Gone Elsewhere Dowell back Permanently?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I noticed he played centre mid for England yesterday and he's definitely got potential so I'm wondering has Dowell been played more at centre mid than attacking mid?

He hasn't. This is something that he has only really done with England in the last couple of weeks. But he's an intelligent and technically able enough player to play a number of different positions.

Let’s hope so

Dowell is a very young and skillful player if we can get him for a decent price I can't see why we wouldn't. He showed he can do it he just needs to settle in and get game time and grow as a player. He is probably one of the only players we had that could break with speed and take players on as well I'd be interested in trying to get him back if it was for the right price and I can only see us making a profit off him to be honest highly rated in englands under 21s I'd like to see him grow with us for the right price.

Only way I would bring back Dowell would be to sign him for next to nothing and loan him out to a championship club. IMO he is not ready to be playing minutes in the EPL this year.

Only way I would bring back Dowell would be to sign him for next to nothing and loan him out to a championship club. IMO he is not ready to be playing minutes in the EPL this year.

I'm not too sure. Some players are more suited to PL style.

I thought Stephen Quinn's premier League season for us was his best

Might as well sign all the players we've got an eye on for next to nothing while we're at it.

For three million - ish I think he's be a great buy ,he just needs games and confidence and he will be worth five times that

Dowell would be a good signing at the right price. He's wouldn't be on of our star players next year but he will probably get stronger and smarter

Exactly the right age and will only improve.

If Everton are looking to sell / thinking about cashing in then we may want to think about it as another LT option. Realistically he’s not going to be in Everton’s first team any time soon, he’d certainly get game time for us next year. A deal under £4m would be a deal worth making imo.

Surely if Freeman comes in then this is dead in the water?

Possibly so. But as well as no. 10, can Freeman play wing back/full back, or centre mid, as Dowell has done?

... he's an intelligent and technically able enough player to play a number of different positions.

Quite so. Well said.

Possibly so. But as well as no. 10, can Freeman play wing back/full back, or centre mid, as Dowell has done?

Quite so. Well said.
Think Freeman played mostly on the wing last season. I really haven't been impressed with Dowell from what I've seen of him. Just flashes of talent every now and then. If he were to play in the No 10 role then I would rather play Duffy instead.

I'm not too fussed really as I'm sure our Chris will sort out that position 😉

Think Freeman played mostly on the wing last season. I really haven't been impressed with Dowell from what I've seen of him. Just flashes of talent every now and then. If he were to play in the No 10 role then I would rather play Duffy instead.

I'm not too fussed really as I'm sure our Chris will sort out that position 😉

Fair play. He’s young, and for me showed sufficient flashes / technique last season, to be worth a shot at an affordable price or on loan. He’s at an age, and with a skill set, that suggests he could kick on considerably in the next 1-3 years. Either that, or he becomes a perennial middling Champ midfielder.

Sometimes, especially in our boat, ya gotta take a punt?

Fair play. He’s young, and for me showed sufficient flashes / technique last season, to be worth a shot at an affordable price or on loan. He’s at an age, and with a skill set, that suggests he could kick on considerably in the next 1-3 years. Either that, or he becomes a perennial middling Champ midfielder.

Sometimes, especially in our boat, ya gotta take a punt?

Yeah I agree as long as he doesn't break the bank 😀

That sounds about right, they want him to get more game time at 21 he needs to be, not sure CW can guarantee Everton that.

I still stand by my comments all along though, that he needs a bit more assertiveness to his game, to take games by the scruff of the neck. He'd be capable of dictating games.

Another loan to a Champ side where he'd get plenty of game time is probably the best move for him at this stage of his career.
Spending most of next season sat on Utd's bench (at best) won't do him any good and certainly don't think Utd should burn their second and final loan (assuming Henderson will rejoin) on someone that will play a bit part.

Wigan would be a good move for him. He'd be replacing Nick Powell. A very good replacement too. They look like doing good business. Bits in paper. Encouraging.

Would have been worth trying to sign for a reasonable price (presume Everton weren’t interested in selling?)

But would have been massive folly to waste a loan signing on a bit part player imo.

It should be a permanent move for a reasonable fee, or it doesnt happen at all.

Why should SUFC improve Everton's young players for them? he's a decent little player with potential, but nothing more at this stage of his career.

Not quite sure why so many feel Everton should sell him, especially cheaply. He's young, talented, a regular with England u21s and needs game time to further develop having done fairly well in his previous loans in the Champ.
I'd say that would make him perfect for another loan. Do I think he's good enough for the Prem at the moment? In a word, no - possibly as a squad player but not as a regular starter. Therefore another season in the Champ would be ideal with the sides I've seen mentioned (Hudders & Wigan), being ideal, particularly Wigan, who Ricky mentioned, need someone to replace Powell.

A pity we didn't go for Aribo instead. Think he would have been a good player to develop and take over from Duffy.

Not interested in Dowell on loan. Either he comes on a perm and we develop him over time for us, or we get a more high profile loan signing.

Loaning him is neither here nor there in my view.

Champagne...agree re Aribo and cant figure why hes gone to Rangers.

However I did hear an interview with Lee Bowyer yesterday who slated his agent...and not for unsettleing the player or Charlton receiving no money. His gripe was that Brentford were in for him and the agent hadn't even told.the player or persued interest. Bowyer said Btentford have a track record of signing young players, improving them and selling them on to bigger clubs and that's what they would have done with Aribo

Derby looking at him according to SSN. Might be a swap deal involving HMS Keogh.

19:34

DERBY IN FOR DOWELL?
Derby
are trying to hijack Huddersfield's bid for Everton’s Kieran Dowell, according to the Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old midfielder spent the second half of last season on loan at Sheffield United.

Derby looking at him according to SSN. Might be a swap deal involving HMS Keogh.

19:34

DERBY IN FOR DOWELL?
Derby
are trying to hijack Huddersfield's bid for Everton’s Kieran Dowell, according to the Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old midfielder spent the second half of last season on loan at Sheffield United.

View attachment 56990
The fact a Championship club is in for him probably shows where his development is at. A 3 or 4 year project for us, yes. A one year borrow and return at PL level? Nah.

Back
Top Bottom