2 games to save his job

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't get this we can't pay him off stuff. We're supposed to earn around £135mil just for being in the league. We've barely spent anything in the transfer window and the majority was offset by the sales of Ndiaye and Berge. Our wage bill is the lowest in the division and arguably lower than some Championship teams. We've got plenty of money. If he's on £1mil a year that's only £3mil to sack him.

I don't get this we can't pay him off stuff. We're supposed to earn around £135mil just for being in the league. We've barely spent anything in the transfer window and the majority was offset by the sales of Ndiaye and Berge. Our wage bill is the lowest in the division and arguably lower than some Championship teams. We've got plenty of money. If he's on £1mil a year that's only £3mil to sack him.
If he can afford to pay him off, he could afford to back him more on the first place.

All routes of blame for the current mire directly or indirectly head back in one direction...

Really don't want to see Dean Smith come in. It's not like he has a track record of saving teams in our position either. Didn't half make it look hard at villa too.

Deffo would prefer Wilder if they pulled the trigger to Smith.

There's a lot of sentimentality about Hecky because of the job he's done in difficult circumstances but that will drain away when we're 1 point from 10 games, 15 games and so on.
We do have some decent players and it's obvious we aren't getting nearly enough out of them at the moment, regardless of the opposition. That is on the manager, as it would be at any club.
The idea that we carry on like this and then somehow turn into a winning machine in the championship is unlikely and won't be one followed by the owner.

Bring someone in who's going to fire em up, Warnock like, let hecky coach, Hecky is a coach with a good track record in developing players, he still relatively inexperienced manager wise at premiership level, like most of the team, he's learning as he goes along.
If he does go I'd look at Hessenhuttl, Robins or have a cheeky word with Potter, he might welcome a chance back away from the spotlight

I don't think many would be against Hecky staying next season if we went don't after giving it a good go, that would be what most would have expected anyway. If we carry on like this though, it's ludicrous to say he keeps his job no matter what.

This club has spent 8 seasons in the top flight out of the previous 48. To just accept that we throw the towel in after 7 games, and accept relegation in a manner that we can't even slightly enjoy as fans, is ridiculous. We might not be back again for years.

Dean Smith is who the hierarchy want to replace hecky, there’s another from Spain but I don’t know who.
Well fuck me, he did a great job saving Norwich from the drop didn’t he…. Ffs and they were appalling under him in the champ.

if that’s the sort of replacement they’re looking at I’d keep Hecky.

I just don't understand the logic in having a long term plan that the club is aligned on and then throwing that in the bin because short term, when we accepted relegation was a real possibility, we lose some games.

The players are taking time to adapt to the level.

Hamer is a good signing. He was honking today.

McAtee is well liked. He cost us the first goal.

Anel was a bit of a cheat code in the division below. He's had a rough start.

Archer, who we somehow pushed the boat out for had been largely anonymous apart from against Everton.

It's an unforgiving league. Players are having to adjust to the levels required. For some it will take time, for others it will be too much of a step this time around.

We've spent nothing. When you consider the supposedly spent 33.5m Euro according to Transfermarkt, and 21.5m Euro of that is a glorified loan for Archer. 12m Euros in fees, or 10m quid is virtually nothing.

As painful as it is to be taking the medicine at the moment, if you have a long term plan and that is the way to go then you get your head down and work hard, hopefully pick up some results sooner rather than later, but stick to the plan.

This is prime example of throwing the baby out with the bathwater otherwise and bowing to pressures from media who don't know our club.

You get a new person, you still go down, they either don't fancy it and you need to start all over or you end up with potentially your long term approach in tatters.

Fans were very grateful Hecky getting the team up. With all he had to contend with, it was a terrific effort. Add in the loss of Ndiaye and Berge and most thought a free pass for the season was in order.

Let's not be fairweather about this. You can't be giving your unequivocal support to someone for the season and then withdrawing it after 7 or 8 matches.
Or if he is to go get in some up and coming younger manager who will fit into that long term plan like McKenna.

I have no idea who I'd want to come in but one thing is for sure it best not be Dean fucking Smith.
A clear tactic to convert those anti Chris Wilder sorts. Put out an ex pig as an option who never liked us when he was Villa Manager and the clamour for CW's return will intensify :D. Any suggestion PH only has one more game is surely nonsense unless he's lost the dressing room which doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.

We're in a mess on and off the field so any change options are limited. Moving PH upstairs into a Technical role as a reward for his loyalty and bringing in a young up and coming manager under his tutelage such as Rosenior, Mckenna or Will Still would be my preferred option but I don't see this as being immediate because of a lack of funds.

If change is going to happen I expect it to be later in the season but there has to be an up tick in performances on the field in the short term. The last 2 matches have highlighted tactical and team selection deficiencies that were not apparent in the previous ones. If we continue in the same vein over the next 7 and fail to get anything out of the Wolves, Bournemouth and Burnley games then I fear change will be inevitable. We've already achieved the worst league defeat in our history this season. I'm not sure it will be palatable to PA that we will still be on track to beat Derbys record in December.

I don't think many would be against Hecky staying next season if we went don't after giving it a good go, that would be what most would have expected anyway. If we carry on like this though, it's ludicrous to say he keeps his job no matter what.

This club has spent 8 seasons in the top flight out of the previous 48. To just accept that we throw the towel in after 7 games, and accept relegation in a manner that we can't even slightly enjoy as fans, is ridiculous. We might not be back again for years.
That’s my feelings also. It is going to be tight at the bottom between 4 clubs, we have just as good a chance as the other 3 to finish 4th bottom, but we have to go for it and give it our all and certainly not thinking well we are down anyway.

Seen some really wild shouts from some on here, one I saw was give Hecky all this season and at least 10 games in the Champ next season regardless. So it’s not enough to totally write off this season regardless of results and how we play but we are going to write off a quarter of next season also regardless of results and only then shall Hecky be judged. Absolute bonkers.

Hecky will step aside and go back to his former role. he wont get sacked

Or if he is to go get in some up and coming younger manager who will fit into that long term plan like McKenna.
There's no way he swapping Ipswich for us. Look at the tables, if they were a small club maybe but they get big support and have a history. He will see a lot more upside staying where he is than coming here.

I'd keep Hecky but if there has to be a change Potter would be an easy appointment as he's out of work with a good CV

There's no way he swapping Ipswich for us. Look at the tables, if they were a small club maybe but they get big support and have a history. He will see a lot more upside staying where he is than coming here.

I'd keep Hecky but if there has to be a change Potter would be an easy appointment as he's out of work with a good CV
Potter is waiting for a club that is in or has a decent chance of getting into Champs League. His stock is much higher than we could aim at right now or anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom