2 games to save his job

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think many would be against Hecky staying next season if we went don't after giving it a good go, that would be what most would have expected anyway. If we carry on like this though, it's ludicrous to say he keeps his job no matter what.

This club has spent 8 seasons in the top flight out of the previous 48. To just accept that we throw the towel in after 7 games, and accept relegation in a manner that we can't even slightly enjoy as fans, is ridiculous. We might not be back again for years.
That's the problem we are NOT giving it a good go

What are people’s thoughts on Michael Beale?
No thanks. No experience as a manager in the Prem and hasn't proved anything outside of a few good months with QPR. He had a decent win % at Rangers, but it's a two horse race up there and he never looked like getting out of second place.

Also made himself look a real prick with that speech about loyalty a month before walking out to go to Rangers.

What are people’s thoughts on Michael Beale?
No.

Couldn’t get a tune out of rangers in a league that’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Has the loyalty of a feral cat as shown at QPR

Darren I believe confirmed that we spent around 24m not including signing on fees.

Given the amount of disbelief on how much Norwich spent in 19/20, have we out-Norwiched Norwich? They spent around 6m net. If you consider that relegation pretty much has us refunded Archer, then we must be at a commitment of about the same if we go down.

I believe they stuck to the plan, kept Farke, and got promoted back the following season.

Hecky in for me IF we start to build an identity and style of play. I just don’t understand what we’re trying to do most games. We also need to get a grip on injuries - we’re already behind most sides, we simply can’t afford to have a rotating 1/3 of the squad out all the time.

Hecky in for me IF we start to build an identity and style of play. I just don’t understand what we’re trying to do most games. We also need to get a grip on injuries - we’re already behind most sides, we simply can’t afford to have a rotating 1/3 of the squad out all the time.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) the 'review' that Bettis mentioned of our injury situation throws up, and whether there are any noticeable changes. It's a tricky one because and significant change to our training regime might also require time for the players to adjust and impact performances even further. But I suppose we aren't exactly pulling up trees at the moment anyway, so a shake up might not be the worst thing.

As for what we are trying to do within games, well personally I thought I saw a team pre Newcastle who were trying to nullify opponents and make the best of what little possession we had with direct attacking play. I also saw a once solid defence struggling badly to get the basics right and deal with endless waves of attacks, hindered largely by a midfield that couldn't tackle particularly well. Still, it was sort of working and we were in most games. We have looked hollowed out since that 3rd Newcastle goal went in though.

After seeing Fulham last night, Saturday's game just became even bigger. He's going to be clinging on by his fingernails if we lose.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) the 'review' that Bettis mentioned of our injury situation throws up, and whether there are any noticeable changes. It's a tricky one because and significant change to our training regime might also require time for the players to adjust and impact performances even further. But I suppose we aren't exactly pulling up trees at the moment anyway, so a shake up might not be the worst thing.

As for what we are trying to do within games, well personally I thought I saw a team pre Newcastle who were trying to nullify opponents and make the best of what little possession we had with direct attacking play. I also saw a once solid defence struggling badly to get the basics right and deal with endless waves of attacks, hindered largely by a midfield that couldn't tackle particularly well. Still, it was sort of working and we were in most games. We have looked hollowed out since that 3rd Newcastle goal went in though.
Agree with that. I probably should be more specific and say I think we lack identity with the ball. Defensively and set up wise I can see we ‘worry’ about the opposition (a bit too much if I’m honest). However, when we’re in possession it’s all a bit manic. Classic hot potato stuff. We’re not possession based, nor are we out and out hoof. We’re a bit low quality and agricultural. I’ve noticed players often get left on their own with the ball, as everyone seems to spread away from the man. It always seems like we’re a bit surprised when we have it and give a sense of “now what?”

Seem to recall there used to be a poster on here who had every coaching badge under the sun. As he's been booted off this forum he would have loads of time to spare. His appointment would unite the whole fan base behind a common cause (to get him gone). It would also distract attention from PA's financial plight and the sale fiasco. Is it Fallowfield's time to shine!

Seem to recall there used to be a poster on here who had every coaching badge under the sun. As he's been booted off this forum he would have loads of time to spare. His appointment would unite the whole fan base behind a common cause (to get him gone). It would also distract attention from PA's financial plight and the sale fiasco. Is it Fallowfield's time to shine!
He never left inFACT S6Blademan

Might have been head hunted by a Saudi club🤔😅

I’m worried if we just keep losing and don’t change it that it’s possible we drop again it’s happened before.

It’s funny isn’t it, that if we’d lost out in the play offs and assembled the current squad for this Championship season, I think we’d have been doing OK, almost certainly no one would have been suggesting a change of manager?

But automatic promotion, it seems has instilled unrealistic expectations in some of our supporters. After a measly £26m transfer spend, some are surprised at our lack of impact on the ‘best league in the world’. The fact is that we are in a relegation fight with about ten teams, so until we’ve played everyone at least once, we won’t really get a semi accurate picture of our chances.

But whatever, Heckingbottom hasn’t been financially backed to take a fair crack at the EPL, I think you’ve really got to feel for the bloke, he is the very epitome of a ‘victim of his own success’. Were he to be sacked, based on this seasons performance, it would be an absolute travesty after what he has achieved.

It’s funny isn’t it, that if we’d lost out in the play offs and assembled the current squad for this Championship season, I think we’d have been doing OK, almost certainly no one would have been suggesting a change of manager?

But automatic promotion, it seems has instilled unrealistic expectations in some of our supporters. After a measly £26m transfer spend, some are surprised at our lack of impact on the ‘best league in the world’. The fact is that we are in a relegation fight with about ten teams, so until we’ve played everyone at least once, we won’t really get a semi accurate picture of our chances.

But whatever, Heckingbottom hasn’t been financially backed to take a fair crack at the EPL, I think you’ve really got to feel for the bloke, he is the very epitome of a ‘victim of his own success’. Were he to be sacked, based on this seasons performance, it would be an absolute travesty after what he has achieved.
yes your right hecky certainly has his limitations tactically as a premier league manager but hes been given very little chance by our boardroom of keeping us in the premier league

Guessing you mean NET spend?

Back
Top Bottom