CONFIRMED Tyrese Campbell signs a three year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Last season he was disappointing and he has never looked fit. If his fitness has improved that will give us options. I would hope that Wilder spoken with him about giving away stupid frees where he runs into the back of players when he hasn't got to the ball first.
 
Decent Champ striker with the attributes to be a handful at this level.

Always difficult as a player during contract negotiations and agents talk, hopefully now put to one side for a short while.
 
He needs to have a different attitude this season. No slow jogging back. Put himself about more. He has all the attributes. Time for Wilder to use his management skills
 
Cannon must be brilliant then if he's playing dog shit every week and still bagging the same number of goals as Campbell who is the far better player.
Neither of them are brilliant. However, Campbell has more strength, a better touch, a better finish, more awareness and is better at running with the ball. Unfortunately he's not fit enough and looks like he's carrying an injury. His natural ability is greater than Cannon's in my opinion.
 
Neither of them are brilliant. However, Campbell has more strength, a better touch, a better finish, more awareness and is better at running with the ball. Unfortunately he's not fit enough and looks like he's carrying an injury. His natural ability is greater than Cannon's in my opinion.

Would you have extended his contract?
 
As we all saw in his first season, he can be a real top championship striker. Sadly last season he looked overweight, lazy and disinterested. Maybe that’s just supporters perception but it’s clearly tarred the opinion of many.
Hopefully he can get back to how he was before. If he can then obviously he makes us a much stronger side.
 
Would you have extended his contract?
Yes. I am disappointed as anyone in his performances last year. The main reason being that I think he has the ability to be a good player. Its now up to him if he's able to kick on, as this season is his last chance here, I would assume. I hope he can do it, as it would improve our team.
 
Yes. I am disappointed as anyone in his performances last year. The main reason being that I think he has the ability to be a good player. Its now up to him if he's able to kick on, as this season is his last chance here, I would assume. I hope he can do it, as it would improve our team.

Campbell is a decent striker to have in the squad at this level.

Bamford will obviously be the main man but this season is a massive opportunity for Cannon and Oné to really push on now.

Hopefully they all stay fit and can all contribute.
 
Campbell is a decent striker to have in the squad at this level.

Bamford will obviously be the main man but this season is a massive opportunity for Cannon and Oné to really push on now.

Hopefully they all stay fit and can all contribute.
The perfect scenario! Let's hope so. UTB
 
Campbell is a decent striker to have in the squad at this level.

Bamford will obviously be the main man but this season is a massive opportunity for Cannon and Oné to really push on now.

Hopefully they all stay fit and can all contribute.
Well that last line has put the kybosh on our season 😁
 



As plenty have already pointed out, Campbell had a great first season and showed all the attributes of a very good striker with strength, speed, link up play and most importantly a decent work ethic.

Last season, he joined everyone in out poor start and never really looked like trying to get back to how he was. He was lethargic, appearing lacking in effort and interest and for the most part, was a waste of a shirt.
Hopefully Wilder has given him the kick up the arse that he needs, by putting him on a separate training plan, highlighting that he needed to put extra effort in to get back to an expected level of fitness.

If he can get anywhere near what he was in the first season, he will be a real asset.
I would like to see if a Campbell/Bamford pairing would work. If they can get a good understanding of each other then they would cause all sorts of problems. But only if Campbell knuckles down and shows some effort.
 
Did not think it possible but Campbell has been lazier than cannon
 
Wilder & Co must be happy with his fitness or he wouldn't have got a new contract
 
Bit of an odd one given his form and I anssume lack of interest from other clubs to take him off our hands…imagine Wilder reckons he can still get a tune out of the lad.

UTB.
 
I thought Tyrese looked very useful that first season but last looked unfit and often off the pace.

He undoubtedly looks leaner. I've only seen him in the flesh once since last season and it was clear he'd lost some bulk.

Hopefully, this is reward for the staff seeing something positive behind the scenes. I certainly think there's a player in there for a club in our position.
 
I'm pleased we think he's good enough to have him sign a new contract, he's probably the quickest and best finisher at the club.
I don't believe he's "lazy". He seems to have a chronic lower back problem - he can't sprint effeciently because surrounding muscles have to overcompensate which means he tires more quickly and his recovery time is longer.
Unless that gets sorted he will never function at 100% for anything like 90 minutes.
Fortunately - or unfortunately - all matches are now 21 player games, 5 from any 9 named subs I believe,
He should be a great impact player for us but unless he can get the injury sorted I'm afraid he'll never last the 90. Well worth keeping though thankfully.
On the other hand I may be wrong and he's just a lazy sod...
 
Cannon must be brilliant then if he's playing dog shit every week and still bagging the same number of goals as Campbell who is the far better player.

The biggest difference between TC & Cannon for me is that we’ve seen what TC is capable of - and that’s being an effective championship striker. We’ve seem glimpses of decent play from Cannon, but that’s about it.
 
The biggest difference between TC & Cannon for me is that we’ve seen what TC is capable of - and that’s being an effective championship striker. We’ve seem glimpses of decent play from Cannon, but that’s about it.

It's a big season for them both.

I still can't believe that Tyrese Campbell is only 3 months older than Rhian Brewster.

He seems to have been around forever.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom