Let’s not laugh at Leeds...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why so much hate towards grealish

He’s quality and is the best player in the championship and is still at villa cause he’s a boyhood villa fan just like with our bill

He’s far too good for villa and should be playing for a top 6 team[/QUOT

i was surprised how he looked so lazy
against brom

He’s quality similar to Maddison

Maddison has gone straight to a top 10 Prem team and shone, can't see Grealish doing the same.

I'm not saying he's crap or anything, but I've watched Villa a few times this season and I don't see where the £60m pricetag stories are coming from at all.

Maddison has gone straight to a top 10 Prem team and shone, can't see Grealish doing the same.

I'm not saying he's crap or anything, but I've watched Villa a few times this season and I don't see where the £60m pricetag stories are coming from at all.

He dominates every game and has been the best player on the pitch every match for villa.

Man united are after him and spurs nearly signed him last year

Suppose it’s the same as any player moving up to the prem but I’d say he’s looked better than Maddison in the champ.

He dominates every game and has been the best player on the pitch every match for villa.

Suppose it’s the same as any player moving up to the prem but I’d say he’s looked better than Maddison in the champ.

Did you watch the playoffs? I thought he was bang average in those. Hourihane, McGinn definitely better in those two for a start.

I imagine we'll see anyway next season, but I really don't get it currently.

Did you watch the playoffs? I thought he was bang average in those. Hourihane, McGinn definitely better in those two for a start.

I imagine we'll see anyway next season, but I really don't get it currently.

Fair enough , if villa do stay down he’ll deffo end up at a spurs type club.

Don’t get all the hate he gets he doesn’t dive he just gets constantly fouled like a hazard

Don't remember him (or McGinn) "dominating" when we steamrollered Villa in September?

Don’t get all the hate he gets he doesn’t dive he just gets constantly fouled like a hazard

I don't hate him, I think he's a bit of a prat, wish he'd pull his socks up and get a haircut that doesn't look like a bicycle helmet, but he does go down easy and can have a nibble at others too.

That's by the by anyway, everyone dives, my main issue is I just don't see him being the player everyone says he is when he's on the ball.

A long way off Champions League football for me.

Literally no one expected Maddison to do that there’s loads of players who if you out in decent prem teams will have a platform to shine

I don't hate him, I think he's a bit of a prat, wish he'd pull his socks up and get a haircut that doesn't look like a bicycle helmet, but he does go down easy and can have a nibble at others too.

That's by the by anyway, everyone dives, my main issue is I just don't see him being the player everyone says he is when he's on the ball.

Grealish doesn’t dive he’s just one of those players that’s always gonna be fouled cause he dribbles players. Like hazard etc ... he’s always gonna fouled
He does have a daft hair cut and needs to pull up his socks but what’s that got to do with owt

Spurs very nearly signed him last summer and grealish would have played a lot for spurs this season if he did , if villa don’t go up can see him going there

Grealish is cheating diving cunt gaining a perfect 10 on the utter utter cuntery scale.
Apart from that I absolutely agree with your opinion.

I predicted that it would be a Villa Derby final because Leeds and West Brim looked spent in their last few league games.
Villa look too scared to lose. Derby thriving on underdog status don’t seem to worry about it too much.

Should be a belter of a final.

I predicted that it would be a Villa Derby final because Leeds and West Brim looked spent in their last few league games.
Villa look too scared to lose. Derby thriving on underdog status don’t seem to worry about it too much.

Should be a belter of a final.

On the one hand, although I like Frank Lampard just fine, Frank Lampard's Derby County irritates me greatly and I don't want him to find his way into the Premier League, because while his team does raise its game for the big occasions, throughout a season they've been basically very average and tactically woeful at times.

Also it would detract from Wilder next year, I think he deserves as much airtime as possible.

On the other hand, Wilder has won every award going for being a shit hot manager, beating Klopp, Pep, Poch etc so hopefully they won't lick Frank's arse as much on MOTD, and I do sort of want to see how catastrophic not going up would be for Villa because it'd be funny.

But then, it'd also be funny if the team Steve Bruce couldn't get out of midtable, got promoted once he'd been sacked.

Too many narratives, I think there'll be an enjoyable outcome regardless, and as you say, should be a cracker.

Grealish doesn’t dive he’s just one of those players that’s always gonna be fouled cause he dribbles players. Like hazard etc ... he’s always gonna fouled
He does have a daft hair cut and needs to pull up his socks but what’s that got to do with owt

Grealish doesn’t dive?!?! Christ, he’s incessant. :eek: He even dived when that Brum fan slapped him. If, when a player goes down, he gets both feet off the ground at the same time; he’s diving.

I suspect that you’re under 30, FFB, possibly nearer 20. Neither Grealish nor Hazard, have never been subject to a proper foul in their careers. In a contact sport, those two twats feel the slightest contact and go down.

I’ve seen worse players, get hit with more robust challenges and stay on their feet. Have a look on YouTube for Strachan v. Uruguay.

He has all the skill and vision to be a great player and yet relies upon shithousery. Bielsa once said something along the lines of ‘think about what kind of football we are passing on to the next generation’. Grealish in totality doesn’t represent something I’d want to pass on to the next generation and be seen as acceptable.

I agree.

only 23, I can Grealish being the real deal. If he was crap versus West Brom at Villa Park, I'd settle for that type of crap any day.

He made the first goal by making WBA back off so deep and then put the ball on the scorers toe, then won the penalty.

MOM and matchwinner. He's being the same for weeks and weeks now

I agree.

only 23, I can Grealish being the real deal. If he was crap versus West Brom at Villa Park, I'd settle for that type of crap any day.

He made the first goal by making WBA back off so deep and then put the ball on the scorers toe, then won the penalty.

MOM and matchwinner. He's being the same for weeks and weeks now

Think you're overstating the quality of that pass a bit. West Brom were all chasing the ball at once and he rolled it to Hourihane who was in acres of space. Basically what we did when Eze scored against us down at Loftus Road.

Feel like Grealish must be like a magic eye picture or something, I just can't see it.

All I see is a decent Championship midfielder that makes a meal of every bit of contact.

. West Brom were all chasing the ball at once and he rolled it to Hourihane who was in acres of space.
Who made them do that ?

Before Grealish got the ball West Brom were well set defensively. He drove into the box, they all dropped deep to cover his run, cause they were shit scared of what he can do, and that created the acres of space for the scorer.

He's off to the prem regardless of the play off result. I'd certainly add him to our squad if we get bought by a mad billionaire

Who made them do that ?

Before Grealish got the ball West Brom were well set defensively. He drove into the box, they all dropped deep to cover his run, cause they were shit scared of what he can do, and that created the acres of space for the scorer.

He's off to the prem regardless of the play off result. I'd certainly add him to our squad if we get bought by a mad billionaire

Must be one of those "it's better to have the reputation for having a temper, than actually having a temper" things because all he did was float around and play short passes.

Got a 6.5/10 on Sky's report over the two legs.

If all your players try to cover one run you're not very good defensively I'd say.

I’m stunned they’ve gone out to Derby. Derby have been by far the weakest of the play off teams. Leeds have completely thrown it away. I mentioned before my bewilderment at the fascination the media have with Bielsa. They’ve had a good season but are they on paper worse than the Blades, possibly not, I’m comfortable saying that because nobody gave us a hope, Wilder and Knill get the best out of a group. So in my eyes Leeds failure to get the job done is a failure of him to get the best out of them when it matters.

I see today there’s talk Bielsa may now leave. Complete arrogance to think he could turn up for a season and get them out of one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Why so much hate towards grealish

He’s quality and is the best player in the championship and is still at villa cause he’s a boyhood villa fan just like with our bill

He’s far too good for villa and should be playing for a top 6 team

Are you Grealish’ favva or somethin?! Dont get me wrong, he is a top drawer championship player, but to stick up for the leagues biggest wanker is baffling. And he does dive, type in youtube ‘graslish dive’ there are plenty of videos come up of him tumbling over at minimal contact, a bit like that twat Bamford last night

Bielsa will be packing his bags today. He has no loyalty. Cant undetstand what all the fuss is about him tbh. Hes had a very competitive budget to get Leeds up and has failed. Simple as.

I wonder if the media will now cease with the Bielsa love in and move on to someone else now....probably CW! (provided of course FLDC dont go up)

Grealish doesn’t dive?!?! Christ, he’s incessant. :eek: He even dived when that Brum fan slapped him. If, when a player goes down, he gets both feet off the ground at the same time; he’s diving.

He has all the skill and vision to be a great player and yet relies upon shithousery. Bielsa once said something along the lines of ‘think about what kind of football we are passing on to the next generation’. Grealish in totality doesn’t represent something I’d want to pass on to the next generation and be seen as acceptable.

I think anybody who has links to Leeds in the last fifty years and can pass on advice like that should shut the fuck up. Leeds have been bending the rules since Revie made them a permanent stain on the game 50 years ago. Grealish? Controversial view but in the incident v WBA (first leg) where he 'won' the penalty, me and a few mates thought the West Brom defender just got a touch to the ball first, and the reason there was no protest was because they knew it would be futile. Would Grealish get away with his antics in the PL? Why haven't any clubs come in for him?

The semis so far? Villa looked good but West Brom just capitulated when Brunt (who's turned into a right dirty cunt) was sent off. Thinking they could put all 10 back in the box and hang on was always going to end in tears. They needed an outlet and a manager with bravery and imagination - like Wilder in our home win v Brentford.

FLDC discovered the intensity needed in these types of games (which was missing in the first leg). All in all, a fabulous game, though - reminiscent of us v Forest in 2003. I knew it was Derby's night when that useless lump Keogh threaded a perfect ball through for a Derby goal.

Leeds? Major rebuilding needed starting with the utterly over-hyped Bielsa. Casilla is a joke of a goalie and they could do with losing their stupid fucking haircuts. They'll be fine though. Next season Colin Murray, Dean Ashton et al will continue their utter fawning over this has-been club.

If you want an idea of how much Grealish dives, feigns injury etc just look at the reaction of his team mates when Lundstram cemented him. Not one of them claims a foul, or even shows the slightest bit of concern. Indeed, their collective reaction seems to be 'fuck sake, Jack's at it again'.

I suspect that you’re under 30, FFB, possibly nearer 20. Neither Grealish nor Hazard, have never been subject to a proper foul in their careers. In a contact sport, those two twats feel the slightest contact and go down.

I’ve seen worse players, get hit with more robust challenges and stay on their feet. Have a look on YouTube for Strachan v. Uruguay.

Saved me replying. “Grealish does dive” hahahahahahaha he dives at every given opportunity.

In the end tufty brought a top keeper in ,Leeds didn't and that cost em big time last night,at 2 nil down Derby threw the tactics board out the window and attacked and the Leeds keeper and back four capitulated.
Still we could go and get jack Harrison off em for next season.

On the one hand, although I like Frank Lampard just fine, Frank Lampard's Derby County irritates me greatly and I don't want him to find his way into the Premier League, because while his team does raise its game for the big occasions, throughout a season they've been basically very average and tactically woeful at times.

Also it would detract from Wilder next year, I think he deserves as much airtime as possible.

On the other hand, Wilder has won every award going for being a shit hot manager, beating Klopp, Pep, Poch etc so hopefully they won't lick Frank's arse as much on MOTD, and I do sort of want to see how catastrophic not going up would be for Villa because it'd be funny.

But then, it'd also be funny if the team Steve Bruce couldn't get out of midtable, got promoted once he'd been sacked.

Too many narratives, I think there'll be an enjoyable outcome regardless, and as you say, should be a cracker.
I agree with your reasoning. Lampards side have been inconsistent and plugged with some skillful loan players, he has managed to get his team to the final. The play offs will always be a lottery and I’m so happy we missed them this year. ;)
It could be his charisma, his contacts or his managerial ability that has got them there, but Wilder and Knill did it by dint of sheer hard work and good coaching/management. No doubt in my mind that Villa deserve to go up as the form side who have been very well managed too.
Bloody play offs lottery. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom