't play there, but can Robinson?)
Robinson - see above. If not, good enough as a back-up in a 3, but not in a 2
Baldock - not convinced he's good enough as a RB for a promotion side. But Bogle is not a good RB so we have no one else. Given the other problems, he'll do, but not good enough for a higher level
Fleck - 29 - John has gone and we appear to be stuck with Jimmy. He's always seemed to struggle with match fitness when not playing every game (not idea whether that's him or just one of those things) but turns 30 this month. You can argue for keeping him but clearly not good enough at a higher level
Norwood - 30 - Terrible last season and started where he left off. If there was a ballon d'or for pointing, he'd be a favourite. He's a deep playmaker who passes sideways or back with the occasional diagonal. Hardly ever creates anything.
Sharp - 36 - Last season. He doesn't fit in to a front 3. Sure, he can score but he's basically keeping a kid off the bench at this stage. Great servant to the club but...
Mousset - Can't play 90 minutes, can't stay fit. He could be the best player in the world but he's pointless.
Burke - He showed last night that he can be dangerous if he plays a little deeper and runs through the lines. I'm very unconvinced there's enough of a footballer in there.

Then there are players like Lowe, Slater, Smith, Eastwood, L1 Wes who could all be moved on.

That basically seems to leave:

Ramsdale (I'd sell if it means we can bring 4 or 5 in)
Verrips (who know how good or bad he is. He seems to be cursed though)
Egan
Basham - he doesn't start in a back for but a player who can cover several positions
JOC (Will he ever come back at a decent level or even ever come back?)
RND (Can he play as a LB as well as he does as a LWB?)
Bogle (good as a flying RWB, poor as a RB)
Osborn (plays a number of positions and good cover)
Berge (again, sell if it means we can bring 4/5 in)
McBurnie (Should be able to play in this system. Questions over his recent injury record)
Brewster (not going to get anything like our money back, so pray a miracle happens. Still obviously young and has potential)
McGoldrick (Last year of contract. Can play in a number of roles, but not sure he fits into a SJ system)

I wouldn't read too much into Slav's facial expression. 99% of the time he looks like he want to murder someone.

Agree otherwise though.
couldnt get to the game last night but watched it on stream and believe me his face was like thunder from very early on he wont stand for this walking tippy tappy sideways backwards football but really the damage was done last summer when no additions were brought in to supplement midfield thats our outstanding problem that chong for brum made norwood and fleck look like ageing pensioners

We need a 6ft 5in brick shithouse at centre half who can win everything in the air and not get bullied by big centre forwards. We are weak physically at the back and other teams know that and tske advantage, I don't think Davies is the answer unless someone else is coming in too.

Elliott been involved pre-season & started again today for Liverpool vs Atletico Bilbao in a full strength friendly line up.

Good news. Last night will hopefully give the recruitment team a kick up the arse to get things over the line.

Been saying it for a while now but things need to be freshened up. Whether that's incoming or bringing in some of the youth squad it needs to happen.

Back
Top Bottom